Coronavirus

Reacher

Before someone claims foul at the source, I want to point out that I've linked more articles from CNN about Corona than I have from Fox News.

The gist of the story is that a Chinese virologist claims that the Chinese government intentionally released the virus.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chinese-virologist-government-intentionally-coronavirus

Everyone is free to form their own opinion.  But, in the spirit of fairness, let's not try to censor this angle of the story.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Before someone claims foul at the source, I want to point out that I've linked more articles from CNN about Corona than I have from Fox News.

The gist of the story is that a Chinese virologist claims that the Chinese government intentionally released the virus.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chinese-virologist-government-intentionally-coronavirus

Everyone is free to form their own opinion.  But, in the spirit of fairness, let's not try to censor this angle of the story.

If the PG bashing has not brought them out this just might. 😉

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There have been many other reports along these lines over the months. Here is one from Australia- https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/21/australian-researchers-see-virus-design-manipulati/

I don't presume to know if it was lab manipulated or not. I have seen a lot pointing to the fact it was so I cannot rule out that angle.  I agree we need to keep an open mind and see where the evidence leads. The stories that say unequivocally it was not manipulated make me wonder- How can they be so certain?

Totally agree that we need to look more at the substance than the source. That goes for articles as well people.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, mrflynn03 said:

I dont care if this sounds crazy but..the chinese are heavily invested in US real estate, are investing and buying up tech companies that control social media to spread anti US propaganda, and have a monopoly on pharmaceuticals.  They are a big player in the opioid epidemic and the importation of fentanyl.  This coronavirus scare is manufactured by the Chinese because they are pissed off about tariffs and trade deals.  

We are at war with China. A non traditional war. Its economic and cyber warfare. 

Said this on March 1st.

Hope to see more evidence.  She has already been twitter banned.

China wants to be #1 and they will hurt themselves if it helps them achieve their goal. 

Edited by mrflynn03

11 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Don't think this mayor will be around too long.

"We raised taxes 34 percent and put hundreds literally thousands of people out of work that are now worried about losing their homes, their apartments...and we did it on bogus data. That should be illegal," Glover said.

An IU doctor is doing a Reddit AMA about his recent NYT column on COVID - just started at noon, but already has a ton of posts.

For non-Redditors, an AMA is a regular feature by people (usually famous/semi-famous, or experts) called "Ask Me Anything." And you guessed it, people ask them questions related to the subject.

Should be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

An IU doctor is doing a Reddit AMA about his recent NYT column on COVID - just started at noon, but already has a ton of posts.

For non-Redditors, an AMA is a regular feature by people (usually famous/semi-famous, or experts) called "Ask Me Anything." And you guessed it, people ask them questions related to the subject.

Should be interesting.

Anything of particular interest for those of us unable to check in live?

51 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Anything of particular interest for those of us unable to check in live?

It's all archived in there. I was only able to keep up with the first hour and then had to get back to work. Mostly good questions from users about what he thinks are best practices to get out of this mess. Also thought it was interesting that he talked about his own behaviors.

Alzheimer's deaths up 20% during pandemic

"Increased isolation and stress during lockdown, lapses in nursing home care and missed Covid-19 diagnoses are all likely contributing factors to the unusually high dementia death toll, adding to the devastation the virus has brought to U.S. nursing homes."

One of the questions that have been posed on this forum is "why are deaths in the US up so much from previous years."

Well, here's one reason...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Alzheimer's deaths up 20% during pandemic

"Increased isolation and stress during lockdown, lapses in nursing home care and missed Covid-19 diagnoses are all likely contributing factors to the unusually high dementia death toll, adding to the devastation the virus has brought to U.S. nursing homes."

One of the questions that have been posed on this forum is "why are deaths in the US up so much from previous years."

Well, here's one reason...

Seeing this happen often. Memory care, psyche buildings/wings are overflowing....and admittances to behavioral health areas are up double if not more. 

I know money is always the decision maker but if you have the ability or resources for yourself or loved one's get home care if possible. People do not want to be going into these homes now if at all avoidable. 

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Seeing this happen often. Memory care, psyche buildings/wings are overflowing....and admittances to behavioral health areas are up double if not more. 

I know money is always the decision maker but if you have the ability or resources for yourself or loved one's get home care if possible. People do not want to be going into these homes now if at all avoidable. 

Another trend I have seen is LTC in a residential setting. Someone will convert a home to house 3-5 seniors with 1 full time caregiver. Makes a lot of sense in this climate. 

• Like 1