Coronavirus

Reacher

13 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Woo-Hooo..... Let's give it up for Indiana's Governor, Eric Holcomb! He has sped up Phase 3 by 2 days for the Memorial Day week-end. Malls, Gyms, and other retail outlets, as well as pools and campgrounds can re-open tomorrow, Friday (or Friyay!!!).

Man it's great to be a Hoosier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😁

I'm jealous. I'm stuck over the barbed wire in IL where up to a few days ago, those activities could be punished by a year in jail. That order was, fortunately, overturned. I expect IN businesses near the border of IL and MI to do quite well.

18 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Woo-Hooo..... Let's give it up for Indiana's Governor, Eric Holcomb! He has sped up Phase 3 by 2 days for the Memorial Day week-end. Malls, Gyms, and other retail outlets, as well as pools and campgrounds can re-open tomorrow, Friday (or Friyay!!!).

What A Country!

33 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Aren’t the pools in Evansville staying closed for the 2020 season though?

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

Aren’t the pools in Evansville staying closed for the 2020 season though?

Our main water park just outside of Denver, announced a couple of days ago, that they will not be opening up at all this year. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Our main water park just outside of Denver, announced a couple of days ago, that they will not be opening up at all this year. 

Not to make too much light of the situation but COVID-19 is not the only thing I worry about floating around in public pools.....

• Haha 1

My Dad taught me to swim by throwing me in a pool. I kicked and spouted and screamed but eventually I kept my head above the water. The man was a genius. LOL.

This is a true story, on a dare I swam into the middle of the Ohio River from the Evansville riverfront and touched a barge as it was passing by and swam back. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever done. I miss being young and stupid.

Edited by Officer Obie

52 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

My Dad taught me to swim by throwing me in a pool. I kicked and spouted and screamed but eventually I kept my head above the water. The man was a genius. LOL.

This is a true story, on a dare I swam into the middle of the Ohio River from the Evansville riverfront and touched a barge as it was passing by and swam back. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever done. I miss being young and stupid.

One of the dumbest??  🙄  My lord, got to think you're damn lucky!

Edited by jv1972iu

10 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I want to be respectful because of our active and great poster from NY on here....but this to me is one of the worst ever decisions made by an elected official. There were hotels set aside for quarantine that sat empty. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I want to be respectful because of our active and great poster from NY on here....but this to me is one of the worst ever decisions made by an elected official. There were hotels set aside for quarantine that sat empty. 

Really, really bad decision from Cuomo, who also didn't do a good job handling the blame. But thankfully, he seems to have learned from this mistake and reversed the rule. The hotel thing has also been kind of a mess here in the city. We did house a lot of medical workers, but De Blasio hasn't done a very good job figuring out how to safely house patients and homeless in hotels.

4 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

The media has hailed him as some hero during this entire thing. There were talks that he should run for president! As I said several weeks ago, Cuomo has been really bad during this crisis. 

Haven't always agreed with Cuomo on many things, and this was a complete disaster of a decision. For the most part though, New Yorkers seem to agree that he's handling it well and projecting solid leadership. Certainly a lot more presidential and competent than our current WH occupant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Maybe we are or arent being tracked...ok🤔 but some Norwegian company using cell phone location data has been tracking our movements to grade social distancing.  Shout out to Martin county(my county) for grading a B-. I've been a willing participant.

Indiana failing at social distancing

Ps.  Dont like the term social distancing.  Physical distancing sounds better to me. 

Also got tested today, soon to be a coronavirus statistic. Been lethargic and have had a terrible headache and just feel weak but no fever.  Took yesterday and today off.   Work gave me some time off and asked I get tested. 

One last thing, the testing location I went to didnt go in deep and pound your brain like I was afraid of. Just tickled a bit. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Maybe we are or arent being tracked...ok🤔 but some Norwegian company using cell phone location data has been tracking our movements to grade social distancing.  Shout out to Martin county(my county) for grading a B-. I've been a willing participant.

Ps.  Dont like the term social distancing.  Physical distancing sounds better to me. 

Also got tested today, soon to be a coronavirus statistic. Been lethargic and have had a terrible headache and just feel weak but no fever.  Took yesterday and today off.   Work gave me some time off and asked I get tested. 

One last thing, the testing location I went to didnt go in deep and pound your brain like I was afraid of. Just tickled a bit. 

Hope it’s just a little bug and not thee bug. When do you get results?

hang in there Flynn. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Patrick Ewing has tested positive.

Saw that, and he’s the coach at Georgetown — 

we’re not out of the woods on this yet by any means, kind of surprising people are trying to think otherwise.

I’m for a gradual phase back into more normal life but people should be wearing masks and practicing social distancing, amazes me how stupid people are generally. Going out in groups to dinner again etc no masks. Just stupid. 

• Like 2

The mile family now has a box of surgical masks some random lady gave to Mrs. mile one day as Mrs. mile was leaving the grocery store. We all have wonderful cloth masks that cover the mouth and nose, that a friend of Mrs mile made for us, after Mrs. mile donated her a ton of cloth that had been stored in the basement for years.

And then this week the Darth Vadar masks arrived :

Respirator NASUM Dust Mask Half Mask 

I made my first away from home trip in months to our local Honda dealer, this week.

12 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Hopefully things will work out for you and those around you. Be safe!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The Indianapolis and Denver Morton's Steakhouses close permanently due to the pandemic.

Morton's steakhouse closing permanently in Denver and Indianapolis during coronavirus outbreak

I can't speak for the Denver steak scene but downtown Indy has about 10 places I'd for a steak besides Morton's....and that's just downtown. Tough times obviously for many but that place (at least here locally) lost their magic years ago. 

16 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I see some potential flaws in this study.

First off, there are 4 cell phones in my house.  Me, the wife, and the two teenagers.  Are we getting penalized for not social distancing because we are all in the same location.  Meanwhile, an extended family of 15 living together somewhere in the world with only one cell phone in the group probably appears to be social distancing.  Big potential flaw in this study in my opinion.

Also, I walk the neighborhood for about an hour each night.  Take my cell of course.  Just because I'm walking by a neighbor's house does not mean I'm stopping in for a visit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't speak for the Denver steak scene but downtown Indy has about 10 places I'd for a steak besides Morton's....and that's just downtown. Tough times obviously for many but that place (at least here locally) lost their magic years ago. 

Can't disagree with you about Morton's.  It's been years since I have been there.  I posted what I did, to show how the pandemic is affecting businesses both big and small.

Always wanted to try St. Elmo's.  Not sure if I will ever be able to, now.

Fortunately my two favorite Denver steakhouses don't look as if they are closing for good :

Bastiens Restaurant | Home of the Sugar Steak

TheSteakHouse10

• Like 1