Jump to content

Coronavirus


Reacher
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Hospitals down here have two week notice to show proof of first vaccination. It’s happening. So far medical exemptions only…many have had their religous exemption denied. Anyways I don’t want to argue my friend. We both want the same thing…most don’t want to force people.
 

Ive actually been hoping the Novavax vaccine will be approved very soon. Heard from many many non Vaxxed they are waiting for a non-mRNA approved vaccine. Novavax uses a different protein subunit approach which is similar to traditional vaccines and novavax has looked very very promising. Trials have shown it to be more effective against varients and with much less serious side effects seen in the mRNA vaccines. Since it is also not developed using fetal stem cell lines should appease even religous exempties. People that have been wanting a more “traditional” vaccine who doesn’t use mRNA and the proteins are not made by your body but are already in the vaccine should be thrilled to take this. Also those allergic to ingrediants in moderna and Pfizer shot will have an alternative. There will be those that won’t get vaxxed regardless but this one is very promising and may make a great booster as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/619276/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021/09/09/novavax-ready-to-ship-vaccines-to-australia/amp/

Thank you for that information.  

Does anyone know if they are looking to update the he vaccines to be better sooted against varients?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe it was the fact I've had a little health issue over the last week, but now I'm reading that the COVID vaccine mandate for government workers does not include a testing option...

So, either do it or be fired...incredible...

 

Incredibly sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not one to try and push my beliefs on anyone. I have made it very clear where I stand on the vaccine issue. I spoke with a Dr in Columbus that informed me that all "elective " surgeries are postponed due to the high number of unvaccinated people filling the hospital. A lot of effort being used to care for people that could be avoided was his exact words.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not one to try and push my beliefs on anyone. I have made it very clear where I stand on the vaccine issue. I spoke with a Dr in Columbus that informed me that all "elective " surgeries are postponed due to the high number of unvaccinated people filling the hospital. A lot of effort being used to care for people that could be avoided was his exact words.

It will probably get worse. We had our summer spike down here in Florida which has been going down (similar to last year). Due to people staying inside together and not distancing in the air conditioning etc. The fall and winter surge is bound to happen as this works it's way back through the North. I'm not here to say one treatment, one solution, or try to peddle false information. I would just say we have seen great success down here in SWFL from those that have received monoclonal therapy treatment (Regeneron) very early reducing hospitalizations for those that have received it. It can be even taken if you haven't tested positive but have been in close proximity to someone (like a family member) that has. It needs to be administered early to be effective (shortly before or after beginning symptoms). Here in Florida there is no fee and few questions asked (you don't even have to bill your insurance as the treatments have already been pre-paid for by the govt). I am linking a place to find your nearest treatment facility. Use the NICA tab(department of health link is down it seems). If you are not vaccinated (or even if you are and are having early symptoms) I would highly encourage to either get treatment or contact your doctor about treatment. Avoiding the hospitalization should be the highest priority (although you shouldn't be deterred if you need it). Saving as many lives possible is the goal...and avoiding hospitalization does that on both fronts..yours and those that need the hospital for other life saving illnesses.

 

https://www.survivorcorps.com/mabs-state

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It will probably get worse. We had our summer spike down here in Florida which has been going down (similar to last year). Due to people staying inside together and not distancing in the air conditioning etc. The fall and winter surge is bound to happen as this works it's way back through the North. I'm not here to say one treatment, one solution, or try to peddle false information. I would just say we have seen great success down here in SWFL from those that have received monoclonal therapy treatment (Regeneron) very early reducing hospitalizations for those that have received it. It can be even taken if you haven't tested positive but have been in close proximity to someone (like a family member) that has. It needs to be administered early to be effective (shortly before or after beginning symptoms). Here in Florida there is no fee and few questions asked (you don't even have to bill your insurance as the treatments have already been pre-paid for by the govt). I am linking a place to find your nearest treatment facility. Use the NICA tab(department of health link is down it seems). If you are not vaccinated (or even if you are and are having early symptoms) I would highly encourage to either get treatment or contact your doctor about treatment. Avoiding the hospitalization should be the highest priority (although you shouldn't be deterred if you need it). Saving as many lives possible is the goal...and avoiding hospitalization does that on both fronts..yours and those that need the hospital for other life saving illnesses.

 

https://www.survivorcorps.com/mabs-state

My daughter has been all over social media encouraging others to do exactly what you are saying. She is a nurse at Community East and it's crazy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

My daughter has been all over social media encouraging others to do exactly what you are saying. She is a nurse at Community East and it's crazy. 

I really wish we could get some better PSA announcements. Perhaps get money to each of these communities to have some local physicians just go on and give similar advice. Not politicians, not just coming from strangers on the internet. Just local physicians in their own communities go on and give some simple advice. Please wash your hands, social distance where you can, wear a mask when you can't to protect others who are susceptible, vaccinate is the best protection from hospitalization, if you are unvaccinated and you believe you have or have been in close contact with someone please contact your physician or seek treatment. There are treatments available...it might not be as effective as being vaccinated but early treatment can save your life. Just letting people know there are treatments is a huge start. I've heard so many stories of people that tested positive and ended up in the hospital who were not told of these types of treatments. Just told to go home and take care of themselves like the flu. Rest, fluids, and monitor themselves. If it gets worse go to the hospital. Locally with the Gov coming to our area and promoting it and it hitting the news several times it has been a huge positive treating thousands of people since opening. Many reporting feeling better within 24-48 hrs. Again not a cure all but man we got to get word out there is more we can do to save our hospital beds for other critical care if we can prevent it. Through a shot or through a treatment.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Am I reading the lower right chart correctly...earlier vaccines are even more effective?

