Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

That must be a regional thing because when I tested (negative), it was same day and I had the results in 48 hours. My wife went to the Dr yesterday (I took her) and there was a line under the drop off overhang where they were conducting drive through tests with a 24 hour result...

Certainly a factor I would say. Told my wife I should have driven to Illinois to get tested. My father in law got tested since I did and already has his results back. Came back negative which I am relieved about. 

We had to visit a few weeks ago.  

If I have it my guess would be from one of the two dozen contractors I have had to argue with wearing a mask at work. 

Lot of HCQ info in here- 

Basically saying lot of positives for HCQ and negative studies are flawed. Just no definitive RCT yet. Country data shows HCQ is effective. Includes links to the underlying research. Why are shutting down speech on this topic?

8 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Lot of HCQ info in here- 

Basically saying lot of positives for HCQ and negative studies are flawed. Just no definitive RCT yet. Country data shows HCQ is effective. Includes links to the underlying research. Why are shutting down speech on this topic?

Maybe

images.jpeg

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Lot of HCQ info in here- 

I guess if the Ayatollah Khomeini would have posted the video, it could have stayed up...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Inequality said:

There is a lot of nonsense out there in the world of the internet. The content/information that is immediately removed poses a threat. No?

The point he was making is that Google /Twitter will censor HCQ, our media and politicians, but NOT murderous dictators. Many threats are allowed to stay up for extended periods- when those are the ones that should be removed. 

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's a very good question and something that needs investigated.

Well it’s also not accurate. If the confirmed cases Bangladesh has about a 2.5% mortality in resolved cases. 

9 hours ago, Reacher said:

Lot of HCQ info in here- 

Wow that’s like terrible data analysis and without even an in depth fact check you know that it’s not being honest because it has France in the no HCQ category. That it’s reliant on the case count by confirmed test which several countries have admitted they couldn’t get testing capacity up and running. 

But yes dude on Twitter not the dozens of PhDs that have looked at the topic 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well it’s also not accurate. If the confirmed cases Bangladesh has about a 2.5% mortality.

Confirmed cases is a meaningless metric.  We are 7+ months into this thing and have been told how so contagious it is. The actual number of cases is likely 10 times higher or more. 

IFR study.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well it’s also not accurate. If the confirmed cases Bangladesh has about a 2.5% mortality in resolved cases. 

I don't make shit up.  Bangladesh has a population of over 164 million, which is roughly 50% that of the U.S.

As of today, Bangladesh has approximately 235,000 cases, which is SIGNIFICANTLY less than 50% of the U.S. 4.6 million

As of today, Bangladesh has reported 3,083 total deaths, which is SIGNIFICANTLY less than the U.S. 155,285

Mortality rate is a terrible metrics when the discrepancy in cases is so large.  That's like sating 1 out of 2 people dying is worse than 49,999 out of 100,000.

Dr. Fauci needs to explain to the U.S. population why a country like Bangladesh, with not nearly the resources of the U.S., and on teh surface, a society that would be harder to social distance, has so fewer cases than us.

That is information we need to know.

• Like 1

Staying on the Bangladesh theme.  If the rest of the world was impacted by the virus to the degree the U.S. has been, we would have a humanitarian crisis of biblical proportions in countries like Bangladesh.  And, so far, that has not happened.  Why?  

For all we know, maybe 90% of people in Bangladesh have the virus, and we just don't know due to lack of testing.  If that's the case, then why aren't they dying at a catastrophic level.

Or, maybe the 235,000 cases reported in Bangladesh is fairly accurate.  Then, in that case, why is their infection rate so much lower than ours?  Sheer number of people per square mile would indicate that people in Bangladesh have built-in challenges for social distancing, which is supposed to be one of the major options to fight the virus.

It's certainly worth the time investigating what could be the cause.  Could it be genetics, environmental, or dietary?  Maybe they planted their mystery seeds China sent them,   Whatever the reason, someone needs to look into it.  We need to stop the finger pointing, continue striving towards a vaccine, but also take a common sense approach to this.  Common sense says that Bangladesh has something we don't.  Figure out what that is.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Sorry. I know. Was just being sarcastic.  

You're good, man. I thought this thread was getting a little weird with the HCQ conspiracy posts and censorship stuff and then I saw your post.

If you guys are feeling like a trip to NYC, it's apparently a thing now for food tourists. I have to admit, the city is amazing without all of the people. And the group from MI seems like they had a good time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/nyregion/coronavirus-nyc-tourism-restaurants.html?action=click&module=Editors Picks&pgtype=Homepage