Coronavirus

Reacher

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I truly hope the extreme measures being taken keep this below 50%.  

And, if it does last 8 weeks, the impacts to the economy will be staggering.  Small businesses simply cannot survive that kind of layoff.

The small business owner is critical to the economy. They, and their employees,  will be hit hard. Especially those in food, retail, hospitality, tourism, and energy related fields.  Do your best to support your local businesses. The big chains will make it out ok.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Goldman Sachs is saying 50% of the US population (and 70% in Germany) may get this and it should peak within 8 weeks. 

Saw that as well. And all along I thought Goldman was an investment and financial company. When did they switch over to be a medical advisory company ?  Seems I missed that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Thanks for the follow up. It kind of raises more questions then it answers. I only referenced the one point. Would be nice of them to point to what they are now saying is erroneous. 

Your post is probably exactly what they said, but they just didn't want it public...

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Saw that as well. And all along I thought Goldman was an investment and financial company. When did they switch over to be a medical advisory company ?  Seems I missed that.

That's Dr Goldman and Dr Sachs to us...😉

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

OK man, stop here. This is really unnecessary. Blue already covered the points we're making here. Stop looking for an argument.

Whoa there, I never was looking for a argument.  I will gladly step aside at any given point in time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Having a child with a very compromised immune system,  this virus has my full attention.  W

As having a wife with underlying health issues as it does me as well. Yet. Neither of us can stop life from going on.  Can we ?

I'd like to apologize. I wanted to answer hoopsters question, but understood that my answer might seem political, which is why I tried to keep it short. In hindsight, I should have elaborated on what I was saying, as the attempted brevity proved to be the Crux of the problem. 

Also, for the record, I have no agenda here. I merely referred to people and entities as best I could while trying to use terms with the least political charge to them, though I'm not sure there are any terms that fit that criteria these days. I was also trying to just relay information factually, at least that was my intent. I can see now I should have elaborated on what I posted to make that more clear.

I firmly reject the implication, though, that I was trying to stoke a political argument or be partisan in any way. I can see now how some took my post that way, but it was truly not my intention.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I'd like to apologize. I wanted to answer hoopsters question, but understood that my answer might seem political, which is why I tried to keep it short. In hindsight, I should have elaborated on what I was saying, as the attempted brevity proved to be the Crux of the problem. 

Also, for the record, I have no agenda here. I merely referred to people and entities as best I could while trying to use terms with the least political charge to them, though I'm not sure there are any terms that fit that criteria these days. I was also trying to just relay information factually, at least that was my intent. I can see now I should have elaborated on what I posted to make that more clear.

I firmly reject the implication, though, that I was trying to stoke a political argument or be partisan in any way. I can see now how some took my post that way, but it was truly not my intention.

Well what did you expect when you threw "conservative" out there?  Really?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Having a child with a very compromised immune system,  this virus has my full attention.  W

Yep. Little Keet doesn’t have a compromised immune system, but he has been hospitalized three times in about 1.5 years with pneumonia so we’re being extremely careful with him.  

Lifting up a prayer now for you and your little man in this time to stay healthy and safe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Well what did you expect when you threw "conservative" out there?  Really?

All I can say is that I meant it in a denotative way, but it was apparently inferred as connotative. Honestly, and again, I'm sorry. I should have just let the question go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

All I can say is that I meant it in a denotative way, but it was apparently inferred as connotative. Honestly, and again, I'm sorry. I should have just let the question go.

It is OK....I am "liberal" when it comes to things like this!  LOL

Here is a site with a ton of information.  A lot of great charts, graphs, numbers, trends, etc. 

You can look at entire world, or filter by country.  I encourage you to dig into this info.  It will be telling if the US starts trending down in the same general timeframe South Korea did, or if our numbers spike like most of Europe has.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Thanks 2

Seriously need an economic relief plan for people right now. I'm the last person to advocate .Gov tossing money around. But if they are going to shut everything down and force people out of work I'm all for helping them through. My wife and I are lucky to have a good support system but alot are not so lucky.  

But the douchebags(all 535 of them)in congress will pork up any type of plan and it will get tossed around for weeks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

So I have a co-worker in a VERY difficult place tonight. His son was at school in Germany and also visited Italy. His son arrives back in the States tonight. They have no idea what the quarantine policy will be. The other side of the story, even if he could see his son, that would be a very bad thing as our boss is a blood cancer survivor with no immune system! Being Manufacturing Engineers we can't stay home and do our jobs. Myself even if they shut the plant down I will still be managing  the tooling program being built in China and can actually do 90% of my job from home but I still need direct access to the company server in order get to the product designs! Difficult times ahead!

I work for the 2nd largest egg producer in the US. I work in a microbiology lab. We operate 7 days a week producing liquid and shell egg products.  Have egg layer chickens laying 3,000,000 eggs a day 7 days a week at my facility but there are so many more, even have one in Hawaii.

I am responsible for producing results that allow 250,000+ lbs of retail and industrial liquid egg product a WEEK to go out the door. My employer estimates that each employee feeds egg products to over 3000 a day. 

I have to go to work. Except for sunday when I hit a pothole on HWY 50 and bent a wheel so bad it wouldn't hold air.  But I have crappy anti theft lugnut and my special socket broke. Moral of the story, have normal adult lugnuts. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1