Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I received my 1st shot yesterday of Moderna. Rolled the dice and scheduled the apt 2 weeks ago anticipating that my age group would be available. Little did I know they did not even ask for ID. 

I got my first shot Saturday and got sick Sunday evening. Every time I get a flu shot I get sick right after.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I received my 1st shot yesterday of Moderna. Rolled the dice and scheduled the apt 2 weeks ago anticipating that my age group would be available. Little did I know they did not even ask for ID. 

They checked my ID and even asked for my insurance card. Did they schedule you for second dose already? They made my second appointment for April 19.

15 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I got my first shot Saturday and got sick Sunday evening. Every time I get a flu shot I get sick right after.

That sucks. Knock on wood...so far I just have soreness in the upper arm near the injection site thus far. I've never gotten sick after a flu shot either though. Hope you are feeling better.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

They checked my ID and even asked for my insurance card. Did they schedule you for second dose already? They made my second appointment for April 19.

Yes April 18th I think. My wife scheduled both for me. Maybe its because I knew the lady at the pharmacy she used to work at Walmart where we get all of Aydens meds. They all know me on a 1st name basis unfortunately. I am just glad I see so many people getting it done. Indiana way ahead of getting it out. Still waiting for the OK for Ayden to get it. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes April 18th I think. My wife scheduled both for me. Maybe its because I knew the lady at the pharmacy she used to work at Walmart where we get all of Aydens meds. They all know me on a 1st name basis unfortunately. I am just glad I see so many people getting it done. Indiana way ahead of getting it out. Still waiting for the OK for Ayden to get it. 

Last I heard they were guessing kids would probably be in the fall I thought..although I have not read up on it the past couple weeks. I'm sure some on here know more than me about the possible timeline for children to receive it.

21 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

That sucks. Knock on wood...so far I just have soreness in the upper arm near the injection site thus far. I've never gotten sick after a flu shot either though. Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks. It was a 24 hour bug which is exactly what my Covid symptoms were. I was hesitant to get the shot but finally relented to appease my wife. LOL

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 7:29 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Really, wow.  I had to provide my driver's license.  Interesting that the state would allow for different protocols in different counties.  

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I noticed Blackford county is the only orange county this week. They were blue a couple weeks ago. I have to think it's because of Blackford basketball fans attending the regional and semi-state games. 

I just saw that and thought the exact same thing.  A little worried that Indiana is going to spike because of the boys high school and the NCAA tourney.

Welp. Biting the bullet. Just waived the white flag and getting our shots at the IMS on 4/2. I guess it's a Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Anyone have any problems they care to share or just normal stuff? I have F4 tickets the next day so am I going to be feeling anything off or business as usual?

Must say the whole thing took about 5 minutes to do...now I'm sure the lines at track will be long but figured since we plan on attending 500 it's the place to get vaccine...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp. Biting the bullet. Just waived the white flag and getting our shots at the IMS on 4/2. I guess it's a Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Anyone have any problems they care to share or just normal stuff? I have F4 tickets the next day so am I going to be feeling anything off or business as usual?

Must say the whole thing took about 5 minutes to do...now I'm sure the lines at track will be long but figured since we plan on attending 500 it's the place to get vaccine...

Sorry I only know people who’ve had Madura and Pfizer. Good news I guess is the only issue I’ve heard of was the second shot and you only get one!

Hope everything goes well!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Got my shot Tuesday. Arm was a little sore, felt fine. Headed back for the second Pfizer dose in about two weeks. 

good luck to all still hunting for an appointment! The process was painless for me. 

I have had my appointment scheduled...the 31st is when I get poked.

• Like 3

Indiana's numbers going in the wrong direction.  Daily cases, positivity, ICU Beds, and Hospitalizations all trending upward over the last week.  Hope it's a blip, but have to wonder if relaxed restrictions are playing a part.  If it was just # of cases, it may not be that bad since it is natural that younger people may get exposed more with fewer restrictions.  But, the hospitalization and ICU numbers trending upward are hard to shrug off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Indiana's numbers going in the wrong direction.  Daily cases, positivity, ICU Beds, and Hospitalizations all trending upward over the last week.  Hope it's a blip, but have to wonder if relaxed restrictions are playing a part.  If it was just # of cases, it may not be that bad since it is natural that younger people may get exposed more with fewer restrictions.  But, the hospitalization and ICU numbers trending upward are hard to shrug off. 

I was listening to NPR this morning and they said the same thing, but honed in on hospitalization rates increasing in the Midwest and Northeast. It definitely feels like people are starting to let their guards down here as places are opening up to more capacity. 

• Like 1