Coronavirus

Reacher

48 minutes ago, Reacher said:

This is why Frances Collins resigned from the NIH. A month ago FOIA documents were released showing he lied. here is a tweet from a Rutgers chemical biologist (hope he is not a conspiracy theorist) laying it all out. Click thru and read the whole thread.

Interesting bit on Ebright on his Wikipedia page:

“Ebright has stated that the genome and properties of SARS-CoV-2 provide no basis to conclude the virus was engineered as a bioweapon,[51][52] but he also has stated that the possibility that the virus entered humans through a laboratory accident cannot be dismissed[53][54][55][56][57] and has called for a thorough investigation of the origin of the pandemic and for measures to reduce the risk of future pandemics.[58][59][60][61][62]

Despite what is being said, I'm confident that our spy agencies are a lot more suspicious about the bioweapon/gain of function stuff than they are admitting.  It's kind of like the police calling Brian Laundrie a person of interest but insisting he's not a suspect.

Riiiiiiiiiight...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

“Ebright has stated that the genome and properties of SARS-CoV-2 provide no basis to conclude the virus was engineered as a bioweapon,[51][52] but he also has stated that the possibility that the virus entered humans through a laboratory accident cannot be dismissed[53][54][55][56][57] and has called for a thorough investigation of the origin of the pandemic and for measures to reduce the risk of future pandemics.[58][59][60][61][62]

Not sure why you find that interesting. I think the consensus is that the virus was engineered at the WIV, not as a bioweapon (although that may be the case, there is currently no basis to conclude that as Ebright states), and likely escaped accidentally. That is where the preponderance of evidence points. I also would like an investigation- one to include Fauci, Daszak and Collins as they were actively involved. 

• Like 2

I'm aware that there are articles claiming "proof" that COVID19 is a "naturally occuring" virus.  I also think it's fair to say that not everyone agrees with that assessment.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/leaked-chinese-document-reveals-a-sinister-plan-to-unleash-coronaviruses/news-story/53674e8108ad5a655e07e990daa85465

https://nypost.com/2021/06/06/damning-science-shows-covid-19-likely-engineered-in-lab/

Again, I see very few people alleging it was released purposely and I don't think it was, but I see lots of circumstantial evidence that it was accidentally released...proximity to the lab, stories of very sick lab employees, unwillingness of the Chinese government to allow outside investigators access (until almost 18 months later)...

I think writing off the possibility of an engineered or manipulated virus at this stage is premature, naive, disingenuous or even a cover-up designed to keep the Chinese government calm for the time being.  When the smoke clears, I don't see the lab leak being ruled out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm aware that there are articles claiming "proof" that COVID19 is a "naturally occuring" virus.  I also think it's fair to say that not everyone agrees with that assessment.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/leaked-chinese-document-reveals-a-sinister-plan-to-unleash-coronaviruses/news-story/53674e8108ad5a655e07e990daa85465

https://nypost.com/2021/06/06/damning-science-shows-covid-19-likely-engineered-in-lab/

Again, I see very few people alleging it was released purposely and I don't think it was, but I see lots of circumstantial evidence that it was accidentally released...proximity to the lab, stories of very sick lab employees, unwillingness of the Chinese government to allow outside investigators access (until almost 18 months later)...

I think writing off the possibility of an engineered or manipulated virus at this stage is premature, naive, disingenuous or even a cover-up designed to keep the Chinese government calm for the time being.  When the smoke clears, I don't see the lab leak being ruled out.

Agreed. Here is one more-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/10/05/wuhan-us-scientists-planned-create-new-coronaviruses-funding/

"This means that they would take various sequences from similar coronaviruses and create a new sequence that is essentially the average of them. It would be a new virus sequence, not a 100 per cent match to anything," said the geneticist, who remains to wish anonymous for fear of reprisals.

"They would then synthesize the viral genome from the computer sequence, thus creating a virus genome that did not exist in nature but looks natural as it is the average of natural viruses," the source continued, adding "Then they put that RNA in a cell and recover the virus from it. This creates a virus that has never existed in nature, with a new 'backbone' that didn't exist in nature but is very, very similar as it's the average of natural backbones."

According to the WHO source, he and other scientists had been warned not to go on record with concerns over a lab leak.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

This is why Frances Collins resigned from the NIH. A month ago FOIA documents were released showing he lied. here is a tweet from a Rutgers chemical biologist (hope he is not a conspiracy theorist) laying it all out. Click thru and read the whole thread.

This is why Rand Paul was pushing Fauci so hard on capital hill. He knew he was lying and got him to say it on the record that they weren't funding gain of function. I'm sure Paul already had the smoking gun (documents) before hand. I'm sure nothing will happen to the "good" doctor but whatever.....it won't be covered by the main stream media. They have Fauci right up there next to this guy as the greatest men of 2020...

