Coronavirus

Reacher

1 minute ago, rico said:

Yes he actually does....putting that IU degree to good use.

I meant it as a point of emphasis.  Hope this does not impact his ability to work.  >>>> Then again... I guess there are always glass bottles.   Never knew you had a son. And better yet.  An IU grad.  Color me impressed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I meant it as a point of emphasis.  Hope this does not impact his ability to work.  >>>> Then again... I guess there are always glass bottles.   Never knew you had a son. And better yet.  An IU grad.  Color me impressed.

He said it won't affect him at all.  And I am pretty sure I have talked about my son before, you must have been making wine.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Contact your state representative or Congressperson.  Trust me.  Not trying to make a political statement - an elected representative of either party makes this stuff move more quickly.

Yep, it speeds it up very quickly.

3 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Contact your state representative or Congressperson.  Trust me.  Not trying to make a political statement - an elected representative of either party makes this stuff move more quickly.

True. And fact. Once had a State Representative,  stop by my house every year. We would sit on my front porch.  And talk. I expressed by concerns.  And he would either tell me why they could not be done.... or that he would bring them up... next time he could.

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Going to show my beer snob colors here....

60-80% of our taste comes through our sense of smell. Bottles are the absolute worst, cans are better, poured into a glass is the best because you can get your nose all up in it and inhale the aroma.

For some reason I’m getting thirsty now. 

Yep, I'm a pour into glass person if can. The smell is important.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Mine is all screwed up. No one answers the phone nor emails.

How long would a business stay open with that type of service. You can never get a person's name, they use faxes instead of email,  it is a giant black hole. 

57 minutes ago, Reacher said:

How long would a business stay open with that type of service. You can never get a person's name, they use faxes instead of email,  it is a giant black hole. 

Government is a suckhole of inefficiency on all levels.  If it was a business it wouldn't last a pay period. 

• Like 1

I honestly do not care about the number of cases. It's a useless metric. Hospitalizations and deaths are more useful.

And I also dont understand why people dismiss the idea there are likely millions of positive people that never got tested. Even the CDC says so. If hospitals are getting overwhelmed then where are the field hospitals like we had in March?  There is a bit of an uptick it deaths but it's mostly leveled off. 

This graph, one is not like the others.  Seems fishy to me.

5a101a70ddd66893f6d756a1abbd8936.jpg

• Like 1

I've not been paying that much attention to the death rate, but it is rising in many states.

And we are seeing some lengthy hospitalizations in our three hospitals, with what looks to be some long-standing health issues. One of our faculty is staring to look at how long it's taking people to regain function after hospitalization. Seeing a lot of really long recoveries.

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 11.23.34 AM.png

• Like 1