Coronavirus

Reacher

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think the economic impact of mandates is being underestimated. Alot of people in critical positions or with irreplaceable knowledge and experience are going to quit or retire early. Who will replace them?

The ordeal with Southwest should be a wake up call. 

You know the sad part about this is it is likely to have a cyclical effect. It basically speeds up the process where companies look at off shoring jobs and increasing their use of automation because of the staffing issues and all the cost of personnel increases etc. Big companies can afford these changes and technology moves etc but smaller/medium size companies then will have to react and very easily get squeezed out of the market as they can't afford to keep up. Not sure where all this goes in the end and not sure we as a country have a real sound fundamental solution to the problem....so if that is the case...why are we voluntarily taking measures to speed up the process. We should be trying to do the opposite and incentivize people to work and companies to hire and keep jobs here until we have a better handle on how we are going to navigate the future of the greater US labor markets. I'm not sure how our political figures can spin these things as a positive for the country, especially given the record level of debt Washington continues to rack up under both of these parties. Ugh...forgive me for my non-corona rabbit track.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You know the sad part about this is it is likely to have a cyclical effect. It basically speeds up the process where companies look at off shoring jobs and increasing their use of automation because of the staffing issues and all the cost of personnel increases etc. Big companies can afford these changes and technology moves etc but smaller/medium size companies then will have to react and very easily get squeezed out of the market as they can't afford to keep up. Not sure where all this goes in the end and not sure we as a country have a real sound fundamental solution to the problem....so if that is the case...why are we voluntarily taking measures to speed up the process. We should be trying to do the opposite and incentivize people to work and companies to hire and keep jobs here until we have a better handle on how we are going to navigate the future of the greater US labor markets. I'm not sure how our political figures can spin these things as a positive for the country, especially given the record level of debt Washington continues to rack up under both of these parties. Ugh...forgive me for my non-corona rabbit track.

Not sure if you are familiar with the Cloward-Piven strategy but it seems plausible its being followed to some extent. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not sure if you are familiar with the Cloward-Piven strategy but it seems plausible its being followed to some extent. 

Yeah...I honestly wasn't wanting to get too political (and hate to think that might be the case but it get's harder and harder to give the benefit of the doubt) but that is entirely a possibility. Add flooding the market with unskilled labor across the border...well you know. You look at what is going on with all the things and you can make a case for the govt take over of everything (healthcare crisis, energy/gas crisis looming, law enforcement crisis, your going to see another banking/housing crisis, social media/internet censoring crisis, transportation/supply chain crisis) it all can be looked at from that perspective and you could easily see the government come in for nationalized take over. It certainly could be theorized that could be the goal for some. Hate to say the thought has gone through my head.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2021 at 10:29 AM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Being a devoted American Airline customer, I hope that they (and all the rest) "not publicly" coordinate like this.

If anyone needs a ride, I've got 3 open seats :)

American Airlines with 250+ cancelations and 20% delayed (same % as Southwest). 

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled

image.thumb.png.fbf271207fb8f1677966ff1ed85747c7.png

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Reacher said:

American Airlines with 250+ cancelations and 20% delayed (same % as Southwest). 

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled

image.thumb.png.fbf271207fb8f1677966ff1ed85747c7.png

There is a reason for this. 

The company I work for hasn't required a mandate.

Instead they have a cash Drawing to incentive vaccination.

They know vaccine mandates will force people to quit. I could probably afford it but I like my job and would suck it up.

But people are quitting in droves. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and we wonder why people are skeptical about everything...🙄

(sarcasticly) Why would that be??? They posted the retraction on page 68 in 4 inch font beneath an ad for dog shampoo. Here is the title of the Retraction.

We screwed up again.....but I doubt you can read this to know.

Honestly, it isn't just the NYT, it's reporting everywhere....who cares if we are telling you the truth...we have a narrative to get across and facts be damned...nobody ever reads the retractions or waits to the end of a news report to get the retraction....people just read headlines and get their news in 1 min clips....then rush to the comment section to voice their opinions.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Reacher said:

Major study in Mexico shows benefits of ivermectin. Where are the US studies? 

https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/r93g4/

Large clinical trial to study repurposed drugs to treat COVID-19 symptoms

Using an ACTIV master protocol, the trial will focus on potential interventions for mild-to-moderate illness.

The National Institutes of Health will fund a large, randomized, placebo‑controlled Phase 3 clinical trial to test several existing prescription and over-the-counter medications for people to self-administer to treat symptoms of COVID-19. Part of the Accelerating COVID‑19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines (ACTIV) public–private partnership, the ACTIV-6 trial aims to provide evidence-based treatment options for the majority of adult patients with COVID-19 who have mild-to-moderate symptoms and are not sick enough to be hospitalized. NIH will provide an initial investment of $155 million in funding for the trial.

“While we’re doing a good job with treating hospitalized patients with severe disease, we don’t currently have an approved medication that can be self-administered to ease symptoms of people suffering from mild disease at home, and reduce the chance of their needing hospitalization,” said NIH Director Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D. “ACTIV-6 will evaluate whether certain drugs showing promise in small trials can pass the rigor of a larger trial.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Using an ACTIV master protocol, the trial will focus on potential interventions for mild-to-moderate illness.