24cuomoemmy-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

1600938109_anthony-fauci.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Please tell me that People cover is a parody.  Up until recently, I would have absolutely labeled it as such, but with some of the ridiculous stuff I've seen in the last two years...😂😂😂

Yes, parody....I do think he was nominated or at least there was a big online petition to make him that though. lol

Edited by dgambill

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He looks like a geriatric Alfred E Newman on the Time cover...

Well my point isn't to make fun of him or anything....just that this man has been able to skate by basically unquestioned by the media since the beginning. Lot's of mistakes and now even more serious questions have come up that even Presidents in both parties have been scrutinized for and yet the media almost has a god-like fascination with him. I just don't count on a lot of push back is all and to me if you want the american people's trust..you have to dig into all these things or you will create natural distrust and push back. But it's 2021...dividing people seems to be the point.

6 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

The way that is worded, both could be true. It may not have been engineered with the purpose of being a weapon, but may have been modified/studied in a lab for other purposes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

The way that is worded, both could be true. It may not have been engineered with the purpose of being a weapon, but may have been modified/studied in a lab for other purposes. 

The other thing about engineering a bio-weapon is this. There would be multiple types of these weapons. One certainly would be to create the most lethal virus known to man that would kill people in the most efficient way possible. Another might be to create something that would simply incapacitate the enemy (causing illness/not necessarily death) to an enemies army to slow them down from advancing/deploy time/response time. Another and possibly in this instance you could be creating a weapon that would target their general population and create a pandemic reaction that would weaken their ability to mobilize because they would be focused on their homeland but also to cripple their economy. Both two and three don't have to be nearly as lethal as number one. In fact you might even want it to be non-lethal to hide evidence you perputrated the act or as not to create suspicion that you are about to attack. Natural looking virus would certainly help hide culpability and be much more covert and create plausible deniability.

So yes it very much likely this wasn't being studied/developed to be weaponized. If indeed it is a natural occurring virus that was however enhanced/altered to prevent outbreaks or study how natural non-human viruses can possibly jump from animal to human it makes sense to study what changes in a virus may have to happen and kind of use selective evolution (where we decide the outcomes of natural selection of the various virus mutations survive) to create a virus so we can then figure out a vaccine to have in case this is to ever happen in nature on it's own. This is to me the most logical scenario in which this situation happened. Basically in trying to prevent a future pandemic we created one. Never meant to get out but it did. That said the things these scientists have been clamoring for so they could receive permission to take these giant, quick leaps forward in vaccine evolution and basically having the worlds largest controlled study just so happen to have occurred....doesn't look good (even if completely by coincidence) and even if this wasn't something they created they are just like politicians...never let a crisis go to waste. They wasted no time in jumping in and taking advantage of the fear and keep flaming the fire so they could use this to push their agendas. The last thing I would say is that why in the world would countries trust China to carry out the testing/research. Not only do they have a horrible history with safety measures but everything is state owned. Anything that came out of there would be controlled by the govt and even if it wasn't a designed weapon it doesn't matter...they would use it for that if they thought they could...we are talking China here after all. Just like the issue with outsourcing so much of our medical, specialized electronic, and other strategic important production to China, it seems we did the same with our dangerous and ethically concerning scientific research as well.

• Like 2

The growth of fringe websites catering to conspiracy theories about vaccines empowers more insane people like this. 

‘Maryland man allegedly fatally shot his pharmacist brother for ‘killing people’ with the COVID vaccine, court records show”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-cr-burnham-follow-20211006-srubyenoujenvkd5igalidruwm-story.html

15 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

The growth of fringe websites catering to conspiracy theories about vaccines empowers more insane people like this. 

‘Maryland man allegedly fatally shot his pharmacist brother for ‘killing people’ with the COVID vaccine, court records show”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-cr-burnham-follow-20211006-srubyenoujenvkd5igalidruwm-story.html

The link brings me to HSN.....are you saying us?? lol!! You could be right lol!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Pfizer can ask for approval all they want. That “vaccine”will not come close to my child.

My holidays, golf outings, Monday night football at the IU lake property & random weekend cookouts are with friend and family some of whom are local btown docs. I fully trust them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yikes....hope everything turns out alright. Sure it won't be first or last. Those are pretty young kids...I know they want to push this on children but man....when there is basically a better chance those kids get ate by an alligator (in Indiana no less lol) than die of Covid I just don't see the need of doing this down the road. Prayers for the family....and the pharmacist. I'm sure they are distraught about the accident.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

That's what happens your big tech overlords censor all logical discussion on the topic.  People go elsewhere for information. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At my company, we are now having the issue of employees finding out that they will still get paid if they have covid. Once one guy had it and we told him he would be paid, chatter made its way around the company and now every week someone new is “sick”. We are a small family business and have survived through this entire thing, now people are taking advantage of us being nice and giving them pay while they are “sick”. 

We have to believe that they really are sick, but we know they aren’t. Not much we can do though. We shouldn’t have been nice from the start and payed the guys. I’m so ready for this entire thing to be over with. 

Edited by RoadToZion
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3