Coronavirus

Reacher

Fauci Argued Benefits of Gain-of-Function Research Outweighed Pandemic Risk in 2012 Paper

"The Weekend Australian report adds that Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, did not alert senior White House officials before lifting a ban on gain-of-function research in 2017."

"Yet the EcoHealth Alliance diverted $600,000 in grants from the NIH to the WIV in the form of sub-grants from 2014 through 2019, for the purpose of studying bat coronaviruses."

"Fauci maintains that no U.S. funding that went to the WIV was directed toward gain-of-function research, but he conceded during congressional testimony this week that it is impossible to guarantee that researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology did not use American funds to perform gain-of-function research on coronaviruses."

Gain of function research is genetically engineering or using mutations to make a virus more pathogenic.  

I think its important to know if US funds were used in this research, did it originate from the lab. If so, is this research really worth the risk since it possibly resulted in the worst pandemic in 100 years. 

There have been a few in between caused by animal to human transmission that weren't nearly as bad. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Why the need to suppress information?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

People were reporting all sorts of this stuff early last year and were roundly criticized, suppressed and censored. That seems newsworthy to me.

This covid topic has almost run it's course.  It was a miserable year with lots of back and forth.  It has caused me to become a more compassionate and empathetic person.  

Anyone who claimed covid was politically weaponized was demonized.  

Like the pipeline conversation we had a few weeks ago that ran its course and then went political, this too, i predict will dive into the nasty.  Yall have fun.  

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Kristian Anderson emailed Fauci on Fri Jan 31 2020 at 10:32pm and told him the virus "looked engineered". 

WHO official Peter Daszak admitted to manipulation of the virus, on video, prior to the epidemic. On 4/18/2020 Daszak thanked Fauci for insisting the COVID-19 virus was naturally occurring- when they both knew that was lie- days after Foxnews was reporting on the link to Wuhan. Why the need for damage control?

There are now 100+ studies showing that HCQ is effective, when used early, to treat and even prevent COVID. Other countries have used it successfully. Why was it banned in the US? Why do we not have an agreed treatment plan for the elderly with COVID to assist in their recovery? Many Drs have successfully treated their patients with COVID but their voices were suppressed? Why?

I have seen the emails and the studies. I personally believe the actions Fauci took caused untold deaths. Believe what you want. Evidence is coming out and there will be more to come. I'm content to wait for the truth. So far, my waiting is appearing to pay off. 

C’mon that is a stretch. You’re pulling 2 words out of context. Anderson told Fauci this in January:

"The unusual features of the virus make up a really small part of the genome (<0.1%) so one has to look really closely at all of the sequences to see that some of the features (potentially) look engineered."

In that same email, Andersen said, "There are still further analyses to be done, so those opinions could still change."

So, more research needed to be done, which it was. The same guy then wrote an article (with supporting data) in March where he concluded that

It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

In conclusion, Andersen raised a concern that he felt he needed to look into. And Fauci is to blame for a cover up because he was told about a possible theory that didn’t play out? I don’t connect the dots. Fauci didn’t even pose the question. He relayed concerns of this to other people, but at the time that’s all they were: concerns that needed to be looked into, which they were. And there’s still no evidence to suggest that COVID was engineered.

16 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

And there’s still no evidence to suggest that COVID was engineered.

Now THAT is a stretch.  Ignore it if you want, but I think there are plenty of pieces of evidence out there to suggest that it's more than possible.  In fact, if I were a betting man here, I'd wager it's more likely than not that it is at least partially engineered.  It's not like the Chinese don't already have a credibility problem here.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

C’mon that is a stretch. You’re pulling 2 words out of context. Anderson told Fauci this in January:

So, more research needed to be done, which it was. The same guy then wrote an article (with supporting data) in March where he concluded that

In conclusion, Andersen raised a concern that he felt he needed to look into. And Fauci is to blame for a cover up because he was told about a possible theory that didn’t play out? I don’t connect the dots. Fauci didn’t even pose the question. He relayed concerns of this to other people, but at the time that’s all they were: concerns that needed to be looked into, which they were. And there’s still no evidence to suggest that COVID was engineered.

Ok, so you believe Fauci was totally oblivious to the fact that $100s of millions were going to Wuhan and he knew nothing about the genetic engineering they were doing with the coronavirus for the last decade? Genetic engineering of the coronavirus didn't take place? Wow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/study-claims-covid-19-not-natural-but-result-of-wuhan-lab-leak/articleshow/83085751.cms

• Like 1

29:52 “coronaviruses are pretty good… you can manipulate them in the lab pretty easily… the spiked proteins drive a lot about what happens."

Now this guy is being put in charge of investigating the origins for the Lancet? 

Remember, he thanked Fauci in an email for saying it was not man made last spring when evidence was surfacing pointing to that possibility.  Led to a whole year of suppression, intimidation (scientists were getting death threats for pointing out the research indicating it was an engineered virus), and censorship. 

