Coronavirus

Reacher

13 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

This is the kind of "jounalism" that makes people do stupid stuff. 

Either you beleive the nonsense and go full blown panic extremes. Or you recognize they are playing to our fears and say to hell with it, its all hype. Then stop using common sense. This junk journalism is dangerous on all sides.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/america-track-million-coronavirus-cases-112633549.html

Screenshot_20200716-175642_Chrome.jpg

This type of sensationalism is so counterproductive. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

We can't open schools why? 

I think it’s more so for the teachers and other employees but I totally agree. I know I always seem to be the cautious one on here, but I think it’s a little ridiculous that we are looking at this on a national or even state level. If cases are high in a particular area then by all means temporarily close schools until the case count is lower. Every district will be different. 

And not only are children less likely to get COVID and develop severe symptoms, more and more studies Acknowledged by the CDC are finding they are less likely to transmit it. I listen a lot to Donald McNeil, who’s pretty doom and gloom (but very often right), and he even says that teachers in school need to take precautions around other teachers, not necessarily the kids.   

I have some teacher friends who I very much respect that are weary about going back and I completely get that. I want to remind them that everybody, in every profession is dealing with this too and their jobs are more challenging as a result. Teachers aren’t being singled out. They may feel that they are being treated unfairly or have limited say in the decision, but so are people in other professions. It’s not necessarily right; it’s just the reality of our situation right now. Schools are a vital cog in our way life and when school starts teachers need to be as high up on that pedestal of appreciation as nurses, doctors and other first responders.  

• Like 1

Watching a rerun today of Rachel Ray. She had people on suggesting foods to combat covid.   Rico should like this one :  Mushrooms.  Any type. Including the stem.

Some other suggestions  I found on the net :

Boost Immunity with Food | UC Health | COVID-19 Support

Stay safe Hoosier Sports Nation.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Watching a rerun today of Rachel Ray. She had people on suggesting foods to combat covid.   Rico should like this one :  Mushrooms.  Any type. Including the stem.

Some other suggestions  I found on the net :

Boost Immunity with Food | UC Health | COVID-19 Support

Stay safe Hoosier Sports Nation.

Well that settles it.  It is going to be fun tonight.

tumblr_moh760q4SI1qh5w8jo1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well that settles it.  It is going to be fun tonight.

tumblr_moh760q4SI1qh5w8jo1_500.gif

That what I thought of when I read Mile's post...

Rachel whacked out on shrooms whipping up something out of that high falootin dog food she's always hawking...

Edited by IUFLA

My Friday Corona world with 2 updates.

1) Aluminum shortage is very real. Just spoke with a guy at store and he said if you like Coors Light,etc.....stock up. No aluminum. No aluminum cans. 

2) Fastest growing new gig in the gig economy is finding a substitute teacher to handle 6-7 kids from same hood at someone's home this fall for elearning. Friends found one and they are going to convert their garage (both AC and Heat) into a school. Getting all of the supplies and paying this sub off the books. She's going to teach while parents can work. Win/win.

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

1) Aluminum shortage is very real. Just spoke with a guy at store and he said if you like Coors Light,etc.....stock up. No aluminum. No aluminum cans. 

2) Fastest growing new gig in the gig economy is finding a substitute teacher to handle 6-7 kids from same hood at someone's home this fall for elearning. Friends found one and they are going to convert their garage (both AC and Heat) into a school. Getting all of the supplies and paying this sub off the books. She's going to teach while parents can work. Win/win.

Re: #1 - Noooooooooooo!!! I've just got back to where I prefer beer in cans over bottles in the last few years.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Re: #1 - Noooooooooooo!!! I've just got back to where I prefer beer in cans over bottles in the last few years.

Going to show my beer snob colors here....

60-80% of our taste comes through our sense of smell. Bottles are the absolute worst, cans are better, poured into a glass is the best because you can get your nose all up in it and inhale the aroma.

For some reason I’m getting thirsty now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Checked the internet.  Aluminum shortage is a very real deal. Who would ever have thought ?   Not just for beer cans.  18 plants being constructing to help the shortage. But they won't be on line for months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Checked the internet.  Aluminum shortage is a very real deal. Who would ever have thought ?   Not just for beer cans.  18 plants being constructing to help the shortage. But they won't be on line for months.

That's why Pepsi and Coke had to discontinue months ago some of their specialty drinks. Not enough to go around. Pop is one thing. They start interrupting beer it's a different thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

My son works at a beer distributorship....he let me know of the shortage this past Sunday.  Bummer.