Coronavirus

Reacher

Made an appointment for a vaccination for next Friday.  Not sure which I will be getting.  The location I chose said 'has Johnson & Johnson', but it did not say 'only'  I noticed that many other locations said 'Moderna only' or Pfizer only' So, since the word 'only' was not used, not clear on whether I will have a choice or not.  I'm okay with any of the options, so not sure it matters.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Made an appointment for a vaccination for next Friday.  Not sure which I will be getting.  The location I chose said 'has Johnson & Johnson', but it did not say 'only'  I noticed that many other locations said 'Moderna only' or Pfizer only' So, since the word 'only' was not used, not clear on whether I will have a choice or not.  I'm okay with any of the options, so not sure it matters.  

Yep, whatever they offer, take it. 

35 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Yep, whatever they offer, take it. 

Yep...my wife and I are getting second Moderna dose this Friday/Saturday.  WOOHOO!!  But keep wearing those masks and distancing for the next 2-3 months.  We're going to beat this virus.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yep...my wife and I are getting second Moderna dose this Friday/Saturday.  WOOHOO!!  But keep wearing those masks and distancing for the next 2-3 months.  We're going to beat this virus.

Awesome! We didn’t really change our behavior after getting fully vaccinated. Still doing all of the smart things.

It is pretty cool to watch cases, hospitalizations, and deaths going down finally. And these vaccinations will hopefully start piling up and really turbocharge the reduction in cases/deaths. 

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Awesome! We didn’t really change our behavior after getting fully vaccinated. Still doing all of the smart things.

It is pretty cool to watch cases, hospitalizations, and deaths going down finally. And these vaccinations will hopefully start piling up and really turbocharge the reduction in cases/deaths. 

In November and December, our school was having times when probably close to 20% of the school was out from either testing positive, or being a close contact.  We have 2 meter sticks duct taped together so they're 6 feet, and when they would show up with it, you knew you'd be having a couple more kids going remote for 2 weeks.  Knock on wood, but I don't know if we've had anybody go remote for being a close contact in the last month.  Cases are way down in our area.

Just now, jv1972iu said:

Sorry....sometimes it's difficult.  😊

I know! Trust me, there is so much I could say. Staying away from politics, here is some more information coupled with some of my observations.

Mississippi has joined TX in reopening 100% and eliminating the mask mandate. 

As Spring is well underway in these southern states, we are past the worst of flu season, Covid cases have dropped precipitously, vaccinations well underway, and we are, hopefully, very close to herd immunity, I do not see a reason to hurt children by keeping them out of schools or punish businesses that have been suffering for a year already. Anyone that thinks reopening is wrong just needs to wait a couple weeks to see the spikes that must undoubtedly occur just like they did after Christmas and the Super bowl. Look at Florida's economy compared to NY. Weekday evening rush hour in Chicago is a ghost town while property values plummet there only to shoot up in AZ and FL.  BTW, Chicago schools are just now letting some at risk kids return to in person classes March 1. So very sad that the teachers union leaders have no problem with their own kids going to private schools to receive in person instruction while not allowing the same for those most in need. 

"When will economies be allowed to reopen? When are we without restrictions? We take a look at the Israeli case and conclude that 35-37% of the population needs to be vaccinated before a major breakthrough is seen. The UK will soon hit this benchmark, while the US and efficient EU countries (such as Denmark and other Nordic countries)will reach this benchmark in early April. We will be without (most) restrictions sooner than you think. The UK will likely soon move towards a swift reopening, US will follow around Easter, while continental Europe will follow in early May. (…)"

https://corporate.nordea.com/article/63918/global-the-vaccine-race-this-is-how-early-we-will-be-without-most-restrictions

Would this cause you to take the vaccine from another manufacturer?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccines-draw-warnings-from-some-catholic-bishops-11614722452

"The Archdiocese of New Orleans last week released a statement advising Catholics that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is “morally compromised as it uses the abortion-derived cell line in development and production of the vaccine as well as the testing,” and advising them to opt for a Pfizer Inc. or Moderna Inc. vaccine, if possible."

45 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Would this cause you to take the vaccine from another manufacturer?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccines-draw-warnings-from-some-catholic-bishops-11614722452

"The Archdiocese of New Orleans last week released a statement advising Catholics that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is “morally compromised as it uses the abortion-derived cell line in development and production of the vaccine as well as the testing,” and advising them to opt for a Pfizer Inc. or Moderna Inc. vaccine, if possible."

Let's leave this one alone. Way too easy to turn into an abortion/political debate.  ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Wonderful to see the timelines for vaccine availability being pushed up. Truly a miracle of medical achievement that many people - Trump, Biden, Fauci, a whole lot of brilliant doctors - deserve credit for. 

Pretty impressive that they are saying enough vaccines by end of May for all of US. The massive ramp up in effort has been helpful and really gratifying to see. 

They'll have an extra two vaccines come May. We will not be getting them. Certainly understand why some would though. My dad (66) is getting his 2nd dose soon and I'm trying to convince my mom (59) to get the vaccine, as well. 

I assume Indiana will stick with its mask mandate through the end of the NCAAT. Only time it really bothered me was them trying to make coaches wear them on the sideline, which we didn't. Wore it every other time that I was made to. 

1 hour ago, Muckraker said:

Just got my 1st shot. Didn't feel a thing. The local health dept. had everything organized very well. Just hope I don't have any side effects. 

Congrats! You shouldn’t have any side effects from the first shot, but possible for the second one.