Coronavirus

Reacher

I'm in favor of trying to convince people to be vaccinated. Use incentives, logical arguments, true facts and risk analysis, and any other means short of mandates. I personally draw the line there. The mandates and the firings that are resulting are only serving to further divide us as a nation and to foster additional ill will among people who feel that the government is over stepping its boundaries.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 9:09 AM, Reacher said:

How can he be sure it's from the vaccine? My daughter  at 23 had Covid in Aug 2020 it hit her hard. 4 months later started developing blood clots. She got vaccinated when it became available for her.

A guy in our church was contact traced and needed 2 negative tests to go back to work. Without any symptoms he tested positive multiple times. Never even had as much as aheadache from Covid. He does not think he needs vaccine he is in 40's and healthy.  Now he is dealing with blood clots. 

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

How can he be sure it's from the vaccine? My daughter  at 23 had Covid in Aug 2020 it hit her hard. 4 months later started developing blood clots. She got vaccinated when it became available for her.

A guy in our church was contact traced and needed 2 negative tests to go back to work. Without any symptoms he tested positive multiple times. Never even had as much as aheadache from Covid. He does not think he needs vaccine he is in 40's and healthy.  Now he is dealing with blood clots. 

The jabs are causing strokes and blood clots as well.  CDC has the warnings on their web page... I know 3 people who have had strokes within 2 days or so of their jabs. 1 died, the other 2 did not. But i do meet the one fella on job sites occasionally.  He gets around decent, but drags his left leg when he walks.

13 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The blood clots could be caused by the virus, or the vaccine, or it's just a coincidence. Either way it sucks and people always look for an explanation or something to blame when something bad happens. Especially when it's something that has been as controversial as covid and the vaccine. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I cannot even imagine the human toll of the Delta variant if we didn't have the vaccines.  Chances are some of us would no longer be posting.

I made a comment relating to this a few pages back. Look at the havoc the delta variant created with, what, 75% of our population with natural immunity and/or vaccinated? Hospitals still filled up, especially in areas with lower vaccination rates. We certainly are lucky the Alpha didn't pack as much viral load or we would've been in a world of hurt without the protection of a vaccine.  

• Like 2

Dad now has post-vaccination COVID.  I asked him to talk to his doctor about the infusion and he's getting that this afternoon.  So far, it's like a sinus infection for him with a little fatigue and fever.  Hope Moderna keeps it from going downhill, but he's almost 80, so his son worries a bit.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Dad now has post-vaccination COVID.  I asked him to talk to his doctor about the infusion and he's getting that this afternoon.  So far, it's like a sinus infection for him with a little fatigue and fever.  Hope Moderna keeps it from going downhill, but he's almost 80, so his son worries a bit.

Prayers for him. At his age the immune system is just not as robust as healthier younger person...even if he is in relatively good shape for his age. Prayers all the treatments/vaccines do their job! 🙏

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Sorry to hear that...my prayers are with your father and your family...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Prayers going up for him and your family

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Prayers sent 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Praying for him.  Just be thankful that he chose to get the vaccine when he had the chance.  While not foolproof, it certainly should mitigate most of the symptoms.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Prayers for your dad.  Hope he recovers.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, cthomas said:

I'm in favor of trying to convince people to be vaccinated. Use incentives, logical arguments, true facts and risk analysis, and any other means short of mandates. I personally draw the line there. The mandates and the firings that are resulting are only serving to further divide us as a nation and to foster additional ill will among people who feel that the government is over stepping its boundaries.

I am not anti vax, consider me hesitant.  Haven't got it, but I won't lose my job over it. If they require it I will begrudgingly do it. But I will refuse a Vax pass completely.

I work for a contract company producing covid vaccines. So far no mandate to get one. They have provided them for free.  

So my question is why so many exemptions in .gov, Pharma, politifools having rules for thee but not for me?  Quit listening to these people. They aren't smart and know nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I am not anti vax, consider me hesitant.  Haven't got it, but I won't lose my job over it. If they require it I will begrudgingly do it. But I will refuse a Vax pass completely.

I work for a contract company producing covid vaccines. So far no mandate to get one. They have provided them for free.  

