Coronavirus

Reacher

Paper out from the National Bureau of Economic Research legitimizing what was discussed here last year. 

"Our main quantitative result is that there is substantial variation in health outcomes across countries following the reference lockdown. In our model, the lockdown led to an average of 1.76 child deaths for every COVID-19 fatality averted in low-income countries."

As expected, the poorer populations, both within and outside the US, fared the worst.

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28925/w28925.pdf

For many Central American countries where Covid is currently the worst, lockdowns are likely to do more harm than good. 

• Sad 1

The inventor of the mRNA vaccine was on Fox news. Why are colleges mandating these vaccines when, at the very least, it is not settled science that the benefits outweigh the risks? Time to slow down.

When asked about whether college-aged young adults should take the vaccine, Dr. Robert Malone replied:

Dr. Robert Malone: So I have a bias that the benefits probably don’t outweigh the risks in that cohort. But unfortunately, the risk-benefit analysis is not being done… Certainly I can say the risk-benefit of those 18 and below doesn’t justify vaccines. And there’s a pretty good chance that it doesn’t justify vaccinations in these very young adults.

17 hours ago, Reacher said:

Paper out from the National Bureau of Economic Research legitimizing what was discussed here last year. 

"Our main quantitative result is that there is substantial variation in health outcomes across countries following the reference lockdown. In our model, the lockdown led to an average of 1.76 child deaths for every COVID-19 fatality averted in low-income countries."

As expected, the poorer populations, both within and outside the US, fared the worst.

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28925/w28925.pdf

For many Central American countries where Covid is currently the worst, lockdowns are likely to do more harm than good. 

These lockdowns were an ignorant short sighted and poorly thought out idea. The epitome of know nothing idiots trying to "do something".

Not a fan of Jim Cramer but he is spot on here. 

Jim Cramer: The pandemic led to 'one of the greatest wealth transfers in history'

• Like 2

Deleted gene sequences confirm coronavirus circulated before Wuhan seafood market

Genetic sequences taken from people who caught the virus at the Wuhan seafood market likely had three mutations that differed from the original viral sequence, Pond and Bloom both estimate. "For SARS-CoV-2, 3 mutations translate to about 4-6 weeks of evolution (roughly). Hence the Wuhan market is not a plausible single origin source," Pond said.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

FDA adds warning for heart issues to Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-june-25-2021

I saw somewhere last week that more children have now been hospitalized from the vaccine than from Covid

In regards to the heart warnings, according to the CDC report I read, there have been 1226 reported cases of myocarditis (swelling of the heart) out of 300,000,000 vaccine doses given.  While that may be enough to add a warning, that's a 0.0004% rate.  In other words, if you have preexisting cardiovascular issues, take additional caution.  If you're in otherwise good health, the odds are still very, very slim. 

FWIW, I've got mild high blood pressure and had the Pfizer vaccine about 3 months ago.  Zero cardiovascular effects.  Again, just my personal experience, so YMMV. 

The link between the Pfizer vaccine and myocarditis was actually first seen in children, specifically males age 12-17.  However, given the number of confirmed cases of myocarditis, that's not the driver of children's hospitalizations. 

Heard some Dr on the radio saying that, so far, the evidence is pointing to the fact that immunity - whether from the vaccine or natural- is likely long lasting (possibly lifetime) and that boosters don't seem to be necessary. Obviously, we will have to wait for more data to come in over time but this seems promising.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Heard some Dr on the radio saying that, so far, the evidence is pointing to the fact that immunity - whether from the vaccine or natural- is likely long lasting (possibly lifetime) and that boosters don't seem to be necessary. Obviously, we will have to wait for more data to come in over time but this seems promising.

Yeah, early on, I remember some healthcare authority saying that they find antibodies from viruses from the 1930's in some elderly people.  Even for stuff that mutates like the flu, antibodies from a previous bout can give at least partial immunity to the variants.  That's immunology 101.

• Like 2

This came from the Lab, our government is not to be trusted. The China Communist Party is feeding the propaganda.  They own both parties, social, and tech media.

Seriously, wake up before it's too late.

Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want. But every they time they do this 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9722263/National-Guard-preparing-major-cyber-attack-bring-utilities-US.html

Something similar follows. 

Get prepared.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 3

I think this story emphasizes that, without some sort of restrictions, you will either get vaccinated or get Covid.  It's too prevalent and spreads too easily to totally avoid it without moving to some isolated outpost that does not require human contact.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/us/illinois-summer-camp-coronavirus-outbreak/index.html

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Delta variant no more deadly than the flu and virus lethality decreasing ???

vaxx3.jpg?itok=Nn1bYJZR

vaxx2.jpg?itok=JcElXTuG

As you can see, the Delta variant has a 0.1% case fatality rate (CFR) . That is the same rate as the flu and is much lower than the CFR for the ancestral strain or any of the other variants. And as we know, the CFR is always higher than the infection fatality rate (IFR), because many of the mildest and asymptomatic infections go undocumented, while the confirmed cases tend to have a bias toward those who are more evidently symptomatic.