15 hours ago, Reacher said:

Ok, so you believe Fauci was totally oblivious to the fact that $100s of millions were going to Wuhan and he knew nothing about the genetic engineering they were doing with the coronavirus for the last decade? Genetic engineering of the coronavirus didn't take place? Wow. 

That's a huge stretch. It's like you're saying it conclusively. Peer reviewed research papers (like the one I posted) is showing that it is the (very) least likely of scenarios. If you want to jump to the least likely of scenarios and then tie Fauci to it based on other unproven theories, that is fine. I'm just not following you or connecting those dots.

I'm not debating the lab leak theory. I'm doubting that the virus was purposely manipulated/genetically engineered or intentionally release by China for mass destruction. These are two different things and based on the links you are posting, it seems to me you are muddying them together. 

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

You just talking about this virus or any virus?

Engineered bat virus stirs debate over risky research

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2015.18787

No thee virus, as in COVID19, which has been studied under a microscope. 

Just because a bat virus can or has been genetically manipulated, it doesn't mean that COVID19 has. 

This is a trap I sometimes fall into as well, because I'm just as opinionated as anyone, but we don't always have to convince everyone else that our opinion is the correct one.  Sometimes, posting can be just that: submitting your opinion for posterity and moving on.  

Plenty of you don't agree with me on lots of things, and that's OK.  The goal isn't making other people think exactly like you.  There are no imaginary internet points to be won.

This is the water cooler, not a debate stage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm doubting that the virus was purposely manipulated/genetically engineered or intentionally release by China for mass destruction. 

Where did I ever say it was purposely released for mass destruction? All I was saying is there is ample scientific research papers and other evidence talking about how China, with our help and $, engaged in modifying the Coronavirus at the Wuhan Virology Institute. Personally, I don't see how that can be disputed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

No thee virus, as in COVID19, which has been studied under a microscope. 

Just because a bat virus can or has been genetically manipulated, it doesn't mean that COVID19 has. 

It is a valid concern though and why people question the origin.

Experiments in that study showed a bat virus would have to evolve to pose a threat to humans. 

41 minutes ago, Reacher said:

engaged in modifying the Coronavirus at the Wuhan Virology Institute. Personally, I don't see how that can be disputed.

Fair enough.....this I don't agree with for many reasons, which I have already explained and referenced peer reviewed research to exactly why it can be disputed. In the spirit of @HoosierFaithful's post I'll leave it at that. We obviously aren't going to change each other's minds and we've been down this road before, which only resulted in a loss of work productivity for the both of us. 

How about we just handshake, and agree to revisit this, HCQ and all the '2020 Hits' 5 years from now? If it's discovered that the virus was genetically engineered and this was knowingly covered up by Fauci I'll buy you a beer. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

How about we just handshake

Have you experienced any of the following symptoms within the last two weeks?

Coughing, fever, chills, sore throat, body aches, sneezing, erectile dysfunction, raging diarrhea, headaches, herpes sores, loss of taste or smell, or male pattern baldness.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Have you experienced any of the following symptoms within the last two weeks?

Coughing, fever, chills, sore throat, body aches, sneezing, erectile dysfunction, raging diarrhea, headaches, herpes sores, loss of taste or smell, or male pattern baldness.

Yes, but n my defense, it was money well spent!!! Just sayin

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/18/2021 at 1:19 PM, 5fouls said:

Following up on this point from 2 weeks ago.  The percentage of Covid deaths in Indiana falling in the 50-59 age range is now 5.3%, up from 5.2% from 2 weeks ago.  

Now, applying the same math as above.  There are now 13,090 total deaths reported in Indiana.  That's up 140 from 2 weeks ago.  Based on 5.3% of deaths being in the 50-59 age group, that calculates out to 694, up from 673 just 2 weeks ago.

21 new deaths from a population of 140 means that 15% of deaths in the 2 week window were from the 50-59 age group.  

4.9% prior to Feb 4th turned into 7.95% from Feb 4th to May 4th, and now 15% in the two weeks since.  

What does the math mean?  Vaccines are working at reducing deaths in the higher risk groups that were among the first vaccinated.  The 50-59 age group has been slower to vaccinate than the 60+.  The consequences of that are evident.    

The percentage of total Covid deaths in the 50-59 age range in Indiana ticked up gain today, from 5.3% on May 18th to 5.4% today.  During that time, total deaths increased by 177, from 13,090 to 13,267.  5.4% of 13,267 is 716, which would represent the number in the 50-59 age group.  716 is up by 22 from the 694 calculated on May 18th.  So, in the 2 and a half weeks since May 18th, deaths in the 50-59 age group were 12.4% (22 divided into 177).

On 6/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, tdhoosier said:

And there’s still no evidence to suggest that COVID was engineered.

I think that ^^^  is a stretch. More and more evidence is coming out that it was. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/genome-sequencing-of-covid-seemingly-proves-it-was-made-in-a-lab/ar-AAKM69K

Wonder how much we will learn about what the Chinese defector, now with the FBI, revealed during 3 months with the DIA? 

What is your confidence there was no man made intervention?