Coronavirus

Reacher

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where California is still not going to open up amusement parks.

And Disney is very upset about that.... as Disney has opened up every one of their parks, world wide.  Yet can't get California to open up Disney Land for them.

Covid seems impossible to escape.  I'm burnt out and no matter how hard I try to avoid it I cant.  I've tuned it out best I can.  A couple tv shows I watch are coming back soon but with pandemic storylines. Ugh. As silly as it may be I've been watching alot of Food Network but every dang commercial has a covid reference of some sort. 

2020 is a grindstone and I'm mentally exhausted.  I've been avoiding this thread but didnt know where else to post my thoughts. 

My attendance at work this year isnt great. I talked to my manager about it. I dont feel depressed and there are no problems at home but I just dont feel like my normal self. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Covid seems impossible to escape.  I'm burnt out and no matter how hard I try to avoid it I cant.  I've tuned it out best I can.  A couple tv shows I watch are coming back soon but with pandemic storylines. Ugh. As silly as it may be I've been watching alot of Food Network but every dang commercial has a covid reference of some sort. 

2020 is a grindstone and I'm mentally exhausted.  I've been avoiding this thread but didnt know where else to post my thoughts. 

My attendance at work this year isnt great. I talked to my manager about it. I dont feel depressed and there are no problems at home but I just dont feel like my normal self. 

You’re not alone with those feelings. COIVD exhaustion is real. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

11 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

You’re not alone with those feelings. COIVD exhaustion is real. 

Dang, we may have to add covid exhaustion syndrome to our check list of possibilities.  

Maybe we need to spark up a health, wellness, nutrition, and exercise thread.  Thinking of starting with a sugar fast.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dang, we may have to add covid exhaustion syndrome to our check list of possibilities.  

Maybe we need to spark up a health, wellness, nutrition, and exercise thread.  Thinking of starting with a sugar fast.  

Haha. *Mental* exhaustion. Been doing all of the above. Physically I’m in the best shape since my 20s. Me and @mrflynn03were actually PMing the other day about nutrition and this Netflix documentary called “The Game Changers”....it has an interesting take on plant based diets from a performance standpoint. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

China reported 11 new cases and no deaths yesterday.  

Whether you believe China or not East Asia overall is doing a good job. IMO, their biggest advantage has been experience with SARS and MERS and their ability to contact trace. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19s-global-divide-as-west-reels-asia-keeps-virus-at-bay-11603186202

*tip: if you reached your cap on NYT or WSJ articles just open them in an ‘incognito tab.’

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At least your old high school is still standing. My old high school, home to Branden Dawson.. is scheduled for demolition.

Lew Wallace could face wrecking ball next year - Chicago Tribune

Edited by milehiiu

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Brendan Dawson went to a 1 room schoolhouse? rop:coffee:

Prior to Gary West High School....Gary Lew Wallace was the most expansive  high school in the city.

Going into the way back trail.  Also from Gary Wallace. Was Milo Komenich.  From the 1940's. Who played collegiate ball for the University of Wyoming.  And later, professionally for above all things... the Fort Wayne Pistons. 

Leather. I love ya. May GOD keep you and yours safe during this pandemic.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Totally relate. This year has been such an emotional grindstone.