In other words, Delta is literally the flu with a CFR identical to it. This is exactly what every respiratory pandemic has done through history: morphed into more transmissible and less virulent form that forces the other mutations out since you get that one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

This came from the Lab, our government is not to be trusted. The China Communist Party is feeding the propaganda.  They own both parties, social, and tech media.

Seriously, wake up before it's too late.

Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want. But every they time they do this 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9722263/National-Guard-preparing-major-cyber-attack-bring-utilities-US.html

Something similar follows. 

Get prepared.  

Riveting indeed. I hope everybody that sees this takes a few minutes to watch it. 

I think it is past the time to begin investigating those in the US- Dr Baric, Daszak, Fauci, the NIH, etc that had a role in the funding and development of this. I think one reason for covering the origins is because of our, US, involvement.

• Like 1

This article, from an inner city school teacher, touches on dozens of issues that have been brought up in this thread over the last year. From PCR testing cycles to NYC hospitals and the fact that lockdowns caused an average of 2lb/ mo weight gain due to a 27% decrease in daily steps worsening cardio health. Lots of interesting stats and info. BTW, I don't personally agree with all of his conclusions but a very worthwhile read.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/the-war-on-reality-gutentag

This pushing the delta variant is nothing more than fear mongering.  Its playing on the fears and anxieties of people who have no scientific education beyond 9th grade biology, if they even passed.

Dr. Tony,

From April, less than 10,000 cases

Joe, 

Door to Door vaccination efforts

Reality,

There is no surge. 

New cases 

Screenshot_20210706-232832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fdb30be95f44e3b4290a186a35f511d2.jpg

New deaths

Screenshot_20210706-233517_Chrome.jpg

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 7:56 AM, Drroogh said:

If anybody gets to thinking it’s getting back to normal, think again!

China ports partially closed due to Covid-19

Received another Force Majeure letter from a primary vendor last night! (Means due to circumstances outside of their control they are no longer contractually obligated to fulfill orders)

Seems like this year could end up worse than last year!

12 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

This pushing the delta variant is nothing more than fear mongering.  Its playing on the fears and anxieties of people who have no scientific education beyond 9th grade biology, if they even passed.

Dr. Tony,

From April, less than 10,000 cases

Joe, 

Door to Door vaccination efforts

Reality,

There is no surge. 

New cases 

Screenshot_20210706-232832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fdb30be95f44e3b4290a186a35f511d2.jpg

New deaths

Screenshot_20210706-233517_Chrome.jpg

Delta is so yesterday's news.  Onto lamba fears.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

These new mask mandates (or threats of mandates) are just stupid...especially when the vast majority of masks worn are very ineffective.  I'm vaccinated and done living under a worthless piece of cloth.

Edited by FKIM01

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

These new mask mandates (or threats of mandates) are just stupid...especially when the last majority of masks worn are very ineffective.  I'm vaccinated and done living under a worthless piece of cloth.

I said it early on. This pandemic would follow the normal distribution like all other respiratory diseases in recordable human history. I posted the most recent graphs. Looks like a normal 2 wave bell curve but what do I know?  

Edited by mrflynn03

The vaccine is now a top 50 cause of death in the US. 

Separately, I heard on the radio yesterday there are trials going on for a 3rd booster shot. Apparently adverse reactions are worse than from the second shot. People are dropping from the trial before a fourth shot. 

This will be important to follow for the rest of the year. 

Editted to add that after researching further, a large trial on the 3rd dose recently started in the UK. 

No surprise, Pfizer (trying to capitalize on variant fears?) just announced they will be seeking approval for the 3rd dose even though trial results are months away. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizer-ask-fda-authorize-booster-dose-covid-vaccine-delta-variant-spreads-2021-07-08/

Lastly, be aware some are saying efficacy declines after 6 months. While that may be true, efficacy against severe cases, hospitalizations and deaths still remains at 95%+.

I could see where getting a mild asymptomatic case after vaccination would be beneficial and possibly eliminate the need for further boosters. 

Edited by Reacher

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

The vaccine is now a top 50 cause of death in the US. 

There's no proof on any of those deaths though. They're basically just people who died within a few weeks of getting one of the shots. This is definitely not scientific data that it is a top 50 cause.

Here's a lady who was 89 and was in and out of hospice and died 5 days after getting the shot. The report even says it didn't think it was related.

I scrolled through a few pages of the listed deaths, and reports like that are all over.