Coronavirus

Reacher

19 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I was listening to NPR this morning and they said the same thing, but honed in on hospitalization rates increasing in the Midwest and Northeast. It definitely feels like people are starting to let their guards down here as places are opening up to more capacity. 

People are impatient, foolish, idiots.  "Hey!  We have vaccines and the governor says we need to open up!"     (not referring to any specific governor)   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

People are impatient, foolish, idiots.  "Hey!  We have vaccines and the governor says we need to open up!"     (not referring to any specific governor)   

That’s exactly how it’s felt here. We haven’t changed our behaviors since being vaccinated in early Feb. I don’t get quite as annoyed by maskless a**holes anymore though, which is good b/c there are suddenly more of them.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 4:06 PM, 5fouls said:

Indiana's numbers going in the wrong direction.  Daily cases, positivity, ICU Beds, and Hospitalizations all trending upward over the last week.  Hope it's a blip, but have to wonder if relaxed restrictions are playing a part.  If it was just # of cases, it may not be that bad since it is natural that younger people may get exposed more with fewer restrictions.  But, the hospitalization and ICU numbers trending upward are hard to shrug off. 

I'm not sure of the real cause, but there is more to it than restrictions / lockdowns. TX is now 3 weeks past their reopening. All sorts of people were predicting mass deaths and huge increases in cases. Even with the  introduction of hundreds (to thousands depending on whom you believe) of Covid positive migrants into the communities, cases are some how declining (thru 3/27). How is that possible? 

• Like 1

Going back awhile, I have thought it very unfair that so many kids were not in school with so much scientific evidence providing no rationale for doing so. Private schools have been functioning  so why do large, public school systems push back so hard on taking care of their kids? The reason I bring this up again is the recent story out of San Diego. In the same county where kids are not back in public schools, teachers can go the the SD Convention center to teach migrants in person, in crowded conditions. I think society has had massive problems protecting our most vulnerable- the elderly and our children during the course of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Got my first shot today.  Moderna.  Didn't have to show any ID.  Go back in 4 weeks for another.

What kind of setup do they have that they’re not confirming your ID somehow. Mine was asked for and given as a “second nature” kind of event.

5 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

What kind of setup do they have that they’re not confirming your ID somehow. Mine was asked for and given as a “second nature” kind of event.

I set my appointment up on line.  They had my name on the list for the given time.  The only question they asked me was my birthdate.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 12:58 PM, TheWatShot said:

Well, my county has joined Blackford as the only orange counties in the state this week. Naturally, the town council voted to do away with masks in all businesses. 

Those two counties won't be alone for long.  Indiana definitely trending the wrong way right now.  

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone do the J&J single shot on here? Side effects or issues?

I did it.  Arm was sore for a few days, but not much different than any other vaccine.  Otherwise, no issues.  Got mine on 3/12 and the wife started showing symptoms on 3/26 (a week after she had her first Moderna shot).  She has tested positive.  Glad I went for the one and done.  I've had no symptoms, so at the very least, even though I was exposed, if I got it at all, I'm asymptomatic.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I did it.  Arm was sore for a few days, but not much different than any other vaccine.  Otherwise, no issues.  Got mine on 3/12 and the wife started showing symptoms on 3/26 (a week after she had her first Moderna shot).  She has tested positive.  Glad I went for the one and done.  I've had no symptoms, so at the very least, even though I was exposed, if I got it at all, I'm asymptomatic.  

Wow. Thanks for the information and hope the better half is recovering well! I've ben pretty anti-vaccine type of person because I feel like we/I/family should keep doing the same thing we've been doing for 54-55 weeks that has us at zero positive tests. Decided to just be a good citizen and do our vaccines. Get them over with. Plus I was able to get inside the garages for a bit at the track. So far just headache and slight chills. Otherwise...normal Friday night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

I got Moderna #1 yesterday. Slightly sore arm is it for me. My younger brother had to take an Ibuprofen for his sore arm. Hopefully, that's as bad as it gets.

I'm 71 and had nothing more than minor soreness at the vaccination site for both Moderna 1 and 2.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Make sure to move your arm (a LOT) in the 1-4 hours after getting the shot.  Helps a lot.  It helps the cells/whatever the heck a vaccine actually is move around your entire body, not just cluster in your arm.

NOW you tell me.

Seriously, my arm was the only issue in my first shot too...I am more nervous with second one in a couple weeks...the second dose seems to be the one that causes issues for many.

• Haha 1

The CDC recommends you NOT take any pain relievers before the shot to ward off any side effects. They are not sure if they affect how the vaccines work. Taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or acetaminophen is ok after the vax to treat any side effects.