Coronavirus

Reacher

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Prior to Gary West High School....Gary Lew Wallace was the most expansive  high school in the city.

Going into the way back trail.  Also from Gary Wallace. Was Milo Komenich.  From the 1940's. Who played collegiate ball for the University of Wyoming.  And later, professionally for above all things... the Fort Wayne Pistons. 

Leather. I love ya. May GOD keep you and yours safe during this pandemic.

Thanks!  You too!

11 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Totally relate. This year has been such an emotional grindstone. 

I honestly feel a bit guilty about how I feel. I'm doing fine financially, but mentally so,so at the moment.

Many more have suffered so much more than I have. Wether it be mental, physical, or monetary.

If I remember right you adopted a cat recently?

How is that going?

I have a very difficult problem of saying no to my wife so we have 2 12 week old kittens creating Havoc!! I held them In the the palm of my hand on day 1 back in June.

They grow so fast.  

Edited by mrflynn03

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dang, we may have to add covid exhaustion syndrome to our check list of possibilities.  

Maybe we need to spark up a health, wellness, nutrition, and exercise thread.  Thinking of starting with a sugar fast.  

That sounds like a great thread. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I honestly feel a bit guilty about how I feel. I'm doing fine financially, but mentally so,so at the moment.

Many more have suffered so much more than I have. Wether it be mental, physical, or monetary.  

@Lostin76 if I remember right you adopted a cat recently?

How is that going?

I have a very difficult problem of saying no to my wife so we have 2 12 week old kittens creating Havoc!! I held them In the the palm of my hand on day 1 back in June.

They grow so fast.  

I have two cats we got at a very young age a couple years ago because of my wife... First cats I've ever liked. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I have two cats we got at a very young age a couple years ago because of my wife... First cats I've ever liked. 

For brevity I grew up with all kinds of animals from cows to barn cats.  

Cats were an afterthought and my wife was allergic to them growing up. But not anymore.

Back in June a pregnant stray took home under our deck. We kept the two girls and found a home for the two boys and spayed the momma cat. Cats are pretty cool. 

We try to catch and spay or neuter the strays we can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

For brevity I grew up with all kinds of animals from cows to barn cats.  

Cats were an afterthought and my wife was allergic to them growing up. But not anymore.

Back in June a pregnant stray took home under our deck. We kept the two girls and found a home for the two boys and spayed the momma cat. Cats are pretty cool. 

We try to catch and spay or neuter the strays we can. 

That's the best approach you can do with strays man, good for y'all. After we adopted the 2 we got at ~2 weeks, we fostered over 30 over the next year. We've stopped fostering because we rented when we moved to CO, but once we buy a home again when our lease is up we will likely foster again. 

I agree, cats are great. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's the best approach you can do with strays man, good for y'all. After we adopted the 2 we got at ~2 weeks, we fostered over 30 over the next year. We've stopped fostering because we rented when we moved to CO, but once we buy a home again when our lease is up we will likely foster again. 

I agree, cats are great. 

My wife would love to foster cats but she would want to keep them all.

December 2018, a few days before Christmas I heard a cat meowing.  Found it cold and wet under my car in the driveway.  So we took it in and took care of it the best we could.  Spent $$$  but it died from MODS in June 2019. It sucked. 

Here are the newbies we have 

20201023_011552.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife would love to foster cats but she would want to keep them all.

December 2018, a few days before Christmas I heard a cat meowing.  Found it cold and wet under my car in the driveway.  So we took it in and took care of it the best we could.  Spent $$$  but it died from MODS in June 2019. It sucked. 

Here are the newbies we have 

20201023_011552.jpg

Well I didn't say we only have two cats, they were just out first two. We have an older cat we rescued that had been in an abusive situation; she did NOT do well in the shelter but when we fostered her she took to me. So I said we have to keep her.

Plus we have two dogs. 

Your cats look awesome. Maybe we should start a pet thread as well as the diet/exercise thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Well I didn't say we only have two cats, they were just out first two. We have an older cat we rescued that had been in an abusive situation; she did NOT do well in the shelter but when we fostered her she took to me. So I said we have to keep her.

Plus we have two dogs. 

Your cats look awesome. Maybe we should start a pet thread as well as the diet/exercise thread. 

Well, those are the the newest additions.

