Coronavirus

Reacher

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That's about 45 minutes from where I live, and it has snowed here most of the day.  Nothing really sticking, just a constant light snow.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That's about 45 minutes from where I live, and it has snowed here most of the day.  Nothing really sticking, just a constant light snow.

North or south?  They have about 1-2 inches of accumulation at their house. 

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just got an e-mail from our Pastor.  He is cancelling services to at least the start of April.  And is working on setting up a live video for Sunday's service on our church's web site.

My church is at least cancelling this week's services

3 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Our pastor as well but we've had telecast ever since we started going. 

Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Normally, I am receiving play lists for the upcoming service. Even here in rural GA today I received tex 

20 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Our pastor as well but we've had telecast ever since we started going. 

Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Thank you for the share. I am so greatful that we have so many people across this great country of ours, willing to help, during this time of stress.

Tammy and I ventured to Warsaw this afternoon to do some shopping.

Walmart---no toilet paper, no milk, no bread, a few carton of eggs, and a few containers of milk.

Menards---no toilet paper(they sell it here)

Martins---plenty of toilet paper, milk, bread, and eggs...but sold out of potatoes.

Stock and Field(bought out Big R)---plenty of toilet paper and ammo.

Plenty of bottled water at all stores.

Some pics...

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

West Virginia has reported no cases of Coronavirus.......but just cancelled schools.

Yeah. I saw a map of the states impacted by the virus on tv this morning. And was surprised that West Virginia was the ONLY state not reporting any cases.  Must be that moonshine.  LOL

The 8 Best Places To Get Moonshine In West Virginia

Edited by milehiiu

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Tammy and I ventured to Warsaw this afternoon to do some shopping.

Walmart---no toilet paper, no milk, no bread, a few carton of eggs, and a few containers of milk.

Menards---no toilet paper(they sell it here)

Martins---plenty of toilet paper, milk, bread, and eggs...but sold out of potatoes.

Stock and Field(bought out Big R)---plenty of toilet paper and ammo.

Plenty of bottled water at all stores.

Some pics...

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Looks exactly like what my wife saw in Jasper.  So far smaller towns around us and the one we live in haven't been cleaned out yer. Only a matter of time. You have more eggs. 

Eggs and chicken are gone where I am. 

Edited by mrflynn03

8 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Kids are ecstatic everywhere 

My grandson has already asked if he can fly to see Grammy! (my ex)  My Daughter-in law a third grade teacher out of work due to the virus has already offered to help home school him! Life is good when you have a family growing up under you better than the family you grew up in!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

North and a little west.  Maybe they got a little more so it could build up some.

So you actually know where Potomac is?  I thought I lived in a small town till I met my wife.

The look on my wifes face when she first saw my high school gym was priceless.  She is from Illinois and didn't understand how serious Hoosiers are about basketball.

31 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Looks exactly like what my wife saw in Jasper.  So far smaller towns around us and the one we live in haven't been cleaned out yer. Only a matter of time. You have more eggs. 

Eggs and chicken are gone where I am. 

No chicken in our local grocery store. Per my wife.  We can order eggs from our dairy that delivers every Thursday. Thinking of ordering next week. Just  to see if they have any.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you for the share. I am so greatful that we have so many people across this great country of ours, willing to help, during this time of stress.

I live in Loogootee, small town in Indiana, and a house down the street has what they call a blessing box for food donations.  With all the school cancellations my wonderful wife thought it would be a good idea to donate some food so the kids that rely on school food have something at home. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I live in Loogootee, small town in Indiana, and a house down the street has what they call a blessing box for food donations.  With all the school cancellations my wonderful wife thought it would be a good idea to donate some food so the kids that rely on school food have something at home. 

I know about Loogootee.   We have a friend who is in her 80's. That my wife takes to church on Sundays.  Wife called her today  to tell her that church has been cancelled. And asked if she needed anything from the grocery store.  And our friend said that her younger neighbors have been  knocking on her door, and bringing grocery needs back to her. 

This is what America is all about. People helping others out, when needed.

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So you actually know where Potomac is?  I thought I lived in a small town till I met my wife.

The look on my wifes face when she first saw my high school gym was priceless.  She is from Illinois and didn't understand how serious Hoosiers are about basketball.

I have seen the signs for Potomoc while driving  I-74  back forth between Iowa and Indiana.

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I know about Loogootee.   We have a friend who is in her 80's. That my wife takes to church on Sundays.  Wife called her today  to tell her that church has been cancelled. And asked if she needed anything from the grocery store.  And our friend said that her younger neighbors have been  knocking on her door, and bringing grocery needs back to her. 

This is what America is all about. People helping others out, when needed.

Yes. When the chips are down Americans take care of each other. Regardless of what they may believe. How it should and always be.

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

When going to visit my wifes parents we take the I-74 exit at oakwood to the north. Exit 206 I think. 

I googled Potomoc and saw that it is on highway 136.  The town I am from in Indiana is on 136.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

We always played Armstrong-Potomac when I was growing up.  One of my best sports memories was against them in baseball.