Coronavirus

Reacher

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I think that ^^^  is a stretch. More and more evidence is coming out that it was. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/genome-sequencing-of-covid-seemingly-proves-it-was-made-in-a-lab/ar-AAKM69K

Wonder how much we will learn about what the Chinese defector, now with the FBI, revealed during 3 months with the DIA? 

What is your confidence there was no man made intervention?

At this point I wouldn't believe one thing from the FBI, DOJ or the government. They make everything they say fit the narrative that they want. Without getting political we need a total reset of anything federally related and especially Washington D.C.. Unfortunately we all know this will never happen. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Back in the office today for the first time since March 2020.  Felt good.  Not many others there.  We are returning slowly.  but, just being there made it feel more normal it's been in a long time.

I go back tomorrow...

I wonder how that bag of dried figs I left in my bottom desk draw is doing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Indian scientists believe it was engineered and then Fauci silences them to hide his involvement in its creation. SMH...

When this type of news was shared in this thread last year, the response was it couldn't be credible because the study was withdrawn.  There is always a story behind the story....

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Indian scientists believe it was engineered and then Fauci silences them to hide his involvement in its creation. SMH...

When this type of news was shared in this thread last year, the response was it couldn't be credible because the study was withdrawn.  There is always a story behind the story....

This is an extremely misleading tweet.  I read the article, and there was nothing mentioned about Fauci's emails threatening scientists and forcing them to withdraw their studies.  It was all anecdotal evidence without any proof.  The tweet says it is in Fauci's emails that he was threatening them.  That is nowhere to be found.  I don't care to get into any Fauci debate, but this is a clearly misleading tweet.

Here is what it said in the article about why the paper was withdrawn, "When asked why they had withdrawn the paper, he said that was withdrawn due to the pressure from the people with vested interests."  I'm not getting into the sides of whether that's true or not, or who did it, etc.  This tweet is clearly an attention grab.

48 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

This is an extremely misleading tweet.  I read the article, and there was nothing mentioned about Fauci's emails threatening scientists and forcing them to withdraw their studies.  It was all anecdotal evidence without any proof.  The tweet says it is in Fauci's emails that he was threatening them.  That is nowhere to be found.  I don't care to get into any Fauci debate, but this is a clearly misleading tweet.

Here is what it said in the article about why the paper was withdrawn, "When asked why they had withdrawn the paper, he said that was withdrawn due to the pressure from the people with vested interests."  I'm not getting into the sides of whether that's true or not, or who did it, etc.  This tweet is clearly an attention grab.

There are many stories out there on this subject. I just linked a tweet that summarized what was going on for those who may not be aware of it. 

Josh Rogin said – ‘I often talk to scientists who say the same thing, who say, “Listen, we really want to speak out about this, but we can’t do it.”

‘Why can’t we do it? Well, we get all of our funding from NIH, or NIAID, which is run by Dr. Fauci.” So we can’t say anything like ‘Oh, gain-of-function research might be dangerous, or it might have come from a lab, because we’re going to lose our careers, we’re going to lose our funding, we’re not going to be able to do the work.”

Fauci was apparently part of the effort to have the Indian study withdrawn / discredited. Let's see if more evidence comes out before just dismissing it. 

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

There are many stories out there on this subject. I just linked a tweet that summarized what was going on for those who may not be aware of it. 

Josh Rogin said – ‘I often talk to scientists who say the same thing, who say, “Listen, we really want to speak out about this, but we can’t do it.”

‘Why can’t we do it? Well, we get all of our funding from NIH, or NIAID, which is run by Dr. Fauci.” So we can’t say anything like ‘Oh, gain-of-function research might be dangerous, or it might have come from a lab, because we’re going to lose our careers, we’re going to lose our funding, we’re not going to be able to do the work.”

Fauci was apparently part of the effort to have the Indian study withdrawn / discredited. Let's see if more evidence comes out before just dismissing it. 

Like I said, I don't care to get into a Fauci debate. All I'm saying is the tweet was misleading by saying his emails were saying something they didn't.

28 minutes ago, Reacher said:

For those who believe the virus was not engineered, and that Fauci was not aware, there is this email-

Dr Anthony Fauci Threatened Indian Scientists To Withdraw Study Linking COVID-19 To AIDS Virus

This is unfortunately just a great example of picking things to push a particular viewpoint, my friend.

I googled this guy's name and here is the first result: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/03/fact-check-email-fauci-doesnt-contain-origin-coronavirus/7511931002/

The text of the email is copied word for word from a 2005 study by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania. The message to Fauci came from Adam Gaertner, a self-described independent researcher whose website includes a disclaimer that it shouldn’t be used for medical advice. He is also pushing a supposed COVID treatment the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warns "can cause serious harm."

The report's original authors told USA TODAY that Gaertner's claim is wrong and that the virus particles used in the experiment, which predated the emergence of COVID-19 by 14 years, did not contain genetic material from any coronaviruses.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

For those who believe the virus was not engineered, and that Fauci was not aware, there is this email-

Dr Anthony Fauci Threatened Indian Scientists To Withdraw Study Linking COVID-19 To AIDS Virus

I see the subsequent discrediting, but just wanted to point out that my first thought when reading this is that Adam Gaertner either had to have direct conversations with the Wuhan researchers or be in the Wuhan lab to know that much about the methodology.

I very much believe the Chinese engineered/manipulated the virus that got loose, but I would also not be surprised that this email was likewise engineered/manipulated.  Give it time...I am confident that in the end, there will be enough legitimate smoke to definitively say that the Chinese engineered/manipulated this virus and that their purpose in doing so was a long way from being lilly-white.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/celebrity-cruise-two-covid-positive-guests/index.html

Two guests test positive at end of cruise with fully vaccinated crew and passengers.

COVID can live for up to 3 days on plastic or stainless steel surfaces, and there’s generally no shortage of either on a cruise ship. 

Edit: in terms of vaccine efficacy, I was fully expecting the COVID vaccines to be about as effective as a below average year for flu vaccines: 70% ish. But, the vaccine also lowers the severity of the symptoms.

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So according to the article if you are unvaccinated, you have a .19% chance of being hospitalized.  I have high blood pressure and am more concerned with side effects. 

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So according to the article if you are unvaccinated, you have a .19% chance of being hospitalized.  I have high blood pressure and am more concerned with side effects. 

What I have read is that it is important to get the vaccine if you have high blood pressure. Your doctor should be able to advise you on whether YOU should get it or not. 

17 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

What I have read is that it is important to get the vaccine if you have high blood pressure. Your doctor should be able to advise you on whether YOU should get it or not. 

Well, people just a few year younger than me are having heart attacks and issues with myocarditis.

Also, I am working at a place that produces these vaccines so I am on a wait and see. 

My FIL and MIL are in there early 60's both had covid, survived.  My FIL problems are unrelated to covid.  

He fell off a bridge when he was 10 and dented his head on a rock from about 12 ft. 

18 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

So was at my Cardiologist for a regular check up yesterday. Have high blood pressure and SVT. After all the EKG’s and everything she asked if I had any problems with dizziness? I said well let’s talk about that. It seems that between my first and second shot I must have caught COVID because now I have problems with balance and taste! She smirked as she was typing away and said we get the complaints from our patient’s about taste and smell all the time, that and the woman saying their hair is falling out. She said nothing about having taken the vaccine.