We have 5 cats inside, the oldest is 11, and 2 dogs that are both about 13.  And 2 cats that hang around outside for food. 

My wife like to take in strays. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Update on my Brother. He finally tested negative by the standard State test, but the Lilly test still shows him positive. The other strange part is that the antibody test says that he does not have any anti bodies either.

Joe.  Thanks for the update.  Will certainly continue keeping him in our thoughts.  Definitely a strange combination of results.  Makes one think that at least one of them must be wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I have a few friends in the med field. Family as well. I’ve asked and not surprised at the responses. I won’t be getting the vaccine and I will just leave it at that.

Can you PM me some specifics as to why you would not consider the vaccine.  There are a lot of reasons why I think I should/would get one when available, but I am curious as to legitimate reasons why I maybe shouldn't.

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

A significant expansion of testing, which rose to a record Monday when more than 1.2 million tests were performed, according to data for the Covid Tracking Project. On Thursday, more than 1.1 million tests were recorded. Widespread availability of testing helps detect more mild or asymptomatic cases.

I can't access the article so I'm not sure how this paragraph was used in context; thus not directing anything at you Reacher or necessarily the article. But I'm finding it strange when people try to pad the blow of increasing cases with the response: "well, we are testing more". No s*** Sherlock! This is the most obvious thing that some (saw multiple people on the news pushing this narrative the last few days) try to make trivial. 

Naturally when cases rise, more people feel symptoms and then more people get tested. So, of course there will be more testing. And even if there were less tests, it doesn't mean that the virus disappears....it just means that cases are spiking and we don't know about it, which doesn't sound like a good thing because it makes it harder to identify clusters and take necessary precautions. Ignorance is not bliss, especially when you are dealing with a highly infectious virus. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I have a few friends in the med field. Family as well. I’ve asked and not surprised at the responses. I won’t be getting the vaccine and I will just leave it at that.

I'm not making an decisions yet. Was talking to a few 'in the know' and the reality is that they don't know because no data is available to them yet. They told me to wait, see what vaccines make it out of the third phase, and then get approved by the FDA. Once this happens we'll know how effective they are, what the side effects are and how dangerous they are. 

I will not be getting one either.  I am in a low risk demographic and am not worried for myself.  I generally avoid putting anything in myself I consider not necessary, including things like painkillers, ect. 

Think about it, if somebody gets a vaccine they are supposedly protected right?  So, why worry then if I don't get one. 

52 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I can't access the article so I'm not sure how this paragraph was used in context; thus not directing anything at you Reacher or necessarily the article. But I'm finding it strange when people try to pad the blow of increasing cases with the response: "well, we are testing more". No s*** Sherlock! This is the most obvious thing that some (saw multiple people on the news pushing this narrative the last few days) try to make trivial. 

Naturally when cases rise, more people feel symptoms and then more people get tested. So, of course there will be more testing. And even if there were less tests, it doesn't mean that the virus disappears....it just means that cases are spiking and we don't know about it, which doesn't sound like a good thing because it makes it harder to identify clusters and take necessary precautions. Ignorance is not bliss, especially when you are dealing with a highly infectious virus. 

One small point, at least to me. This doesn't actually mean that cases are spiking or declining, it actually just means we have proof of more cases. That doesn't mean they were not there before being tested, we just didn't have the data to support it. I hope I stated that correctly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I will not be getting one either.  I am in a low risk demographic and am not worried for myself.  I generally avoid putting anything in myself I consider not necessary, including things like painkillers, ect. 

Think about it, if somebody gets a vaccine they are supposedly protected right?  So, why worry then if I don't get one. 

your body, your decision.

But in addition to an individual being protected from contracting it, we also need to remember that the vaccine is a vehicle to herd immunity because it will essentially eliminate, in mass, the amount of hosts the virus can find. If too many Americans refuse vaccination then the virus will be sticking around longer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

One small point, at least to me. This doesn't actually mean that cases are spiking or declining, it actually just means we have proof of more cases. That doesn't mean they were not there before being tested, we just didn't have the data to support it. I hope I stated that correctly. 

That didn't make sense to me. haha

You also have positivity rates that are used in tandem with the amount of tests, which are not looking good right now. I'm just saying that it looks like we are in the beginning stages of a spike again. This will be verified in coming weeks (already has to a certain degree) when hospitalizations increase and then deaths increase. 

• Like 1