Coronavirus

Reacher

On 10/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, milehiiu said:

Mrs. mile delivered food to the homeless women's shelter in Denver today.... as she has been doing for years. And then received a text that the person she handed the food off to.... was tested positive for Covid after Mrs. mile left the shelter.

Prayers for Miles and Mrs Miles

On 10/17/2020 at 6:48 PM, milehiiu said:

Mrs. mile delivered food to the homeless women's shelter in Denver today.... as she has been doing for years. And then received a text that the person she handed the food off to.... was tested positive for Covid after Mrs. mile left the shelter.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your Misses, @milehiiu

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Article describes how lifting a mask mandate has resulted in the Czech republic going from being one of the most successful countries in fighting the virus to one that is experiencing a significant spike 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/europe/czech-republic-coronavirus-intl/index.html

What is your take on wearing a mask?

43 minutes ago, rico said:

What is your take on wearing a mask?

Until a vaccine arrives, I think they should be worn in all public indoor places, and at outdoor events where social distancing is not possible.  

And, while we are on the subject, it frustrates me when people wear them wrong.  I was at the grocery yesterday and saw 3-4 people that had the mask covering their mouth, but not their nose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Article describes how lifting a mask mandate has resulted in the Czech republic going from being one of the most successful countries in fighting the virus to one that is experiencing a significant spike 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/europe/czech-republic-coronavirus-intl/index.html

Medical masks were in short supply at the time, which was one of the reasons why the WHO didn't recommend their use.

The CDC did this too. On one hand, you saw how people freaked out about toilet paper who would inevitably create a severe shortage of masks when health professionals needed them more (at the time). On the other hand this "white lie" or "white-misleading" created confusion and a lack of trust, which still haunts us today. 

In retrospect, I think that was a bad decision.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ And yet, some people are still fighting the idea or rule of mask wearing. Amazes me.

Have now twice in the past couple of weeks watch someone deliberately walk into grocery stores (mask wearing mandatory) without a mask. I tend to think these are people looking for a confrontation. 

No shoes...no shirt...no mask...NO SERVICE.

• Like 1

Again I know this could never happen here in the United States but the best thing that could have happened is to totally close everything for 4 weeks.  To me what hurts us here is the pride or shelfishness of to many people in this country.  They would rather say you can't tell me what to do instead of trying to do what is best for everyone.  I just don't understand why some are so set against wearing a mask to where they are so confrontational about wearing them.

I don't mind wearing a mask really.  15 -20 minutes in and out of a store, no biggie...  but the reality is if its on your mask, its all over your face,hair,shirt.  Masks do little to nothing to protect the wearer. 

I do understand its more to protect you from me, as opposed to the other way around. As long as we are keeping our distance... 

Stole this from a Twitter post. Thought it was comical.

SPEAKING OF WEARING MASKS
LOGICAL FRIEND AT RESTAURANT:
Hostess: ok, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.
Logical friend: what happens when I get to the table?
Hostess: you can take off the mask.
Logical friend: then it is safe over there?
Hostess: yes.
Logical friend: are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?
Hostess: no words. Confused look.
LOGICAL FRIEND AT GROCERY STORE:
Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
Cashier: to protect people from Covid.
Logical friend: but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?
Cashier: no words. Confused look.
LOGICAL FRIEND AT DRIVE-THRU
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for logical friend to grab)
Logical friend: why is my bag of food on a tray?
Server: so I don’t touch your food because of Covid.
Logical friend: didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray?
Server: no words. Confused look.
It's me, I'm that logical friend! 📷
Copied & pasted  📷

Also...who was the camera man at the moon landing? Wasn't he technically the first man on the moon?

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ And yet, some people are still fighting the idea or rule of mask wearing. Amazes me.

Have now twice in the past couple of weeks watch someone deliberately walk into grocery stores (mask wearing mandatory) without a mask. I tend to think these are people looking for a confrontation. 

Small towns, like the one I live in, are full of religious radicals who think wearing a mask violates the Ninth Commandment. They also feel it's the government's way of trying to control them. 

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Small towns, like the one I live in, are full of religious radicals who think wearing a mask violates the Ninth Commandment. They also feel it's the government's way of trying to control them. 

I'm not sure religion has anything to do with it.  The people I know that are against mask wearing have never set foot in a church in their entire life.

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Last I say on this because I don't want to cross over into something that breaks the board rules.

You are providing one example.  Sure, there are religious people that refuse to wear a mask.  But, there are people of all beliefs, race, age, sex, etc. that refuse as well.  

Many teens and college age adults ignore the mask rules.  My daughter got quarantined from school earlier this year because she sat next to a kid in class that was positive.  This is high school.  The kid would not wear her mask in the classroom because it's only required in common areas and not the classroom.   I've seen high school sports fans that take their masks off the second they get through the gate even though the rule is you are supposed to keep it on the entire game,  I saw a guy in the grocery the other night with his wife and kid.  The guy was not wearing a mask and neither was the kid (who I would put at 7 or 8).  Heck, I've got a 90 year old uncle who only ends up in a church for funerals who won't wear a mask.

Yes, the BBQ owner may be religious.  But, it's unfair to paint a large brush against religion in regards to mask wearing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

2020-10-19-covid-positive-rate-map-fallback.png

I'm sure it's been discussed on here before but I find it funny all the states surrounding Illinois have higher positivity rates. Now the machine up there will say it's because they've been locked down....but what's really been happening is everyone in the state (and specifically Chicagoland) has been going to these other states for months.

No way to prove with data other than just I know my 2 dozen or so family and friends have routinely been leaving Chicagoland for those 3 states all summer/fall long.