Coronavirus

Reacher

39 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Well more fallout from the dirth of Restaurant  business! In case you missed my earlier post our company makes commercial refrigeration and ice equipment. By far biggest customer base is restaurants. Last week almost all of manufacturing was put on a 3week furlough. 

Today, 24 salaried employees were permanently sent home. I’m not one. Also some more departments are going to be put on furlough! 

Tough times ahead!

Coronavirus in Chicago: A running list of restaurants that have closed permanently

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Gee thanks for cheering me up mile!😩JK

But yeah things are going to be tough for awhile, but I also think it is a huge opportunity for some entrepreneurial types to reinvent the business model and make a killing! People even now still want to go out and eat!

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

but I also think it is a huge opportunity for some entrepreneurial types to reinvent the business model and make a killing! People even now still want to go out and eat!

For instance our sister division makes drink dispensers their biggest customer is Coke, if you’re familiar with the Coke Freestyle machine, the one you can choose from about 300 different flavor combinations! All done with a touch screen, I have it on account that they are trying to come up with a way to operate the machine with a phone app!

Come on entrepreneurship, bring back the restaurant business better than ever!

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Gee thanks for cheering me up mile!😩JK

But yeah things are going to be tough for awhile, but I also think it is a huge opportunity for some entrepreneurial types to reinvent the business model and make a killing! People even now still want to go out and eat!

It's a shame. Running a restaurant is a tough business, normally.  However.  They should not be having to close over something they had nothing to do with.

And you are correct. Much to learn about this going forward.

Hey Drrough. Stay safe. Prayers going out to you and yours to get through this thing.  I have  long list of my favorite HSN members. Just know you are on that list.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/whitko-community-schools-to-hold-in-person-commencement-in-july/

Looks like Rico's school is going to be a trendsetter up here in NE Indiana.

The school district my kids attend will also have July commencements.  Not sure if it is students only or if family can attend.  My oldest is just a Sophomore, so I have not really paid attention to the details.

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Not protecting our seniors- especially in nursing homes- is shaping up to be the most tragic lesson from the coronavirus. Article does a good job pf pointing out many things that have been learned already- https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/who-sent-coronavirus-positive-patients-into-nursing-homes

I'm not sure how things are now, but when this started my Mother in Law is the nursing manager at a nursing home and she said that patients were carelessly being transferred between homes. She was very frustrated because there were very few protocols set-up. Considering how many deaths take place in nursing homes, you'd think there should be a quarantining period before anybody is admitted into a nursing home. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The school district my kids attend will also have July commencements.  Not sure if it is students only or if family can attend.  My oldest is just a Sophomore, so I have not really paid attention to the details.

Our local high school. Cherry Creek in Arapahoe country granted graduation to our Seniors.  The high school  paid for and placed lawn signs for all graduates.  Two Seniors on my block. Still proudly displaying the signs. Young lady directly across the street from me wanted to go to IU. Where her best friend is.   However, because of the virus chose to stay closer to home, and has enrolled in the University of Colorado.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I called into work today to see what I needed to do before I could come back to work.  I was informed that there is no.position to come back to.  I guess they had to let a lot of people go so I will be out of work

That stinks for you, Scott! What line of work were you in? 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I called into work today to see what I needed to do before I could come back to work.  I was informed that there is no.position to come back to.  I guess they had to let a lot of people go so I will be out of work

File your forms asap with state of Indiana. https://www.in.gov/dwd/2362.htm 

Might take a few weeks to process but I've been hearing some numbers in the $5=$600 a week range. Sorry to hear about job though. Unfortunately it's a club that is going to grow by the millions over coming weeks/months.

Edited by Seeking6

2 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

That stinks for you, Scott! What line of work were you in? 

It was a little complicated, I had worked for this trucking company for 6 years.  I worked in their maintenance department processing all of their repair invoices.  On March 26tj we found out our department was being taken over my another repair company.  I stayed on getting all of our invoices caught up and the day I finally got caught up was the day I found out that I had the virus.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My heart is breaking for you Scott. Just know you are not alone. If there is an consolation to take from that.

-------------------------------

I just finished making a payment over the phone. Normally a machine, and I am done. This time the machine was not working. And I was transferred to a lady working from home. And so glad the machine was not working. Isabella.  Lives in Arizona.  After conducting business. We talked  She lives with her mom and dad. Both of which have the virus. And are self contained in separate bedrooms. Her four year old son, that her mom normally takes care of when Isabella has to go in to work, has downs syndrome. He does not have the virus.   And Isabella.... like the mile family attends church, weekly..... on line.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You may not have had one in your neighborhood.  As they only had less than 100 stores nation wide. Been to the one on Orlando. And the one in Aurora, Colorado.

The coronavirus  takes another victim :

Sweet Tomatoes confirms it’s permanently closing every location over coronavirus shutdowns 

Was told today the projections are only one in six restaurants open before CV will survive!🤬