Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

How can they possibly enforce that?

I don't think they can. I mean, if you are flying in they could take all your information at the airport. Then maybe spot checks to make sure people are staying in?

Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

But I'm not sure how they can stop us as exit off the NJ Turnpike.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My better half has been doing zoom calls for weeks/months. Nothing short of comedy hour with people and phone problems. Judges getting pissed because of the new systems,etc....

Can't imagine a federal courtroom right now. 

Yeah I’ve had zoom hearings, they’re weird enough, just try admitting exhibits, but the live fed ct hearing with everyone in masks was genuinely surreal 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah I’ve had zoom hearings, they’re weird enough, just try admitting exhibits, but the live fed ct hearing with everyone in masks was genuinely surreal 

That's the thing. She prefers live for a variety of reasons. Running out of continuances at this point. Had one Hendricks County judge last week say if you guys can't figure out your phones.....don't bring it to the court. Little did he know his technology was causing the delay. Total chaos right now. Good luck with things!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Stay safe down there. Apparently federal courthouses are now targets. They tried to burn down the one in Portland. 

26 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Stay safe down there. Apparently federal courthouses are now targets. They tried to burn down the one in Portland. 

I think that’s a sensationalist statement (who comprises “they” and what leads to your determination that there are “targets”?), and particular context of the Portland situation does not exist at other federal courthouses. 

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I can't imagine why.  He already gets paid 3 times what the other mods do.  Pictures of Crester, from what I understand.

I have heard rumors of Crester involved in some pretty "revealing" Crisco naked Twister games.  But I thought Kev took the pictures.  So they apparently fell into Blue's greedy paws?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hydroxychloroquine-could-save-lives-ingraham-yale-professor.amp

Yale Dr says it can save 100,000 lives. MI studies prove effectiveness.

We have had an active study on it as prophylaxis in our department, one of my research assistants is working on it part time. Too early to tell obviously.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Funny, yesterday we were talking about a vaccine and The Daily had a podcast about this yesterday as well. A good listen if you have the time. The guest being interviewed does bring up the concerns about vaccines, but she really doesn't get into answering why we don't need to be concerned about side effects in relation to accelerating the development, which is what I really wanted to hear about. She did say 75% would need to take the vaccine for it to become effective, but polls say 50% of the population have reservations about getting it.

......So that's a circle we gotta square.

Also, separate thought.....we obviously can't get everybody on the same page in regards to mask-wearing which is relatively a simple request (it only being a piece of fabric you put in front of your face).  What is going to happen when a vaccine is made available? That exact same message used to encourage mask-wearing ("it's for the greater good") will be the same for vaccination. If people don't want a piece of cloth over their face in the name of liberty, they definitely won't want an injection in their arm. 

IFR Study July 14, 2020

Across 32 different locations, the median infection fatality rate was 0.27% (corrected 0.24%). Most studies were done in pandemic epicenters with high death tolls. Median corrected IFR was 0.10% in locations with COVID-19 population mortality rate less than the global average (<73 deaths per million as of July 12, 2020), 0.27% in locations with 73-500 COVID-19 deaths per million, and 0.90% in locations exceeding 500 COVID-19 deaths per million.

If you open the pdf and scroll to the bottom the data is in table form.