So my question is why so many exemptions in .gov, Pharma, politifools having rules for thee but not for me?  Quit listening to these people. They aren't smart and know nothing. 

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a realistic expectation to expect consistency of policy in such a fractured political state and society. That horse has left the barn several years ago. Our political classes are at war with each other over $$$$. That’s literally all they care about. And they want to keep us at each other’s throats so they can sell their hate and policies. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a realistic expectation to expect consistency of policy in such a fractured political state and society. That horse has left the barn several years ago. Our political classes are at war with each other over $$$$. That’s literally all they care about. And they want to keep us at each other’s throats so they can sell their hate and policies. 

I will say it's frustrating that nobody in either of the 2 parties seems to be 'for' anything; it's all about what they are against. People are solely winning elections on what they are against without putting any meaningful or realistic policies forward. We're not going to get very far with that attitude. Even if you are against big government, we still need the government to function, to some degree.

Jeez, even officials within their own political parties compromising isn't an option; they all want to take their ball and go home if they don't get 100% of what they want. I wonder where these younger generations are learning their sense of entitlement from? Our supposed leaders? 

The overall strategy of toeing the line to get votes is just pathetic. But we don't hold any of our elected officials to be accountable and the truth is we don't want to. Nobody likes to admit it, but a society's elected officials is a mirror of itself. Sure we like to blame politicians, the media, social media, etc. and that wouldn't be wrong. But a huge portion of the problem lies within. We've officially turned into the United States of Gas Lighters. I think the next national campaign message needs to be: "Let's take a deep breath and relax for a second." (but of course that'd be met with fury...haha)

Sorry for the rant. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was just checking some other state data for the first time in a while.  Was surprised to see Florida back down to May/June infection levels. Hopefully, that bodes well for the rest of the country.

image.png.6262413e1754e3dc2327f3176d61f0e8.png

Took me almost 15 minutes to get out of our community. So many people out walking, riding bikes, jogging....and not enough room on the sidewalks so they are all in the road. When the weather get's nicer like it's doing people get out of their houses, into fresh air, exercise, get vitamin D, dine outdoors, go to the park instead of inside crowded recirculated air. Vaccinations have of course gone up. We had a huge influx of positive cases with tracking teenagers when they went back to school. That has been going down. It was rough for a bit...a lot of foreigners UK/EU traveled over here this summer because they couldn't come last year during season etc for their vacations...brought a lot of Delta with them. Finally not to be political but we also have been consistently dumped with illegals from the border on nightly flights as the government has been consistently flying and busing them into the state. These are unvaccinated and untested individuals that were immediately introduced into our state and into those communities and the numbers I had seen was that blacks and hispanics were testing positive at about 2x the rate as whites as their communities were getting waves of immigrants introduced. Obviously the worst outcomes were still with our elderly...as our state has a very high retirement age community and those in nursing homes. Even vaccinated it has become common occurance to hear of stories almost daily of vaxed individuals still dying in this age group because even with the shots the immune system still wasn't creating a robust reaction as needed to fight it off. This virus really really attacks inflamation and well what old person doesn't already have a lot of that.

2 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

I will say it's frustrating that nobody in either of the 2 parties seems to be 'for' anything; it's all about what they are against. People are solely winning elections on what they are against without putting any meaningful or realistic policies forward. We're not going to get very far with that attitude. Even if you are against big government, we still need the government to function, to some degree.

Jeez, even officials within their own political parties compromising isn't an option; they all want to take their ball and go home if they don't get 100% of what they want. I wonder where these younger generations are learning their sense of entitlement from? Our supposed leaders? 

The overall strategy of toeing the line to get votes is just pathetic. But we don't hold any of our elected officials to be accountable and the truth is we don't want to. Nobody likes to admit it, but a society's elected officials is a mirror of itself. Sure we like to blame politicians, the media, social media, etc. and that wouldn't be wrong. But a huge portion of the problem lies within. We've officially turned into the United States of Gas Lighters. I think the next national campaign message needs to be: "Let's take a deep breath and relax for a second." (but of course that'd be met with fury...haha)

Sorry for the rant. 

I know we have a rule against political speech here, but I hope you'll allow me to make what I believe are a few very non-partisan points here...

