Coronavirus

Reacher

31 minutes ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Wow, thanks for sharing! 

Just thought of this.  She said positive flu cases are way way way down.  And yes they are testing, my brother asked specifically.  

She said that looking back late 2019 through late February of 2020 they were swamped with flu like symptoms but people were negative for flu.  She believes it was here at least 3-4 months before it really exploded in March.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Just thought of this.  She said positive flu cases are way way way down.  And yes they are testing, my brother asked specifically.  

She said that looking back late 2019 through late February of 2020 they were swamped with flu like symptoms but people were negative for flu.  She believes it was here at least 3-4 months before it really exploded in March.  

My wife and her friends went to Greece in January of 2020. When they returned 3 of the 8 (including her) were really sick for 2 weeks. Dry cough, zero energy....sleeping all the time. Didn't think much of it at the time other than thinking it was the flu....looking back we are pretty sure they had Covid and just didn't know it.

Locally I think it was Logansport school systems had like 30-40% of students out with what they thought was the flu. Maybe it was something else all along?

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My wife and her friends went to Greece in January of 2020. When they returned 3 of the 8 (including her) were really sick for 2 weeks. Dry cough, zero energy....sleeping all the time. Didn't think much of it at the time other than thinking it was the flu....looking back we are pretty sure they had Covid and just didn't know it.

Locally I think it was Logansport school systems had like 30-40% of students out with what they thought was the flu. Maybe it was something else all along?

Had to have been.  My brother's sister in law had a horrible respiratory deal in February 20 that almost hospitalized her.  Loss of smell and taste, fever, fatigue.  

They are all convinced that was it.  

Oh the documentaries that will come out about this one day.  

Meanwhile, what are we doing about the origin and source of the virus??? It's been basically common knowledge from almost day one where this came from.  How do they get a free pass?  I guess the economics of retaliation isn't worth it.  How do you retaliate?  Maybe you can't prove it was on purpose?  China has a sick regime.  This virus targeted the weakest, oldest, and sickest.  China has no problem eliminating their own if it benefits them.  Just leaves me shaking my head.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

In Dec 2019 my son was sicker than he has ever been. Negative for both Flu A and B. I swear it was Covid. His finance tested positive last fall and he never caught it and had to get tested every other day and they were all Negative. I think it was here.much earlier than Spring 2020.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Had to have been.  My brother's sister in law had a horrible respiratory deal in February 20 that almost hospitalized her.  Loss of smell and taste, fever, fatigue.  

They are all convinced that was it.  

Oh the documentaries that will come out about this one day.  

Meanwhile, what are we doing about the origin and source of the virus??? It's been basically common knowledge from almost day one where this came from.  How do they get a free pass?  I guess the economics of retaliation isn't worth it.  How do you retaliate?  Maybe you can't prove it was on purpose?  China has a sick regime.  This virus targeted the weakest, oldest, and sickest.  China has no problem eliminating their own if it benefits them.  Just leaves me shaking my head.  

Some people think China isn't even a threat, either economically or militarily...

• Like 2

Add me to the list of probables. Last Jan 11 woke up feeling off.  Went to a game in Bloomington and afterwards passed out in the truck. Wife took me home and I barely could get to bed. Had a fever of 103. Slept a couple days. Headaches, shortness of breath, low grade fever that would just come and go randomly.  Lasted 3 weeks, low energy, end up calling in to work 6 times total.

Then she got it, same thing. 

We have discussed this before but here is the CDC director saying hospitals are counting people who die from other causes as COVID deaths as long as they test positive for COVID. (10 minute mark of the video below).

So, when you hear 242 people died after they got the vaccine, realize it could very well have been a heart attack or something else and not a COVID death.

This matters beacause the media is not being accurate in their reporting which is continuing to spread fear which is not based on facts and science.

In fact only 6% of COVID deaths were found not to have other comorbities-

cdc-numbers-covid-.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 1:06 PM, 5fouls said:

Here is some math to support the above point.  I found stats for the last 90 days in Indiana.

There are currently 12,950 total deaths reported in Indiana attributed to Covid.  1,244 have occurred in the last 90 days, meaning 11,706 had occurred prior to February 4th.

So, taking 5.2% of total deaths as of today means approximately 673 Hoosiers between the ages of 50-59 have died of Covid.  Compare that to 4.9% of the 11,706 deaths prior to February 4th, which calculates to 574.

So, there have been approximately 99 new deaths in the 50-59 date range in the last 90 days from a total death pool of 1,244.  That calculates to 7.95% of deaths in Indiana since Feb 4th have fallen in the 50-59 age range.  

I consider 4.9% prior to Feb 4th compared to 7.95% after February 4th to be significant.  The main change to the environment since that time has been the vaccine, and the 50-59 age group lags behind the 60+ age group in getting vaccinated.