The National Institutes of Health will fund a large, randomized, placebo‑controlled Phase 3 clinical trial to test several existing prescription and over-the-counter medications for people to self-administer to treat symptoms of COVID-19. Part of the Accelerating COVID‑19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines (ACTIV) public–private partnership, the ACTIV-6 trial aims to provide evidence-based treatment options for the majority of adult patients with COVID-19 who have mild-to-moderate symptoms and are not sick enough to be hospitalized. NIH will provide an initial investment of $155 million in funding for the trial.

“While we’re doing a good job with treating hospitalized patients with severe disease, we don’t currently have an approved medication that can be self-administered to ease symptoms of people suffering from mild disease at home, and reduce the chance of their needing hospitalization,” said NIH Director Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D. “ACTIV-6 will evaluate whether certain drugs showing promise in small trials can pass the rigor of a larger trial.”

Thanks. Good to see this. I scrolled through but did not see any estimates for completion. Hopefully we will see some results soon-and hopefully not see too much of a bias from the dozen drug companies involved. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

What took you so long?!!!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

Thanks. Good to see this. I scrolled through but did not see any estimates for completion. Hopefully we will see some results soon-and hopefully not see too much of a bias from the dozen drug companies involved. 

Hard to tell, I tend to trust the NIH overall, but am not as forgiving when it comes to drug companies. That’s the one type of research that I have never been involved with and never will. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, Reacher said:

Major study in Mexico shows benefits of ivermectin. Where are the US studies? 

https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/r93g4/

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=ivermectin&cond=COVID-19&map_cntry=US

These ^ are just the ones in the US, but the FDA is tracking 81 studies world wide. 

Are there any studies that show Ivermectin effective when not used as part of a medical' kit' or 'cocktail' that already contains drugs that have shown to be helpful against COIVD? 

Isn't this like saying "Viagara tends to cure my headache when used as part of an ibuprofen cocktail?" 😆 

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=ivermectin&cond=COVID-19&map_cntry=US

These ^ are just the ones in the US, but the FDA is tracking 81 studies world wide. 

Are there any studies that show Ivermectin effective when not used as part of a medical' kit' or 'cocktail' that already contains drugs that have shown to be helpful against COIVD? 

Isn't this like saying "Viagara tends to cure my headache when used as part of an ibuprofen cocktail?" 😆 

It might cure yours....but it will cause your wife's...I'd say probably not a winner.

Most of the early treatments with hydroxchloriquine and ivermectin had it included with a z-pak and vitamin cocktail....but I know monoclonal antibody treatment is also gaining in popularity.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 1

Does anyone use openvaers? https://openvaers.com/ I didn't want to sign up if it isn't considered reputable etc. I know it is based off individual reports and not doctor/hospital so I wondered if we think people are misreporting etc. Thank you to those with their opinions.

COVID Vaccine Data

All VAERS Reports

FAQ

VAERS is the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System put in place in 1990. It is a voluntary reporting system that has been estimated to account for only 1% (see the Lazarus Report) of vaccine injuries. OpenVAERS is built from the HHS data available for download at vaers.hhs.gov.

The OpenVAERS Project allows browsing and searching of the reports without the need to compose an advanced search (more advanced searches can be done at medalerts.org or vaers.hhs.gov).

REPORTS OF VACCINE ADVERSE EVENTS IN VAERS

16,766 COVID Vaccine Reported Deaths / 25,799 Total Reported Deaths

79,669 Total COVID Vaccine Reported Hospitalizations/157,708 Total Reported Hospitalizations

798,634 COVID Vaccine Adverse Event Reports

Through October 08, 2021

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Does anyone use openvaers? https://openvaers.com/ I didn't want to sign up if it isn't considered reputable etc. I know it is based off individual reports and not doctor/hospital so I wondered if we think people are misreporting etc. Thank you to those with their opinions.

COVID Vaccine Data

All VAERS Reports

FAQ

VAERS is the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System put in place in 1990. It is a voluntary reporting system that has been estimated to account for only 1% (see the Lazarus Report) of vaccine injuries. OpenVAERS is built from the HHS data available for download at vaers.hhs.gov.

The OpenVAERS Project allows browsing and searching of the reports without the need to compose an advanced search (more advanced searches can be done at medalerts.org or vaers.hhs.gov).

REPORTS OF VACCINE ADVERSE EVENTS IN VAERS

16,766 COVID Vaccine Reported Deaths / 25,799 Total Reported Deaths

79,669 Total COVID Vaccine Reported Hospitalizations/157,708 Total Reported Hospitalizations

798,634 COVID Vaccine Adverse Event Reports

Through October 08, 2021

It's safe.  You can't trust anything on the internet, especially if it claims anything other than what you watch or read from MMS.  

• Thanks 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10102919/Chicago-restricts-cops-taking-time-city-prepares-ax-unvaccinated-6-500-officers.html

Really getting ugly between the Chicago Mayor and the police. Interesting way to thank the first responders who were on the Covid frontlines. 

"In Chicago, police have reported more than 3,200 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among officers since the start of the pandemic" - https://www.npr.org/2021/05/08/994996869/chicago-police-show-low-vaccination-numbers

It makes sense (to me) that if so many have already have had it, they may not feel the vaccine is needed. With the Mayor constantly ignoring her own rules and mandates (latest photo of her maskless in a big crowd at the Chicago Sky WNBA game), science is not being followed here.  With 40% of the force eligible for a pension and a very thankless environment, the only winners here are going to be the criminals.

The IL governor pushed back the vaccine mandate for state employees until the end of Nov. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1