In the end, it's all about power and control and entrenched politicians, bureaucrats (and a few select elites) maintaining that power and control.  They'll do whatever necessary to stay in power...lie to us, scare us and pit us against each other (the divide and conquer strategy).  Mainstream and social media has partnered up with them to spread their divisive and untruthful/misleading messages.  Most of their legislation they tell us is to "protect us" is really designed to take power and control from the people and move that power and control to our politicians, bureaucrats and a few select elites that work with them.

No question, those in power (and those wanting that power) have used a pandemic to further their political goals.  You can see it in the vast majority of our "leaders" and we need to be asking ourselves every time a politician or talking head speaks..."what's in it for them?"  Very, very few politicians are really as selfless as they'd have you believe they are and very, very few mainstream and social media leaders are really interested in the truth.  Almost all are interested in bending the truth to further their agendas. 

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I genuinely believe that the power to change this destructive dynamic lies with we, the people.  As voters, we need to demand term limits for our politicians and more accountability from our bureaucrats.  As news consumers, we need to demand a bias-free source of information (they really used to exist, kids!  I can remember watching newscasters and having no idea if they were Democrat/Republican or liberal/conservative...they just told the story and let the viewers decide how they felt about it!).  Despite a recent graphic portraying a spectrum of news organizations and pretending a few were truly in the middle, I've seen little evidence to support that hypothesis and I can easily find plenty of bias in any news source I watch or read today.  I think there would be tremendous demand for straight-up news and I'm amazed that all news organizations have fallen into the bias trap.  Every story I read today seems to have a pre-determined conclusion, rather than allowing me to draw my own.  In desperation, I tried Smart News and found it was simply an aggregator of a variety of news sources, reflecting the overall bias of the press.  I can only consume "news" with a good dose of skepticism today and there's no wonder that many Americans (myself included) distrust what they read and see.  If we can ever get control of our government and get an unbiased source of information, we might have a chance to be the kind of nation we are capable of being.  I'm not holding my breath...just watching with a lot of skepticism and trying to draw my own conclusions on where the truth really lies.

With similar apologies, there's the end of my rant. 

Edited by FKIM01
grammar
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Sorry for the rant. 

It won't change....what are we doing to the current kids as little as elementary age.....we are teaching them to segregate from one another based on a vaccine. I don't want you to sit/play/study/talk to that kid and his family because he/she isn't vaccinated or I don't want you going to school with those other kids who are different. Telling them to fear them, they are dumb, inferior, not clean etc based on a vaccination status. On the other side parents pulling kids out of school, yelling at people who wear a mask, or telling their kids that those vaccinated are just sheep/brainwashed etc etc. That's the example we are setting and it's starting in Kindergarten if not earlier.....and well I won't even go into what we are teaching kids concerning CRT further setting kids against one another calling some oppressors and others victim and basing it off things that happened almost 200 years ago. I won't go there but you are right and it isn't changing anytime soon until this country has a HEART transplant. I hope I don't get in trouble but I'll say it. Christian or not, Jesus taught some valuable lessons. Not the least is this... 

"Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. ' This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Asked who was his neighbor and he told the parable of the Good Samaritan. I'll save you the story because I know you've likely heard it but remember in Jewish culture a Samaritan was basically hated and viewed as half-blood who Jesus said is the neighbor and makes the hero of the story...not the Priest/Levites who would have been identifiable with the Jews but an enemy. We have to stop looking at our fellow American's who think differently as enemies and see them as our neighbors worthy of love.

There are countless modern parallels to the Jewish-Samaritan enmity—indeed, wherever peoples are divided by racial and ethnic barriers. Perhaps that’s why the Gospels and Acts provide so many instances of Samaritans coming into contact with the message of Jesus. It is not the person from the radically different culture on the other side of the world that is hardest to love, but the nearby neighbor whose skin color, language, rituals, values, ancestry, history, and customs are different from one’s own.

When we can learn to love our neighbors as referenced above again...this nation will change and likely see good days to come...if not well this stuff will just get worse and worse. I do truly apologize but I don't know any other way that our current crisis of hatred/vitriol on both sides can be solved.