Coronavirus

Reacher

Not specifically topical, but with Covid-19 seemingly having a hand in everything that goes on in the world these days, I thought I would raise my concern here.

There are certain posters that I expect to see on the board, and when you don't see them in a while, you become concerned. We all seem to go through that when we don't hear from HTD at least once every couple of weeks

Another one is @Zlinedavid, who has not been on the board since February.  But, he had an extended absence (for 2-3 years I believe) in the past, so there is some history there.

My current concern is with @ricowho has not been on since Wednesday morning.  Now, on the surface, two days does not see like enough time to worry.  But, other than a year or so ago when he had his scary medical episode, I don't ever recall a time when Rico has been away from the board for that long of a time.  Considering what is going on in the world, I think it's fairly easy to dismiss this as simply a 'being on vacation' type of thing.

Am I premature to worry about this?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not specifically topical, but with Covid-19 seemingly having a hand in everything that goes on in the world these days, I thought I would raise my concern here.

There are certain posters that I expect to see on the board, and when you don't see them in a while, you become concerned. We all seem to go through that when we don't hear from HTD at least once every couple of weeks

Another one is @Zlinedavid, who has not been on the board since February.  But, he had an extended absence (for 2-3 years I believe) in the past, so there is some history there.

My current concern is with @ricowho has not been on since Wednesday morning.  Now, on the surface, two days does not see like enough time to worry.  But, other than a year or so ago when he had his scary medical episode, I don't ever recall a time when Rico has been away from the board for that long of a time.  Considering what is going on in the world, I think it's fairly easy to dismiss this as simply a 'being on vacation' type of thing.

I t may be ralated to the fact that Essenhaus Restraunt in Middlebury opened up. He might be in a pie-induced coma right now. 😁

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Whenever I see people gone for a few days I assume I just missed something and somebody got a timeout. Haha. To your point though when a few days go by during these times it's always concerning especially when it's an active poster.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Whenever I see people gone for a few days I assume I just missed something and somebody got a timeout. Haha. To your point though when a few days go by during these times it's always concerning especially when it's an active poster.

Rico isn't the type of poster that would normally be getting a time out from the Mods and the numbers say he is the most prolific poster on the board.  I hope I'm overreacting, but if he does not post in the next couple of days, I'm going to be really worried. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Rico isn't the type of poster that would normally be getting a time out from the Mods and the numbers say he is the most prolific poster on the board.  I hope I'm overreacting, but if he does not post in the next couple of days, I'm going to be really worried. 

The weather is nice.  I hope he's just out fishing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Before any of this started, I always used to wonder what happened when people would abruptly disappear, like maybe they died or went to prison. 

I've always wondered what became of kylehornsbyrules. Probably doing 7-10 for something or other. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Before any of this started, I always used to wonder what happened when people would abruptly disappear, like maybe they died or went to prison. 

I've always wondered what became of kylehornsbyrules. Probably doing 7-10 for something or other. 

I occasionally look back at old threads and when doing that I see names I have not seen in a while.  I look at their profile and most of the time it shows they are still active, but some of the time it's like 'Wow, he hasn't posted since 2017'.  

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I occasionally look back at old threads and when doing that I see names I have not seen in a while.  I look at their profile and most of the time it shows they are still active, but some of the time it's like 'Wow, he hasn't posted since 2017'.  

It's an interesting point. Types of posters,etc.....when I scan the board (unless it's recruiting related to some I trust) I actually never look at who posts it. I just read and agree or disagree and move along. I guess over time you get a sense where some posters are coming from but I rarely look at poster when reading. Funny times.

PS....numbers in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, and Oklahoma are still trending the positive direction. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's an interesting point. Types of posters,etc.....when I scan the board (unless it's recruiting related to some I trust) I actually never look at who posts it. I just read and agree or disagree and move along. I guess over time you get a sense where some posters are coming from but I rarely look at poster when reading. Funny times.

PS....numbers in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, and Oklahoma are still trending the positive direction. 

I pay much more attention to who the poster is when reading the Animal House threads.  Not sure why, but I do.  

• Like 1

So, with everything going on I haven't seen much about theme parks until a few days ago when I looked up info for Holiday World.  I usually go to the waterpark once a year.  Probably won't go this year, and not because of some goofy reason, I just don't think I will look good in swim trunks in time. 

It got me wondering though, with reduced crowds how many will be able to stay in business with the loss of revenue.  And a big thing for me is, they are digitizing queue's, so you make a reservation and are notified when it is your turn.  This could be good for me because the wife won't ride the water coasters and I have to go through the single rider lane and ride with random people, but maybe now I can get my own tube.

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So, with everything going on I haven't seen much about theme parks until a few days ago when I looked up info for Holiday World.  I usually go to the waterpark once a year.  Probably won't go this year, and not because of some goofy reason, I just don't think I will look good in swim trunks in time. 

It got me wondering though, with reduced crowds how many will be able to stay in business with the loss of revenue.  And a big thing for me is, they are digitizing queue's, so you make a reservation and are notified when it is your turn.  This could be good for me because the wife won't ride the water coasters and I have to go through the single rider lane and ride with random people, but maybe now I can get my own tube.

I'm not a fan of digitizing queues.  I like to tour theme parks in a logical order.  Don't  backtracking,  Digitizing queues seems like a recipe to having to keep backtracking for the more popular attractions.  

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not a fan of digitizing queues.  I like to tour theme parks in a logical order.  Don't  backtracking,  Digitizing queues seems like a recipe to having to keep backtracking for the more popular attractions.  

I have never been anywhere that does it so have not experienced it, but the only real benefit for me I can see would be possibly riding some stuff solo.  We prefer cooler weather so when we go it is in September and the crowds are small so I am not used to waiting in lines, that could get annoying quickly.  And with backtracking you could spend half your day just walking around.

I also wonder how they will tackle sanitation.  So, must surface area to manage between rides, handrails, and all the outdoor seating.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

At Disney World they have fast passes but you are limited to 3 per park.  This gives you a certain time to arrive and they have a separate line for fast pass riders.

Heard today Holiday World will be opening June 16th but the water park will open in July.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have been wondering for a good while now about @Zlinedavid. He went from multiple post one day to zilch since.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Thanks for the concern.  I am fine.  My absence was all farming related.

I thought maybe you'd stumbled on a righteous mushroom kingdom...

I always enjoyed @Zlinedavid posts too. Very funny and entertaining guy...hope he's ok... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

Let me guess. You were busy fixing all the stuff that broke before those rains came... 

You called it.  Field cultivator, 2 tractors, and a planter all went down.  If I wasn't welding something I was driving to pick up repair parts.

• Like 2