Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Except for all the people dying because they didn't get vaccinated.

I'm not saying not to get vaccinated- especially older and at risk groups. It is more a point that if you have natural immunity, there is a much lower benefit to you from a vaccine and that should be weighed against the risks.

Were you making the same argument for the Flu vaccine?

Look at the stats-

Visual search query image

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/scientist-delta-variant-more-transmissible-not-more-deadly/

The CDC’s latest breakthrough numbers, as of July 25, show 6,587 fully vaccinated people with COVID breakthrough cases. Of those, 1,263 people died.

The vaccine didn't help them

NBC News contacted health agencies in 50 states and the District of Columbia to collect information on breakthrough cases, citing a lack of comprehensive data available from the CDC. Data collected from 38 states showed more than 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans tested positive for COVID, and 1,400 died.

Hmmm, Incomplete and inaccurate data... 6500 vs 125,000 break through cases! Hope that is not driving lockdown decisions.

The Delta variant that everyone is so worried about may be 20x less lethal than Covid.  Virus evolution 101 according to Brian Hooker, Ph.D., P.E., Children’s Health Defense chief scientific officer and professor of biology at Simpson University.

Anyone concerned that getting so many vaccinated may be leading to more vaccine resistant strains? https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaccinated-people-key-role-evolution-dangerous-covid-variants/

Early signs are that the Delta wave is peaking yet new restrictions are just starting. I went in Costco this week only to be given a mask and told that they are now mandatory.

When natural immunity counts equally as vaccine (as it does in Europe) I will know the science is outweighing the politics.

Edited by Reacher

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'm not saying not to get vaccinated- especially older and at risk groups. It is more a point that if you have natural immunity, there is a much lower benefit to you from a vaccine and that should be weighed against the risks.

Were you making the same argument for the Flu vaccine?

Look at the stats-

Visual search query image

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/scientist-delta-variant-more-transmissible-not-more-deadly/

The CDC’s latest breakthrough numbers, as of July 25, show 6,587 fully vaccinated people with COVID breakthrough cases. Of those, 1,263 people died.

NBC News contacted health agencies in 50 states and the District of Columbia to collect information on breakthrough cases, citing a lack of comprehensive data available from the CDC. Data collected from 38 states showed more than 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans tested positive for COVID, and 1,400 died.

Hmmm, Incomplete and inaccurate data... 6500 vs 125,000 break through cases! Hope that is not driving lockdown decisions.

The Delta variant that everyone is so worried about may be 20x less lethal than Covid.  Virus evolution 101 according to Brian Hooker, Ph.D., P.E., Children’s Health Defense chief scientific officer and professor of biology at Simpson University.

Anyone concerned that getting so many vaccinated may be leading to more vaccine resistant strains? https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaccinated-people-key-role-evolution-dangerous-covid-variants/

Early signs are that the Delta wave is peaking yet new restrictions are just starting. I went in Costco this week only to be given a mask and told that they are now mandatory.

When natural immunity counts equally as vaccine (as it does in Europe) I will know the science is outweighing the politics.

I may be all wet here and missing something but. are the #'s in that graph screwed up? It appears that the Fatality rate are expressed as decimal equivalents with a % sign behind them making the decimal in the wrong spot, making them seem more extreme  than actual. Then the Survival column is actually correct.

This that was intentional, or I'm missing something, or CDC can't even get simple #'s correct.

I will take my stupidity award if I am missing something.

46 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I may be all wet here and missing something but. are the #'s in that graph screwed up? It appears that the Fatality rate are expressed as decimal equivalents with a % sign behind them making the decimal in the wrong spot, making them seem more extreme  than actual. Then the Survival column is actually correct.

This that was intentional, or I'm missing something, or CDC can't even get simple #'s correct.

The middle % is definitely wrong.

Not sure if that graph was put out by the CDC, or if it was a 3rd party using CDC data.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

There's been how many COVID related deaths since early this year when vaccines were readily available? I'd say only 1263 deaths through July 25th is pretty darn good.

This is what was included in that data. It isn't like 1 out of 5 people who have a breakthrough case die.

"Reported data include hospitalized or fatal breakthrough cases due to any cause, including causes not related to COVID-19."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'll share the award with you. Are the two columns supposed to equal 100%? Then the infection/fatality rate should be 5.4% for the 70+ group. To me it looks like the decimal point should be moved two spaces to the right.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'll share the award with you. Are the two columns supposed to equal 100%? Then the infection/fatality rate should be 5.4% for the 70+ group. To me it looks like the decimal point should be moved two spaces to the right.

I think, yes. The two column are stating the same data, but from opposite ends of the measurement. i.e.. 1 % fail, BUT 99% pass. (or in this case .0001% fail (wrong!))

It just gets hinky when they post the fatality rate, as a # but then (either stupidly or intentionally to give a false feeling) throw the freaking % sign behind it. Little crap like this, in presentations just chap my azz. Brings all qualifications into question from the first 2 seconds of reading it, and then for the rest of the presentation the human mind concentrates on the bad data instead of anything else that is said. 

I've seen people use this "pshyop" intentionally when they know they are hozed, but still have to preform.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think the relevant question is though, if I've already had the disease (which I have) and can produce documentation that says my antibody count is high enough to protect me, why should I have to get vaccinated (and I am)?

That's a huge fight between government workers, their unions, and upper management. 

Currently, when employees go back to work (they have 3 separate dates...January 3rd for my group) if you have not been vaccinated, and you must attest to that fact...no documentation needed, BUT if you get caught lying about it, you'll be disciplined, up to and including being fired. If you haven't been vaccinated, you must submit to testing twice a week, no matter if your antibody count is at optimum levels...

Yeah, I don't understand why an antibody test doesn't carry as much weight as a vaccine...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

This is sad.  And not to diminish the report, but America has been lumbering down this road for a very long time.  Changing American eating habits is pretty much impossible.  JMHO.

True, but never good to throw gas on a fire...

I think we'll eventually look at the lockdowns as an overall negative when we consider things like childhood obesity, adult drug use/addiction numbers, and the mental health effects...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

BIL passed a little while ago today. He was only 39.

Really feel bad for my sister, married not even 2 years and she's out in Utah alone until the parents get there sometime tomorrow.  

Sorry to hear that...my prayers are with your family...

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Unbelievable...

The judge reversed his decision, but a judge doing this in the first place is ridiculous...

For those of you that don't think some people most certainly will take a mile, take note...

I have not once said the virus from China isn't real. But the tyranny that has been employed from the beginning.

If I was in charge, China would be a glass parking lot starting with the Yangzee River dam.  I would bomb them into oblivion.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have not once said the virus from China isn't real. But the tyranny that has been employed from the beginning.

If I was in charge, China would be a glass parking lot starting with the Yangzee River dam.  I would b9mb them into oblivion.

The reason they haven't been held accountable is 100% economics.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

BIL passed a little while ago today. He was only 39.

Really feel bad for my sister, married not even 2 years and she's out in Utah alone until the parents get there sometime tomorrow.  

So sorry.  Your sister and the entire family are in my prayers.

• Thanks 1

A Dr raises some good points here-

https://www.theepochtimes.com/whos-really-being-hospitalized_3963392.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=ZeroHedge

We have always known the #s are unreliable.

I think it was a mistake to over promote the vaccines as stopping / lessening transmission and a 98% effectiveness in preventing Covid. They obviously do lessen the severity and therefore deaths but they clearly aren't as effective as originally advertised at prevention or minimizing transmission. Would have been much more helpful if the CDC and others set clear expectations from the beginning. Boosters, especially if the formula hasn't changed to account for variants, don't seem to make much sense to me at this point.