Coronavirus

Reacher

Story claims woman died on plane in July.  Just now getting counted as a Covid death.  Call me skeptical.  The woman may have had Covid.  But, she died of something else (heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, etc.), A person well enough to get on a plane does not die of Covid 30 ,minutes later.

And, it goes without saying the validity of any death reported 3 months later than it happened has to be called into question.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/us/woman-dies-of-covid-on-plane-trnd/index.html

• Like 1

My wife heard from her co-worker whose wife is a nurse at a hospital in South Bend. The hospital is getting very full with COVID patients and the may have to cancel elective surgeries to make room. 

Hoping that we don’t get to that point, but I’m not liking how all these numbers are trending in the Midwest. 

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure it's been discussed on here before but I find it funny all the states surrounding Illinois have higher positivity rates. Now the machine up there will say it's because they've been locked down....but what's really been happening is everyone in the state (and specifically Chicagoland) has been going to these other states for months.

No way to prove with data other than just I know my 2 dozen or so family and friends have routinely been leaving Chicagoland for those 3 states all summer/fall long. 

I have as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

As of Friday, indoor dining will be suspended in 4 suburban Chicagoland counties representing 1/6th the states population. With the weather getting colder, this will be a big blow to many restaurants. Make your reservations now for NWI dining.

Denver Restaurants Get Creative With Winterized Outdoor Dining | Westword

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

My wife heard from her co-worker whose wife is a nurse at a hospital in South Bend. The hospital is getting very full with COVID patients and the may have to cancel elective surgeries to make room. 

Hoping that we don’t get to that point, but I’m not liking how all these numbers are trending in the Midwest. 

According to the Indiana Department of Health website, Covid related hospitalizations as of today are at their highest total since May 5th.  

FL overreported deaths? See the report from the FL House of Reps embedded here- https://www.andrewbostom.org/2020/10/covid-19-death-distortion-in-florida-over-40-of-states-covid-19-deaths-may-not-merit-that-classification/

More than likely happening in other states as well.

+

The hidden costs of lockdowns- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8856959/Lockdowns-lethal-toll-NHS-vulnerable-patients-laid-bare.html  Tens of thousands of people have already died from the effects associated with the lockdown- not the virus.. Many more will.  Clearly not the answer.

16 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just wonder how long they can stay in business.  COVID plus there doesn't seem to be anything good to see. James Bond was delayed once again until next year.

I have a client that owns a movie theater that's making a big investment in their signage because they feel that once it comes back they will be full sll the time.

I was hoping to see the new Halloween movie but will have to wait to see Michael Meyers til next year. Hopefully 

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have a client that owns a movie theater that's making a big investment in their signage because they feel that once it comes back they will be full sll the time.

I was hoping to see the new Halloween movie but will have to wait to see Michael Meyers til next year. Hopefully 

Since I am at home all day right now I have seen plenty of Micheal Myers the last couple of weeks.  For me I still like the first and second if the original series but the rest the quality is not as good.  Right now Halloween 4 is on but it is not like the first one.  I don't know why they don't show the second one but they show everyone other one.  I did like the new one from a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Since I am at home all day right now I have seen plenty of Micheal Myers the last couple of weeks.  For me I still like the first and second if the original series but the rest the quality is not as good.  Right now Halloween 4 is on but it is not like the first one.  I don't know why they don't show the second one but they show everyone other one.  I did like the new one from a couple of years ago.

I have watched 1 3 and 4 the last few days and all the insidious and sinister movies