Coronavirus

Reacher

Yet another mile family virus story to share with Hoosier Sports Nation :

My son's I phone stopped receiving/sending phone calls at the start of the virus.  He could text. But couldn't talk or receive calls.  We got on line. And tried all kinds of fixes. None of which worked. All the Apple stores are closed. We use Verizon.  And the store that is closest to us is closed due to the virus. Another Verizon store that is further away, just "opened" up.  So... mrs. mile and my son went to that store today. To see if they could fix the problem. 

The store was locked. No one allowed in.  But the employees were standing outside with masks on. After hearing why mrs. mile and my son were there.  One young lady asked them to take them to our car. There. Standing in the parking lot, outside of the car.  She cleaned the phone. And started testing.  In a few minutes..... she corrected the issue.  No charge.  Phone is working again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I don't know if it's simply Corona fatigue, but Dr. Fauci is starting to annoy me a bit.  I think everyone understands that re-opening comes with risks, just as remaining closed comes with a different set of risks.  The facts are that he, himself, underestimated this thing back in January and February.  

I totally get the possible fatigue from this, but scientists and doctors are going to lean towards conservative methods. They fear unnecessary loss of lives.

I would prefer this over getting smoke blown up my a** by leaders who say unrealistic drivel like “we have met the moment and we have prevailed." I would rather have a scientist/realist giving me the straight news over desperate politicians who care more about their own survival than ours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I don't know if it's simply Corona fatigue, but Dr. Fauci is starting to annoy me a bit.  I think everyone understands that re-opening comes with risks, just as remaining closed comes with a different set of risks.  The facts are that he, himself, underestimated this thing back in January and February.  

I'm starting to think he's trying to cover his ass.  If everything opens up and there is no second wave he will look foolish because of his initial predictions being so far off. 

He made $384,000 in 2018 probably more last year,s taying home wont affect his bottom line, while we all get $1200 checks. 

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Man.  I hope our locals Steak n Shakes are not impacted.  One of the Fouls family favorites.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Got a survey from my kids school this morning asking me to rank my preferences on alternative learning models for the 20-21 school year.  Just receiving the survey makes me concerned not only about school in the fall, but high school sports and college sports as well.

This district I work for sent one of those out too. Did you have four options to choose from?  I am starting to think about what adjustments I would have to make to start next year doing eLearning. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Man.  I hope our locals Steak n Shakes are not impacted.  One of the Fouls family favorites.

I tried to find a list is restaurants affected today, but I guess no list was published. I will be crushed if the one in Clarksville is. I hope the one in Bedford survives too since that is a frequent stop headed to Bloomington for games for me. 

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

This district I work for sent one of those out too. Did you have four options to choose from?  I am starting to think about what adjustments I would have to make to start next year doing eLearning. 

I tried to find a list is restaurants affected today, but I guess no list was published. I will be crushed if the one in Clarksville is. I hope the one in Bedford survives too since that is a frequent stop headed to Bloomington for games for me. 

I had to look it up because it's on my way home from work. Bedford is still open. Need some chili mac soon. 

35 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We only had 3 options and were asked to list our 3 preferences.  I thought that was kind of silly because my 'preference' for Option 3 on my list was 0%, but I had to rank it as a preferred option because we had to choose 3 from a list of 3. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We eat at the Steak N Shake in Clarksville more than we eat at any other restaurant in that town.  We also frequent the ones in Seymour and Southport if we're on I-65 between Indy and home.

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

The Steak ‘n Shake by Park Meadows mall actually closed before this mess started. I used to go there a lot whenever I worked on the south side of Denver. I read where the franchisee had been battling with corporate over mandated pricing issues. I was bummed when I learned they were closed.

6 hours ago, SteveS said:

The Steak ‘n Shake by Park Meadows mall actually closed before this mess started. I used to go there a lot whenever I worked on the south side of Denver. I read where the franchisee had been battling with corporate over mandated pricing issues. I was bummed when I learned they were closed.

Yeah, the one we had in Warsaw closed as well before this started.

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

They’re starting to talk here about not opening schools until January 

I guess these ignoramuses making decisions arent paying attention to actual practicing medical professionals who say kids will be fine. 

If people are worried or scared they should isolate, and get compensated for it, and let the rest of us live life.

GDP is falling and we are looking at another stimulus.  $3 trillion.  Where is this money going?  They could give every working age adult $50,000 for a year and prop up small businesses for around $500 billion.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I guess these ignoramuses making decisions arent paying attention to actual practicing medical professionals who say kids will be fine. 

If people are worried or scared they should isolate, and get compensated for it, and let the rest of us live life.

GDP is falling and we are looking at another stimulus.  $3 trillion.  Where is this money going?  They could give every working age adult $50,000 for a year and prop up small businesses for around $500 billion.

Not all kids will be fine. Most probably so but all CF, MITO  and any other respiratory disease kids wont be fine

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not all kids will be fine. Most probably so but all CF, MITO  and any other respiratory disease kids wont be fine

That is true, didnt mean to generalize. Hope you all are doing well and still praying for your family.

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That is true, didnt mean to generalize. Hope you all are doing well and still praying for your family.

Like you said the vast majority will be fine. We are doing great thanks for asking. My wife and Ayden have not not been in a public place in nearly 2 months. 1 trip to Riley for bloodwork is all. Ayden could easily become  home school child unfortunately 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Like you said the vast majority will be fine. We are doing great thanks for asking. My wife and Ayden have not not been in a public place in nearly 2 months. 1 trip to Riley for bloodwork is all. Ayden could easily become  home school child unfortunately 

Good to hear. That has to be tough not being able to go out. I'm all for taking the recommended precautions.  I dont need it for myself but you just dont know what others are dealing.  I just dont need any more stimulus.  This one size fits all approach is insane. If .Gov is going to spend the money they should find a way to get it to those who need it.

29 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Good to hear. That has to be tough not being able to go out. I'm all for taking the recommended precautions.  I dont need it for myself but you just dont know what others are dealing.  I just dont need any more stimulus.  This one size fits all approach is insane. If .Gov is going to spend the money they should find a way to get it to those who need it.

We have lost 75 percent of our income end neither my wife or I can draw unemployment.  We had to do a bathroom remodeling project because of water damage and insurance was covering it and my intentions were to hire someone to do it. Instead   Corona has forced me to be the one doing it.

Edited by Billingsley99

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We have lost 75 percent of our income end neither my wife or I can draw unemployment.  We had to do a bathroom remodeling project because of water damage and insurance was covering it and my intentions were to hire someone to do it. Instead   Corona has forced me to be the one doing it.

Have you applied for unemployment?  My wife is self employed and was ineligible but the CARES act opened it up for alot of previously ineligible people. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just recently did again waiting to hear back

They were overwhelmed at first dealing with all the new claims and setting up a new system.  Seem to be moving a little quicker now.

I had to take unemployment about 10 yrs ago. If not for that I would be lost. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will help as best I can. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

They’re starting to talk here about not opening schools until January 

That's just crazy to me. Not sure what part of the world you live in but making decisions in May for January???? I'll bring up what Mitch Daniels said last month. No one should be making decisions for September in mid April. 

This chart was released 5-8...Clay Travis retweeted this morning. As he said. Less than 1 in 1 Million chance of death for those under age 24 yet we want to shut every campus down??

Clay Chart.jpg

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

This may toe the line, delete if needed, but look who wants to shut everthing down and who want to reasonably open up.  It's an election year. This has become an attempt to destroy the economy, damn us all. Its disgusting.

Election year or not...money makes the world go 'round.

• Like 1