Coronavirus

Reacher

Turning the corner in the U.S.  Some 'experts feel that reaching the 40% mark in vaccinations will help the U.S. turn the corner.  Data comparison of 14 day average cases versus 7 day average cases may already be showing that.   

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/vaccines-appear-to-be-slowing-spread-of-covid-19-infections/ar-BB1g8ZJV?ocid=msedgntp

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Turning the corner in the U.S.  Some 'experts feel that reaching the 40% mark in vaccinations will help the U.S. turn the corner.  Data comparison of 14 day average cases versus 7 day average cases may already be showing that.   

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/vaccines-appear-to-be-slowing-spread-of-covid-19-infections/ar-BB1g8ZJV?ocid=msedgntp

I just saw on the news this morning that Indiana is 1/3 vaccinated. 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just saw on the news this morning that Indiana is 1/3 vaccinated. 

I believe Indiana is in the bottom third in having people vaccinated, which is unfortunate.  I think the state is trying and doing a good job making the vaccine available.  Just too many Hoosiers are reluctant to get one.  We're even behind Kentucky.   

• Like 1

According to this website,

U.S. with at least 1 shot - 43%

Indiana at least 1 shot - 35%

U.S. percent fully vaccinated - 27%

Indiana fully vaccinated - 23%

Utah, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia are the only states with a smaller percentage fully vaccinated.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

Edited by 5fouls

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I believe Indiana is in the bottom third in having people vaccinated, which is unfortunate.  I think the state is trying and doing a good job making the vaccine available.  Just too many Hoosiers are reluctant to get one.  We're even behind Kentucky.   

I have not encountered too many that have not gotten the vaccination. To me it just does not make sense not too.

I wasn't going to share but I will. On Saturday I was at the deli and a lady who previously cut me off in her Lexus SUV came up and knew a guy also in line and said thank God we don't have to wear the masks anymore. Its so stupid and just another way of the damn Democrats trying to control us. She was like once they said it was not mandatory never would I put in on again. 

I get my turkey and turn around and she sees I have my mask on and in a very condescending voice she says oh Im sorry did my comments offend you. Without thinking or stopping myself I replied, I was a teaching for 20 years I am more than used to hearing ignorant comments on a daily. I winked and walked off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have not encountered too many that have not gotten the vaccination. To me it just does not make sense not too.

I wasn't going to share but I will. On Saturday I was at the deli and a lady who previously cut me off in her Lexus SUV came up and knew a guy also in line and said thank God we don't have to wear the masks anymore. Its so stupid and just another way of the damn Democrats trying to control us. She was like once they said it was not mandatory never would I put in on again. 

I get my turkey and turn around and she sees I have my mask on and in a very condescending voice she says oh Im sorry did my comments offend you. Without thinking or stopping myself I replied, I was a teaching for 20 years I am more than used to hearing ignorant comments on a daily. I winked and walked off. 

You were far too kind. I would have taken the mask off and coughed in her face. 

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The funniest part is - in Indiana, her perception of which party is enacting these (necessary, correct) measures isn't even right!  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have already noticed an increase number of people at the grocery and home improvement stores not wearing them, despite the fact that the store still has signs up saying they are required.  I'm even seeing examples of 5 year olds wearing them, but parents not.  I assume the parent has been vaccinated while the child hasn't, but I don't think the plan was to get vaccinated and automatically ditch the mask in public

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I have already noticed an increase number of people at the grocery and home improvement stores not wearing them, despite the fact that the store still has signs up saying they are required.  I'm even seeing examples of 5 year olds wearing them, but parents not.  I assume the parent has been vaccinated while the child hasn't, but I don't think the plan was to get vaccinated and automatically ditch the mask in public

In Decatur county I bet 25 percent are still wearing masks. In Marion County it's probably above 80 percent 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I don’t think the new CDC guidance around masks outdoors is helping things. How will outdoor restaurants know who’s been vaccinated? They really can’t or won’t. So anti-maskers will just claim that they are fully-vaccinated and the servers will be exposed to them. We’ve come so far with vaccinations, but just not there yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

I don’t think the new CDC guidance around masks outdoors is helping things. How will outdoor restaurants know who’s been vaccinated? They really can’t or won’t. So anti-maskers will just claim that they are fully-vaccinated and the servers will be exposed to them. We’ve come so far with vaccinations, but just not there yet. 

The servers SHOULD be vaccinated... Everywhere 

Don’t know how it is in other parts, but checking the GA numbers today. 34% have 1 shot 24% have two shots. Here in our company of several hundred, only 16% have two shots. Of course few were in the 65 and at risk category so they got a later start. 
Hope we cross the finish line before a new strain starts us all over again!

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

According to this website,

U.S. with at least 1 shot - 43%

Indiana at least 1 shot - 35%

U.S. percent fully vaccinated - 27%

Indiana fully vaccinated - 23%

Utah, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia are the only states with a smaller percentage fully vaccinated.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

The West Virginia governor is offering a $100 savings bond to any adult between ages 16-35 to get vaccinated. I like the idea. It will be interesting to see if it works and if others states follow suit.

• Like 1