Coronavirus

Reacher

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Okay.  Maybe it's been there for a while and I just haven't noticed.  But, I have this App on my Android that must have come through with a recent update.  It's called 'Covid 19 Exposure Notifications'.  Is this something the phone companies have done that is common knowledge and I'm just been living in a cage?   It's currently showing turned off, and I'm assuming I want to leave it that way. I'm assuming I-Phones have something similar.  

Anyone know anything about this App?  What's it's purpose, beyond the obvious tease in the title?

It's a contact tracing app.  If you turn on location services, and you come into contact with some who has their app turned on and they reported they were positive, you will be contacted and given instructions on what to do.

I think you have to open the app and opt In though. 

Edited by mrflynn03

57 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Residential mortgage delinquencies are the highest in 21yrs too. I think 8.3% was the number.

I expect to be buying stock on sale pretty soon. 

What's coming economically can not be good in the next 2-3 months for a LOT of people.

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Greatest stock buying period of our lives was around March 23rd. I'm sure they'll be another but not at those levels. Apple, Penn National, Mercadolibre, Beyond Meat are just a few I rolled with. Shoot even standard equity based mutual funds returned 50-60% from March 23rd to now....tons of people getting filthy out there. 

Yep, I purchased 100 shares of Apple when it fell to $300 in the beginning of March and then cursed my decision everyday when it kept falling to $230. Knew it would come back eventually.

My wife also purchased 100 shares of Apple, BUT she bought 50 shares at $280 and another 50 at $250. She does not follow the stock market AT ALL and she beat me soundly.

Apple closed at around $463 today, so we've been pretty happy about those purchases. I totally missed BYND when it blew up though. That was a heck of a ride!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

What's coming economically can not be good in the next 2-3 months for a LOT of people.

Yep, I purchased 100 shares of Apple when it fell to $300 in the beginning of March and then cursed my decision everyday when it kept falling to $230. Knew it would come back eventually.

My wife also purchased 100 shares of Apple, BUT she bought 50 shares at $280 and another 50 at $250. She does not follow the stock market AT ALL and she beat me soundly.

Apple closed at around $463 today, so we've been pretty happy about those purchases. I totally missed BYND when it blew up though. That was a heck of a ride!

I bought a thousand shares of Enron back in the mid-90's.  Not really paid attention to how it's doing,  Now that you brought up your windfall, I think I'll check to see how my investment is doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Not to derail this thread but I've been an Apple guy since 2004/05. Most recently though I bought at $275, $250, and $225.....won't ever be disappointed in 100% returns inside of 5 months. Ever. Irrational overselling gave us an opportunity of a lifetime. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

lt-dan-got-me-invested-in-some-kind-of-fruit-company-dont-have-to-worry-about-money-no-more.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to derail this thread but I've been an Apple guy since 2004/05. Most recently though I bought at $275, $250, and $225.....won't ever be disappointed in 100% returns inside of 5 months. Ever. Irrational overselling gave us an opportunity of a lifetime. 

I bought Apple back when it was $120....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I bought Apple back when it was $120....

Plenty have. All sorts of Apple stories out there. Shoot my first stock purchase in 1987 was Apple and Lam Research who made semi conductor chips before 98% of the world knew what that actually was. 

I'll get back on coronavirus talk. Didn't mean to turn this into a stock thread!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's a contact tracing app.  If you turn on location services, and you come into contact with some who has their app turned on and they reported they were positive, you will be contacted and given instructions on what to do.

I think you have to open the app and opt In though. 

Here's the full Android story...

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9888358?

And yes, Apple has put it on iPhones as well...

• Like 1

File this under the not sure if it's good news or bad news. Good friend wanted to move her 2 sons down to IU. Of course they were tested...both fine. She got herself tested just in case (not sure if IU is requiring parents who move kids in to be tested) and came back positive.

She's got a pretty successful real estate agency here in town. Never felt any symptoms, never missed any work or exercise all of these months. Can't tell you the hundreds she's in contact with each week. 

Good news she did the right thing to get tested. Bad news she's convinced now that it's truly no big deal because she hasn't felt any different. I'm sure many are in her situation. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

File this under the not sure if it's good news or bad news. Good friend wanted to move her 2 sons down to IU. Of course they were tested...both fine. She got herself tested just in case (not sure if IU is requiring parents who move kids in to be tested) and came back positive.

She's got a pretty successful real estate agency here in town. Never felt any symptoms, never missed any work or exercise all of these months. Can't tell you the hundreds she's in contact with each week. 

Good news she did the right thing to get tested. Bad news she's convinced now that it's truly no big deal because she hasn't felt any different. I'm sure many are in her situation. 

She should get retested with a different type of test. let us know if it was a false positive. 

• Like 1

Look for an outbreak in Bloomington. I drove around a bit yesterday to see what was going on. on one block there were 4 parties. one had 30 kids in the front yard playing beer pong. not one person had a mask on. Saw maybe 15 parties around campus. I give it 2 weeks and IU will be shut down.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Did the test show she was actively infected, or was she showing anti-bodies indicating she had it at some point in the past?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Look for an outbreak in Bloomington. I drove around a bit yesterday to see what was going on. on one block there were 4 parties. one had 30 kids in the front yard playing beer pong. not one person had a mask on. Saw maybe 15 parties around campus. I give it 2 weeks and IU will be shut down.

I saw the video of someone driving by the parties on Twitter. I've been taking this thing as seriously as anyone, but it's crazy to expect college kids to socially distance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Did the test show she was actively infected, or was she showing anti-bodies indicating she had it at some point in the past?

Actively infected. Been trading some texts with her today. She's getting hit hard I guess. Was fine...doing her thing,etc.....and now today can't breathe, shakes, loss of smell,etc....I didn't keep asking much because want her to focus on getting better but scary stuff. 

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

I saw the video of someone driving by the parties on Twitter. I've been taking this thing as seriously as anyone, but it's crazy to expect college kids to socially distance.

Yep. That's what kids do. What do these schools think is going to happen? Trust me if I'm 18-21 down at Bloomington I'm in the middle of those scenes too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Yeah, hormones don't take stuff like COVID seriously at all...

Cruel world right now...

• Like 1