Coronavirus

Reacher

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I feel better today. The nausea is gone due to medication. I hope I've turned the corner on this.

Thanks to you all for the words, prayers, and support. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna rest up and hopefully be fit for the arse whupping we're gonna lay on the Whinin Illini Tuesday...

Excellent!!  Keep it  going.  My wife and I are signed up for first dose of vaccine next Friday and Saturday.  We're feeling thankful today.

• Thanks 1

My mother-in-law had an appointment at a Florida Publix site today - my wife had snagged it for her online. They wouldn’t vaccinate her today, b/c they said the system showed her with a duplicate appointment tomorrow at another Publix site about an hour away. I’m not hopeful that tomorrow will be successful. 

But at least piece of trash celebrity spin instructors can get an appointment on Staten Island:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/soul-cycle-influencer-stacey-griffith-posted-a-vaccine-ig-and-all-hell-broke-loose?ref=scroll

31 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

My mother-in-law had an appointment at a Florida Publix site today - my wife had snagged it for her online. They wouldn’t vaccinate her today, b/c they said the system showed her with a duplicate appointment tomorrow at another Publix site about an hour away. I’m not hopeful that tomorrow will be successful. 

But at least piece of trash celebrity spin instructors can get an appointment on Staten Island:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/soul-cycle-influencer-stacey-griffith-posted-a-vaccine-ig-and-all-hell-broke-loose?ref=scroll

I am 55 years old, and have an underlying condition.  But, I have no doubt that many professional athletes, Hollywood Stars, and 22 year-old interns in the governor's office will be vaccinated before me.    

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I am 55 years old, and have an underlying condition.  But, I have no doubt that many professional athletes, Hollywood Stars, and 22 year-old interns in the governor's office will be vaccinated before me.    

Yep, she’s faced a hellstorm of negative articles, tweets, etc here. The thing that’s so galling is she spent so much time trying to game the system. She literally took that vaccine from someone else, who needed it more than she did. She’s been in the news so many times locally for behavior like this. She’s very special. 

Let's add Guantanamo Bay prisoners to those that will likely get vaccinated before the average American.  Included is one of the principal architects of 9/11.  

Seriously, who the f#*# in the U.S. government would even consider giving Gitmo prisoners the vaccine before every single American citizen that wanted one received it first.

Whoever came up with that idea needs to be fired right now.  

Plan to vaccinate Guantanamo Bay detainees against Covid-19 has been paused - CNNPolitics

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let's add Guantanamo Bay prisoners to those that will likely get vaccinated before the average American.  Included is one of the principal architects of 9/11.  

Seriously, who the f#*# in the U.S. government would even consider giving Gitmo prisoners the vaccine before every single American citizen that wanted one received it first.

Plan to vaccinate Guantanamo Bay detainees against Covid-19 has been paused - CNNPolitics

That is absurd. 

If it was up to me they wouldnt be around to even need a vaccine.  

At least I wont be taking doses from anyone.  

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Agreed. 

Public backlash has apparently beat some sense into those decision makers and their vaccines have been postponed 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Agreed. 

Public backlash has apparently beat some sense into those decision makers and their vaccines have been postponed 

It shouldn't take public backlash.  This totally boggles my mind that it was considered to the point it was.  And, honestly, I have no doubt that that will 'secretly' receive the vaccine before I do.  

• Like 2

If you are elderly, at risk or have relatives that are, this seems to be common sense advice-

Most pertinently, when viral antigens are present in the vascular endothelium, and especially in elderly and frail with cardiovascular disease, the antigen specific immune response incited by the vaccine is almost certain to do damage to the vascular endothelium.

Therefore, it is my respectful request that FDA, in collaboration with Pfizer and Moderna, immediately and at the very minimum, institute clear recommendations to clinicians that they delay immunization in any recently convalescent patients, as well as, any known symptomatic or asymptomatic carriers — and to actively screen as many patients with high cardiovascular risk as is reasonably possible, in order to detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2, prior to vaccinating them.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/cardiothoracic-surgeon-warns-fda-pfizer-on-immunological-danger-of-covid-vaccines-in-recently-convalescent-and-asymptomatic-carriers

there are serious concerns about the supply chain. It only takes the lack of one part out of hundreds to shut an assembly line down

I posted this back in February. Now it’s not just parts, but the actual raw materials that make the parts! 
We have a LONG way to go!!

Edited by Drroogh

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

there are serious concerns about the supply chain. It only takes the lack of one part out of hundreds to shut an assembly line down

I posted this back in February. Now it’s not just parts, but the actual raw materials that make the parts! 
We have a LONG way to go!!

I was in Bloomington yesterday.  So many shelves at Kroger and the freezer section still empty. I haven't seen a fully stocked shelf in over a year. Went to buy a printer last week. Only 1 on the shelf.

Edited by mrflynn03

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was in Bloomington yesterday.  So many shelves at Kroger and the freezer section still empty. I haven't seen a fully stocked shelf in over a year. Went to buy a printer last week. Only 1 on the shelf.

Oddly enough, one thing I regularly see on the shelf now is hand sanitizer.

This one surprises me and concerns me.

Report: Many US nursing home staff decline first COVID shots - ABC News (go.com)

The CDC looked at more than 11,000 nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities that had at least one vaccination clinic between the middle of December and the middle of January. The researchers found that while 78% of residents got at least one shot, only 37.5% of staff members did.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This one surprises me and concerns me.

Report: Many US nursing home staff decline first COVID shots - ABC News (go.com)

The CDC looked at more than 11,000 nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities that had at least one vaccination clinic between the middle of December and the middle of January. The researchers found that while 78% of residents got at least one shot, only 37.5% of staff members did.

I wonder how many have already had the virus and therefore might have antibodies? The couple of people that I know that have had it are not getting vaccines right away. 

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

@IUFLA

How are you feeling?

Better. My blood/gas numbers are good (95) but I'm still very tired all the time. Hopefully that will pass too.

I've heard this can linger for a month. Lord, I hope not. 2 weeks is quite enough for me...

Thanks for asking...

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Better. My blood/gas numbers are good (95) but I'm still very tired all the time. Hopefully that will pass too.

I've heard this can linger for a month. Lord, I hope not. 2 weeks is quite enough for me...

Thanks for asking...

Good!!  Better is good!!  You keep staying positive!! All the best to you and your Mrs.   😊  👍

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1