Coronavirus

Reacher

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Ivanka and Kushner negative as well.  But the NY Times just said that RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel is positive.  She hasn't been with the President in a week so I'm not sure what that means.

I have a feeling the contact tracing will be broad. Maybe she was with Hope Hicks; maybe she was with somebody who was around Hope Hicks. Public officials that high up aren't that far removed from each other as far as physical interaction goes. 

Or it could be a completely different cluster. 

I came across the policy for what state parks are doing for trick or treating this year. I'm all for taking precautions where necessary, but seriously, some of this stuff is hilariously over-protective. 

-Trick or treating limited to campers only, no one from the general public may attend (good luck with that one). 

-Anyone handing out treats must be masked

-All trick or treaters must be masked, even if they have a mask as part of their costume

-Candy must be handed to the trick or treaters instead of letting them choose from a bowl

-Everyone handing out treats must use hand sanitizer or disinfectant after handing out each piece of candy

-After children are finished, each wrapped candy must be wiped down with disinfectant and left for 24 hours before unwrapping it to eat

Just think, someone making pretty good money actually thinks all this is necessary. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I came across the policy for what state parks are doing for trick or treating this year. I'm all for taking precautions where necessary, but seriously, some of this stuff is hilariously over-protective. 

-Trick or treating limited to campers only, no one from the general public may attend (good luck with that one). 

-Anyone handing out treats must be masked

-All trick or treaters must be masked, even if they have a mask as part of their costume

-Candy must be handed to the trick or treaters instead of letting them choose from a bowl

-Everyone handing out treats must use hand sanitizer or disinfectant after handing out each piece of candy

-After children are finished, each wrapped candy must be wiped down with disinfectant and left for 24 hours before unwrapping it to eat

Just think, someone making pretty good money actually thinks all this is necessary. 

When I was a kid, we had similar instructions on how to check for razor blades and things like that.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

When I was a kid, we had similar instructions on how to check for razor blades and things like that.  

I remember that. Sick. Prior to that.... we had tons of kids coming to our door for Trick or Treating.  Seemed we never bought enough candy.  And had to start handing out money.... late in the evening. Honestly, the kids preferred the candy.

Since then.... less and less kids coming to our front door.   I told Mrs. mile that this year, I don't expect many kids coming due to the pandemic.  But buy bags of candy anyway.  Candy that we like.... to eat for a whole year, if we have to.   LOL

• Like 1

Couple friends in North Carolina tested positive. Both police officers in the same city. Nearly the entire Dept had caught it. Its origin was said to have been traced back to a part time dispatcher.

As for the friends, one has stage 4 lung and colon cancer. Has had a Colectomy. Doing treatments.

The other one, a gal and also in her 30s. Both out of quarantine and back to work. They said, if it weren’t for the Dept making them get tested, they wouldn’t have ever known they were positive for Rona because their symptoms were very mild with the worst being loss of taste.

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

There was two years in a row I remember growing up we had to take our candy to the Dr's office/hospital to have it ran through X ray machine before eating. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There was two years in a row I remember growing up we had to take our candy to the Dr's office/hospital to have it ran through X ray machine before eating. 

I read an article a few years ago that there was never even one reported case of that actually happening. One dad in a custody dispute poisoned his own kid and claimed it was a razor blade and that was the only newspaper article ever written in the US about it actually happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I read an article a few years ago that there was never even one reported case of that actually happening. One dad in a custody dispute poisoned his own kid and claimed it was a razor blade and that was the only newspaper article ever written in the US about it actually happening.

It was probably more related to where I grew up and the times. Fresh off the tylenol murders in 1982 all of Chicagoland (and assuming the country) was freaked out about that sort of potential....even in candy. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 11:33 AM, 5fouls said:

I always felt the razor blade in the apple story was more of an urban legend to teach us that not all people can be trusted. 

Sort of like the "don't touch that wild animal or its mother will reject it" myth. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 1

My wife started cutting my hair, at least what's left of it, this year because of covid. 

I used to color her hair, to save money but she doesn't know that, until she traded massages for hair stuff.

But tonight was the first time I tried a cut and style. She's only had her hair done twice this year and was getting impatient. I think I did a pretty good job but she still hasn't looked in the mirror to verify. Find out in the morning I guess. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife started cutting my hair, at least what's left of it, this year because of covid. 

I used to color her hair, to save money but she doesn't know that, until she traded massages for hair stuff.

But tonight was the first time I tried a cut and style. She's only had her hair done twice this year and was getting impatient. I think I did a pretty good job but she still hasn't looked in the mirror to verify. Find out in the morning I guess. 

Many prayers to you and your wife. I remember the first time she cut you hair. And the picture you posted on Hoosier Sports Nation.  Thought she did a good job.  My son has been cutting my hair for years now. Long before the pandemic. Because the barber I had gone to for years, spent less and less time cutting my hair. And the price kept going up. But when the shoulder massage stopped. Bought a trimmer for me and my son.  Saving me and him,  lots of money over the years..  Stay safe. This pandemic is not over yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Many prayers to you and your wife. I remember the first time she cut you hair. And the picture you posted on Hoosier Sports Nation.  Thought she did a good job.  My son has been cutting my hair for years now. Long before the pandemic. Because the barber I had gone to for years, spent less and less time cutting my hair. And the price kept going up. But when the shoulder massage stopped. Bought a trimmer for me and my son.  Saving me and him,  lots of money over the years..  Stay safe. This pandemic is not over yet.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Did your barber ever do a straight razor shave?  Until I went to college I had 1 barber. His name was Ron. He did 20 yrs in the Army as a barber.  

Went for a haircut one year when I was younger and had peach fuzz coming in. Ron asked if I wanted a shave. Sure. Why not. So got warm shaving cream on my face and a straight razor shave sharpened by a leather strop.  About as old school as it gets. 

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Got a professional trimmer and a set of clippers in the spring when Covid started. Funny, all I do is set the trimmer on no. 1, almost a buzz cut — and I used to pay people $20 to do that for me? Lol 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Got a professional trimmer and a set of clippers in the spring when Covid started. Funny, all I do is set the trimmer on no. 1, almost a buzz cut — and I used to pay people $20 to do that for me? Lol 

I still do no .1 on the sides and no. 2 on top and fade it but I'm kidding myself. it's time to just buzz it off and deal with it.  

Paying $20 is just a waste.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Did your barber ever do a straight razor shave?  Until I went to college I had 1 barber. His name was Ron. He did 20 yrs in the Army as a barber.  

Went for a haircut one year when I was younger and had peach fuzz coming in. Ron asked if I wanted a shave. Sure. Why not. So got warm shaving cream on my face and a straight razor shave sharpened by a leather strop.  About as old school as it gets. 

They did shaves. I never got one.  First barber for me in that shop was a lady barber. Jackie was her name.  And she was great.  When she left... I got the owner of the shop.  And as I said... the prices kept going up and up... til I quit going. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

They did shaves. I never got one.  First barber for me in that shop was a lady barber. Jackie was her name.  And she was great.  When she left... I got the owner of the shop.  And as I said... the prices kept going up and up... til I quit going. 

I knot this isn't a haircut thread, but since we are talking about them.... I got a great hair cut in Ireland a couple years ago. 😀

Ireland hair cut.JPG