That can't be a coincidence.

Following up on this point from 2 weeks ago.  The percentage of Covid deaths in Indiana falling in the 50-59 age range is now 5.3%, up from 5.2% from 2 weeks ago.  

Now, applying the same math as above.  There are now 13,090 total deaths reported in Indiana.  That's up 140 from 2 weeks ago.  Based on 5.3% of deaths being in the 50-59 age group, that calculates out to 694, up from 673 just 2 weeks ago.

21 new deaths from a population of 140 means that 15% of deaths in the 2 week window were from the 50-59 age group.  

4.9% prior to Feb 4th turned into 7.95% from Feb 4th to May 4th, and now 15% in the two weeks since.  

What does the math mean?  Vaccines are working at reducing deaths in the higher risk groups that were among the first vaccinated.  The 50-59 age group has been slower to vaccinate than the 60+.  The consequences of that are evident.    

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Indy is full system, no mask go starting June 7th. I was in Kroger yesterday and even though they still require masks many were not wearing. Admittedly this is going to take some time getting used to no mask world again. 

It's to the point where it's confusing on when you should wear a mask.  You can go to two of the same 'type' of store.  In one, everyone has a mask.  In the other, no one has a mask.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's to the point where it's confusing on when you should wear a mask.  You can go to two of the same 'type' of store.  In one, everyone has a mask.  In the other, no one has a mask.

Probably at a point where masks should be optional for everyone. I prefer a well informed populace making decisions for themselves. And, hopefully, everyone respects the decisions they make.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

Probably at a point where masks should be optional for everyone. I prefer a well informed populace making decisions for themselves. And, hopefully, everyone respects the decisions they make.

Haha. We can only hope. I was in getting a Powerball ticket this afternoon and a guy asks me why I'm wearing a mask. I basically said to each their own and he said don't be a pawn to the powers at be....I told him to not project his own beliefs onto everyone else. 

This is just the start. My feeling is there will be plenty of mask vs no mask encounters this summer.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

Key phrases being..."well informed " and..."everyone respects ".  Good luck there, I'm thinking.    😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Haha. We can only hope. I was in getting a Powerball ticket this afternoon and a guy asks me why I'm wearing a mask. I basically said to each their own and he said don't be a pawn to the powers at be....I told him to not project his own beliefs onto everyone else. 

This is just the start. My feeling is there will be plenty of mask vs no mask encounters this summer.

Shoulda said, "So what are you? A Queen?" ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really sad. We don't have to be that way. People can have differing beliefs, lifestyles, and yes, opinions and still be civil and get along for the good of society.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Shoulda said, "So what are you? A Queen?" ;) 

I asked him if that's his thing hanging out at 116th and Rangeline Speedway during the day to tell people what they should be doing?? I really do think this is what's going to happen for several weeks. Oh well. 

• Like 1

I am not making an argument for or against masks, just an observation I haven't seen discussion on. 

I have read where the flu season was non existent because of masks and other measures.  A good possibility.  So if it was effective for flu season then why are we still dealing with coronavirus.  Does that mean these measures arent effective against covid?  

BTW I am of the same mind of @cthomas.

Wear or dont. None of my business, last thing I want to do is go out of my way to bother someone who is doing what is best for them. Americans really piss me off sometimes.  

• Like 3

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I asked him if that's his thing hanging out at 116th and Rangeline Speedway during the day to tell people what they should be doing?? I really do think this is what's going to happen for several weeks. Oh well. 

I feel it may go on longer than that.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Really sad. We don't have to be that way. People can have differing beliefs, lifestyles, and yes, opinions and still be civil and get along for the good of society.

I agree...It's sad how rude some people have become...

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

I agree...It's sad how rude some people have become...

I've lost friendships this past year. Not valuable one's but friends still the same. Have said the same thing since last March 16th. Everyone can handle this how they see fit....but don't project your personal beliefs into my home and think that's going to be ok. Again...oh well. Life moves on. It's in the 80's...neighborhood is packed with kids playing, beer is cold....could be worse. 

• Like 3

We have become so divided as a country, that I don’t see how this great unmasking is going to work well. 

NYC is opening up rapidly with no restrictions and guess who has to handle the mask or no mask debate with customers in stores? Those very same “essential workers” who everyone praised early on. And some of them might not be fully vaccinated. 

I had a conversation with our vet last week about their policy - it’s all curbside still. Which pisses me off when we are paying $6K for an MRI for our dog after she had a stroke, but have to hand her over and sit on on the sidewalk in the heat waiting to talk to the neurologist over the phone. Yet at the restaurant next door, people can be inside drinking and eating at almost full capacity. 

She said it was b/c not all of thier staff have been fully vaccinated.

I will say I’ve been enjoying walking down the sidewalk w/o a mask, especially in this heat. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1