Coronavirus

Reacher

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I called into work today to see what I needed to do before I could come back to work.  I was informed that there is no.position to come back to.  I guess they had to let a lot of people go so I will be out of work

Damn, Scott. This is horrible news on top of your physical suffering. I am so, so sorry.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Was told today the projections are only one in six restaurants open before CV will survive!🤬

I am not happy about this.  We learn that Steak and Shake will be closing most of their stores for good.  And then, Sweet Tomatoes is closing ALL of their stores for good.

I am sure, as you are saying, there will be more.

Sweet Tomatoes and the death of the American dream

It was a little complicated, I had worked for this trucking company for 6 years.  I worked in their maintenance department processing all of their repair invoices.  On March 26tj we found out our department was being taken over my another repair company.  I stayed on getting all of our invoices caught up and the day I finally got caught up was the day I found out that I had the virus.

Scott talk about getting served a bad day! Praying for you and all the others in similar situations! 
Just have to say since our entire plant goes on furlough for two weeks after tomorrow, the only non customer service/sales department still working is accounting handling the invoices! 
You can find work! But you better get after it, I’m told those 600 cv payments run out July 1st! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Scott talk about getting served a bad day! Praying for you and all the others in similar situations! 
Just have to say since our entire plant goes on furlough for two weeks after tomorrow, the only non customer service/sales department still working is accounting handling the invoices! 
You can find work! But you better get after it, I’m told those 600 cv payments run out July 1st! 

Just filed for unemployment

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am not happy about this.  We learn that Steak and Shake will be closing most of their stores for good.  And then, Sweet Tomatoes is closing ALL of their stores for good.

I am sure, as you are saying, there will be more.

Sweet Tomatoes and the death of the American dream

My understanding on Steak N Shake is they closed 57 stores this week....but still have 500+ running. Their business model has been in trouble for quite awhile. They want fast and friendly but also invest millions in kitchen equipment. They might want to do what BW3 is doing near Atlanta....which is contact less food to go. I think many in the food business would be wise to add this option asap on all platforms. 

I called into work today to see what I needed to do before I could come back to work.  I was informed that there is no.position to come back to.  I guess they had to let a lot of people go so I will be out of work

Good luck Scott...hope you can find something soon...

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Here is an interview with a well respected chef named David Chang where he gives his take on the restaurant industry going forward.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/27/magazine/david-chang-restaurants-covid19.html

And if you have netflix and like food shows I recommend Ugly Delicious and Chef. 

Of the one in six restaurants that survive you can be sure that the overwhelming majority will be the restaurants you wish didn’t! 
I love to try new things, not the same old “Hamburger and French Fries” or pizza! Although I love pizza!

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Of the one in six restaurants that survive you can be sure that the overwhelming majority will be the restaurants you wish didn’t! 
I love to try new things, not the same old “Hamburger and French Fries” or pizza! Although I love pizza!

I know right?  Makes me bummed. We were in the middle of a food revolution with so much more good stuff out there to try. Feel bad for all restaurants in Bloomington that opened in the last few years. I wonder how many will survive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just filed for unemployment

Good thing you got it done. The website has been pretty slow Sunday thru Wednesday, because a lot of people file their weekly vouchers early in the week. Thursday thru Saturday is the best time to get on. 

12 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

Good thing you got it done. The website has been pretty slow Sunday thru Wednesday, because a lot of people file their weekly vouchers early in the week. Thursday thru Saturday is the best time to get on. 

I saw where they recommend to do vouchers on those days.  I will have to back on the website to make sure I know exactly what to do.  Might need to go back and change something if I can because I am afraid on the amount it would take to accept a job.  I might have put the amount to high so I hope that does not influence if I get accepted.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I saw where they recommend to do vouchers on those days.  I will have to back on the website to make sure I know exactly what to do.  Might need to go back and change something if I can because I am afraid on the amount it would take to accept a job.  I might have put the amount to high so I hope that does not influence if I get accepted.

I don't think it will matter. Right now I think it's pretty much assumed that we are laid off due to Covid, and that virtually no one is hiring for the same reason. 

3 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

I don't think it will matter. Right now I think it's pretty much assumed that we are laid off due to Covid, and that virtually no one is hiring for the same reason. 

So now that I have filed is the only thing I do now is go and feel it my weekly voucher until I find if I qualify.  Do you have to show that you looked for a job every week like you use to?

It's May 15.  And time for another Colorado fly over. This time by the Colorado National Guard. And unlike the others, that have flown over the big cities in the front range. This one will be flying over smaller communities in the mountains, and Southern Colorado.

Colorado Air National Guard Will Host A Flyover Over The Western Slope And Southern Colorado 

Thought this was an interesting article. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/antibody-test-results-of-2-snohomish-county-residents-throw-into-question-timeline-of-coronaviruss-u-s-arrival/?utm_source=marketingcloud&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BNA_051520024225+Did+coronavirus+arrive+in+Washington+earlier+than+first+thought_5_14_2020&utm_term=Registered User

No way to verify but my better half and her friends went overseas (Europe) in January. She returned home and had an absolute nagging dry cough, fatigue,etc....for about 2 weeks in January. We've been obviously discussing over the last month but curious if she had it back in January and just didn't know.

Forgot to add....not mention all the sickness that took place up in Northern Indiana this past winter. Maybe it wasn't the flu??

Edited by Seeking6

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought this was an interesting article. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/antibody-test-results-of-2-snohomish-county-residents-throw-into-question-timeline-of-coronaviruss-u-s-arrival/?utm_source=marketingcloud&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BNA_051520024225+Did+coronavirus+arrive+in+Washington+earlier+than+first+thought_5_14_2020&utm_term=Registered User

No way to verify but my better half and her friends went overseas (Europe) in January. She returned home and had an absolute nagging dry cough, fatigue,etc....for about 2 weeks in January. We've been obviously discussing over the last month but curious if she had it back in January and just didn't know.

Forgot to add....not mention all the sickness that took place up in Northern Indiana this past winter. Maybe it wasn't the flu??

As soon as an antibody test is available in my area I will get it.  Because I woke up Jan. 11 this year feeling off, went to Bloomington for the day and was passed out in the truck by 2.  Got home went straight to bed and woke up with a 103 degree fever.  Persistent low grade fever, dry hacking cough, fatigue, headaches and body aches.  Took 3 weeks to finally start to feel normal.  Wife had the same thing when I was about 2 weeks in and took her about 3 weeks to recover.  Don't know what it was but never have experienced anything like it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So sorry to hear this, Scott! Wishing you the best in finding a new job and hope you're feeling better! What a crappy time in our world. This will pass though, I know I'm doing my best to be positive and forward looking. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

So sorry to hear this, Scott! Wishing you the best in finding a new job and hope you're feeling better! What a crappy time in our world. This will pass though, I know I'm doing my best to be positive and forward looking. 

All because of a medically induced shutdown of the economy.....  sad

Hang in there Scott

• Like 1