Coronavirus

Reacher

45 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I got my 2nd shot yesterday.  Nothing too bad for side effects.  Feel a little lethargic, and a little bit of chills, but nothing much.  Part of my issue might be that my dog woke me up during the night a few times.  Hopefully I can sleep better tonight and feel better tomorrow.

We did have a couple teachers who had side effects bad enough they took today off.  I guess one of them was in pretty bad shape last night and went to the ER.

Dang, that’s rough. But glad you came thought it okay. If you ahven’t had anything bad yet, you’ll be fine. 

11 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

On the right side, there is a drop down tab so you can change the order.  The one the link goes to is sorted by relevance, but you can change it to alphabetically.  It also changes the address when you click a new way to sort, so it is @Lostin76's fault for posting the link that went there.  Perhaps this time it is appropriate to shoot the messenger? 🔫

Alphabetical link

Ha, yes shoot away. I can handle it! It’s a pretty nice tool though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Dang, that’s rough. But glad you came thought it okay. If you ahven’t had anything bad yet, you’ll be fine. 

Ha, yes shoot away. I can handle it! It’s a pretty nice tool though. 

Since I got home from work, I've been freezing. Laying on my couch with 2 thick layers of clothes and 2 heavy blankets and can't get warm. A little achy, but not unbearable. Just hope I can get somewhat warm before bed so I can actually sleep tonight. 

I think my mind was busy enough at work that I didn't notice it as much, but it definitely hit since then.

The teacher who went to the ER, it sounds like it was actually a blessing. I guess it triggered something else that was wrong with her that she didn't know about.

13 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Since I got home from work, I've been freezing. Laying on my couch with 2 thick layers of clothes and 2 heavy blankets and can't get warm. A little achy, but not unbearable. Just hope I can get somewhat warm before bed so I can actually sleep tonight. 

I think my mind was busy enough at work that I didn't notice it as much, but it definitely hit since then.

The teacher who went to the ER, it sounds like it was actually a blessing. I guess it triggered something else that was wrong with her that she didn't know about.

How did you fare last night? Among the people I’ve talked to, the chills and body ache seem to be the main issues.

35 minutes ago, Reacher said:

This is Merck's opinion of their own vaccine they were developing.  It does not mean that the vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, etc. are not effective.  As it stands, they have no choice to move on in a different direction, because they are so far behind, it would not be cost effective for them to start over.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

How did you fare last night? Among the people I’ve talked to, the chills and body ache seem to be the main issues.

About an hour after I posted that, it all disappeared. Felt great the rest of the night, and feel great this morning. Probably around 30 hours after the shot is when it all went away.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

About an hour after I posted that, it all disappeared. Felt great the rest of the night, and feel great this morning. Probably around 30 hours after the shot is when it all went away.

Nice! Good to hear. 

In other depressing news, NYS just got a bunch of nursing home deaths added to their death total yesterday that Cuomo apparently tried to shove under the rug. Disgraceful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Nice! Good to hear. 

In other depressing news, NYS just got a bunch of nursing home deaths added to their death total yesterday that Cuomo apparently tried to shove under the rug. Disgraceful. 

I work closely with nursing homes around the country. When we/I heard what he was doing last March/April?May.....it was shocking. I don't think people realize with a stroke of his pen how many people ultimately died. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This is Merck's opinion of their own vaccine they were developing.  It does not mean that the vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, etc. are not effective.  As it stands, they have no choice to move on in a different direction, because they are so far behind, it would not be cost effective for them to start over.

Wish I would've stopped reading after they clarified that. Instead I kept reading the 'meanwhile in related news' section that makes conspiratorial claims about the Astrazeneca vaccine, supported by links that don't work or don't support that theory. And then to complete the trifecta of disinformation all that is followed by a banned Info Wars video. 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I work closely with nursing homes around the country. When we/I heard what he was doing last March/April?May.....it was shocking. I don't think people realize with a stroke of his pen how many people ultimately died. 

The more I read into it, the more I think there should be some criminal investigation. And I’ve always mostly agreed and supported Cuomo. Our AG is no joke and she is looking into it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

The more I read into it, the more I think there should be some criminal investigation. And I’ve always mostly agreed and supported Cuomo. Our AG is no joke and she is looking into it.

Without crossing any board policies I'll just say this. His March directive forcing Covid positive patients (all elderly) back into nursing homes so he could keep the bed space available in hospitals...led to roughly 7-10k deaths. 

He'll say he was following guidance and to a point he probably just was....with that said. Why did zero other officials follow the same guidelines/guidance? Why did Florida who has probably the largest senior citizen population not do the same? Or California?

I've been screaming on Cuomo since March. Just glad it's getting the attention now...albeit a tad late though for several thousand people.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 9:27 AM, tdhoosier said:

Just came to the realization yesterday that because we still don't know if vaccinated people can transmit the virus, my wife (who will get get her second shot this weekend) will still have to quarantine from work if she has an exposure - even when she's fully vaccinated. My questions that I can't seem to find: what is the quarantining period for those exposed individuals? Still 10 days? Can they present a negative test? Will a test even pick up if they are carrying the virus? 

Really.  The fire department told us we are no longer considered a high risk exposure for 120 days after recovery or 2 weeks after full vaccination.  

Edit: pretty sure that call was made by our medical director

Edited by NotIThatLives

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I know. They are hoping their treatments work. Looks like they are on the short end of the pharma Covid winners list

Absorb this information however you wish. 

Indiana has 92 counties.

State Positivity Rate for all tests is 8.7%

Monroe County (Bloomington) has the lowest positivity rate in the State of Indiana (2.9%)

Tippecanoe County (West Lafayette) has the 3rd lowest positivity rate in the State (4.1%)

ISDH - Novel Coronavirus: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (in.gov)

What does this info say about college campuses being a prime breeding ground for the virus?

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Without crossing any board policies I'll just say this. His March directive forcing Covid positive patients (all elderly) back into nursing homes so he could keep the bed space available in hospitals...led to roughly 7-10k deaths. 

He'll say he was following guidance and to a point he probably just was....with that said. Why did zero other officials follow the same guidelines/guidance? Why did Florida who has probably the largest senior citizen population not do the same? Or California?

I've been screaming on Cuomo since March. Just glad it's getting the attention now...albeit a tad late though for several thousand people.

Agree, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt early on, b/c let’s be honest we did not quite know what we were dealing with that early on. But, it’s incredibly disappointing to se all of this and if I had elderly relatives that were involved I would be beyond incensed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I feel better today. The nausea is gone due to medication. I hope I've turned the corner on this.

Thanks you you all for the words, prayers, and support. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna rest up and hopefully be fit for the arse whupping we're gonna lay on the Whinin Illini Tuesday...

Thanks for the update and wish you a speedy/full recovery!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I feel better today. The nausea is gone due to medication. I hope I've turned the corner on this.

Thanks to you all for the words, prayers, and support. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna rest up and hopefully be fit for the arse whupping we're gonna lay on the Whinin Illini Tuesday...

Good to hear. You'll be drinking your Michelob Ultras and/or Gumballheads in no time!

• Thanks 1