I believe it says those that have had the vaccination more recent are more effective at preventing serious illness. Meaning the antibody response is wearing off over time. It is what you would expect. That is how I read it.

Edited by dgambill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I believe it says those that have had the vaccination more recent are more effective at serious illness. Meaning the antibody response is wearing off over time. It is what you would expect. That is how I read it.

That would make more sense, but their choice of wording is confusing as hell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FKIM01 said:

That would make more sense, but their choice of wording is confusing as hell.

Indeed. They seem to always word it in the most unusual way possible which creates confusion. Just say it so people can understand it lol! Of course this might have been a scientific journal and us mere mortals probably weren't the intended audience lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Glad to see a very reasonable and well thought out policy is being put in place. Hopefully others will follow suit and we don't lose any more of our amazing medical workers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, dgambill said:

Hospitals down here have two week notice to show proof of first vaccination. It’s happening. So far medical exemptions only…many have had their religous exemption denied. Anyways I don’t want to argue my friend. We both want the same thing…most don’t want to force people.
 

Ive actually been hoping the Novavax vaccine will be approved very soon. Heard from many many non Vaxxed they are waiting for a non-mRNA approved vaccine. Novavax uses a different protein subunit approach which is similar to traditional vaccines and novavax has looked very very promising. Trials have shown it to be more effective against varients and with much less serious side effects seen in the mRNA vaccines. Since it is also not developed using fetal stem cell lines should appease even religous exempties. People that have been wanting a more “traditional” vaccine who doesn’t use mRNA and the proteins are not made by your body but are already in the vaccine should be thrilled to take this. Also those allergic to ingrediants in moderna and Pfizer shot will have an alternative. There will be those that won’t get vaxxed regardless but this one is very promising and may make a great booster as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/619276/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021/09/09/novavax-ready-to-ship-vaccines-to-australia/amp/

Yeah, that’s our policy too at the medical center. Actual dates for scheduling and receiving  the vaccine. But I know there are other exemptions being approved in our department. 

And you are right, we shouldn’t bicker about it. We both want to be over this crap. Sorry if I came across like a d*ck, just so frustrated by this whole thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, just last week a Lady at work passed from Covid. She had been pregnant but they managed to give her a C-section prior and sounds like the baby is going to make it.

Lets just say a lot of people here at work who were adamant they would not get vaccinated are signing up. We have another on site vaccination this Friday. Let’s hope people get over it and get vaccinated!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

So, just last week a Lady at work passed from Covid. She had been pregnant but they managed to give her a C-section prior and sounds like the baby is going to make it.

Lets just say a lot of people here at work who were adamant they would not get vaccinated are signing up. We have another on site vaccination this Friday. Let’s hope people get over it and get vaccinated!

Heartbreaking story.  I pray the child has a strong support group having to grow up without  a mother.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Yeah, that’s our policy too at the medical center. Actual dates for scheduling and receiving  the vaccine. But I know there are other exemptions being approved in our department. 

And you are right, we shouldn’t bicker about it. We both want to be over this crap. Sorry if I came across like a d*ck, just so frustrated by this whole thing. 

Please...you weren't being a d*ck...far from it. Trust me I've met some people with horrible attitudes about this thing...on both sides. We may have areas where we disagree...but we all want good things for the country and our family and friends. Sometimes we maybe say something in the heat of a moment when sometimes we are even upset at other people and it spills over. I don't take to much personal on here unless someone is being very hostile. Far from it...I understand where you come from...I understand where other people are coming from. Just because everyone can't agree doesn't mean we have to treat people like they have committed a war crime or they kick puppies or they want to turn us all into zombies.

Unfortunately mainstream and social media ratchet up the intensity on both sides way too much. Hopefully we will continue to get to a good place. I just worry if you back people into a corner....whether vaccinating them...or we all know the next step would be their kids (and I know even MORE people that have been vaccinated but wouldn't vaccinate their kids) then you could get a very very bad result (Jan 6th will look like a stroll in the park....think more Portland federal buildings this time). Most animals/people don't react well when cornered. I think more people than we realize are pretty well thought out on their decision and will make a wise decision for them if given the truth and all the options available. Also as more and more vaccines come online there will be more choice with those as well. Maybe I'm wrong for how I look at this but this isn't a world ending virus. Far from it. I mean the math tells us that. Look at how many people have already survived it world wide. Their immunity is even stronger than any vaccination could give us. It feeds on the weakness in humans. Honestly we lose when it turns us against each other. Divides us and feeds on our weaknesses as a society. Together we will defeat it by defending our weakest individuals, the frail, the downcast, the poor, the sick. Not just here but worldwide. We continue to lift one another up and turn our focus to to fighting it and not each other...we will be fine. If we don't and it brings out the worst in us...well then we truly will lose. Maybe not all our lives but so much that makes us and this country special. Ok...that's the end of my monologue lol. Be safe everyone and have a great day!! We are all blessed we woke up and get to enjoy another day together! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...