Coronavirus

Reacher

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I get your skepticism here based on the whole, but this profile is not wrong about the AR-15.  AR stands for Armalite, which was the original manufacturer.  "Assault Rifle" was a name given to it later, likely from someone who didn't like guns in general, but that's another debate for a different thread.

Oh...I know. I have several in a couple different calibers. The assault is perputrated by the person committing a crime...not by the item they do it with. It's a big scary gun...but it isn't even close when it comes to how many assaults are committed by this particular style gun then a handgun. I just didn't want to drag that into this forum....I know we have another for it.

33 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Sorry, I should have cropped that differently - I don't care about her view on guns, it's more than she doesn't have a real name and has 97 followers.

Here's a little more reputable source for you, at least from the few articles I've read there...

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/pfizer-launches-final-study-covid-drug-thats-suspiciously-similar-ivermectin

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Sorry, I should have cropped that differently - I don't care about her view on guns, it's more than she doesn't have a real name and has 97 followers.

I also saw that....she didn't link any studies/proof/etc just an image. If it's true I'm more than interested in seeing it. But it just makes a claim and then nothing...so yeah...not much to go off of.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Here's a little more reputable source for you, at least from the few articles I've read there...

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/pfizer-launches-final-study-covid-drug-thats-suspiciously-similar-ivermectin

Thanks for the article. Nothing there to show the molecular/chemical makeup is the same etc. Lot's of antiviral medications work using similar mechanisims or are protease inhibitors to protect the body's proteins. HIV drugs...heck even Remdesivir is a protease inhibitor....why is this not a remdesivir copy?? I'll buy it if I get some proof....until then I'm not going to run down a drug that might someday be used to save lives. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thanks for the article. Nothing there to show the molecular/chemical makeup is the same etc. Lot's of antiviral medications work using similar mechanisims or are protease inhibitors to protect the body's proteins. HIV drugs...heck even Remdesivir is a protease inhibitor....why is this not a remdesivir copy?? I'll buy it if I get some proof....until then I'm not going to run down a drug that might someday be used to save lives. 

Agree.  I don't care what they call it (although Pfizermectin was pretty funny...you gotta admit) or how it's made as long as it works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Sorry, but this isn't exactly a reputable news source...?

1030205311_ScreenShot2021-09-28at11_35_52AM.png.fbda241d3262742ad2cc24d555e4f15f.png

I was bringing up a new topic. It has nothing to do with the messenger. I did not peruse the rest of her? profile as the tweet I linked made my point. As @dgambill pointed out, they are not closely related. Good enough for me and I thanked him for his input. That is how the free flow of information is supposed to work. Time usually does a good job of sorting things out. I know I have been correct on many issues and wrong on many. At the very least, people now know Pfizer is working on a therapeutic. 

Again, the tweet was not my news source but what I thought was a succinct way to bring up the info and avoid bringing up a news source- which, BTW, was Zerohedge (which I understand is not the most newsworthy source!). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Again, the tweet was not my news source but what I thought was a succinct way to bring up the info and avoid bringing up a news source- which, BTW, was Zerohedge (which I understand is not the most newsworthy source!). 

I don't think Zero Hedge is terrible by any stretch.  Ive seen CNN put out a lot of stuff I'd consider less newsworthy than this article. 😂  Best bet is read a lot of different stuff and filter heavily.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I was bringing up a new topic. It has nothing to do with the messenger. I did not peruse the rest of her? profile as the tweet I linked made my point. As @dgambill pointed out, they are not closely related. Good enough for me and I thanked him for his input. That is how the free flow of information is supposed to work. Time usually does a good job of sorting things out. I know I have been correct on many issues and wrong on many. At the very least, people now know Pfizer is working on a therapeutic. 

I'm all for any therapuetics we can get to market to help fight this disease. More choices the merrier. I also have kept a very critical eye on these pharmaceuticals based on their actions in the past and it seems the direct govt preferences for certain solutions. I think there is definitely a place for Ivermectin, Remdesivir, Monoclonial Antibody Treatment, vaccines both approved and in the pipeline. I appreciate the flow of info...helps me keep up with what's going on and to help those around me who are having questions. This one I've seen on my wife's social media feeds going around but with little evidence to substantiate it's claims. If we get some evidence to support it...wow I would love to see it..be fascinating to try to hear the drug companies explain it. That said what i've encountered was that this one while most likely being inspired by anti-viral drugs like Remdesivir and others that have anti-viral properties like Ivermectin this one is not altogether unique in the mechanisms to fight the virus...but is unique in its composition and how it will hopefully target Covid directly. I don't want to destroy a possible great drugs reputation simply because of a catchy nickname. I think we will need drug therapies alongside vaccines as we fight this awful virus so I'm super happy they are even putting efforts into this instead of just having one prong of attack. After all if we put all our stock into vaccines and a variant comes around that it isn't effective on....we can't another year for another vaccine to figure it out. We need other resources to fight it off. I'm happy people are studying this.

I do stand by my statement of poor ethics all over the place. I've brought up how Fauci should have resigned given his involvement in funding the WIV. Hopefully this a reputable source reporting on this troubling pattern of a lack of ethics- https://www.wsj.com/articles/131-federal-judges-broke-the-law-by-hearing-cases-where-they-had-a-financial-interest-11632834421.

Full disclosure, I have a vested interest here as I am mandated to take ethics training and if I make a mistake I lose my license and my career. Yet the people that make these rules routinely do far worse and very rarely face any ramifications.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't think Zero Hedge is terrible by any stretch.  Ive seen CNN put out a lot of stuff I'd consider less newsworthy than this article. 😂  Best bet is read a lot of different stuff and filter heavily.

I hear you which is way I do check it out every once in a while. They have stories you don't find elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I do stand by my statement of poor ethics all over the place. I've brought up how Fauci should have resigned given his involvement in funding the WIV. Hopefully this a reputable source reporting on this troubling pattern of a lack of ethics- https://www.wsj.com/articles/131-federal-judges-broke-the-law-by-hearing-cases-where-they-had-a-financial-interest-11632834421.

Full disclosure, I have a vested interest here as I am mandated to take ethics training and if I make a mistake I lose my license and my career. Yet the people that make these rules routinely do far worse and very rarely face any ramifications.

I feel your pain on all the training and regulation you and I deal with.  As for the judges' ethical lapses...

shocked-face.jpg.9f250b90c0495f76fcce0429b479a59c.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/29/world/coronavirus-newsletter-intl-29-09-21/index.html

The long Covid problem might be bigger than we thought.

large study has revealed that one in three Covid-19 survivors have suffered symptoms three to six months after getting infected, with breathing problems, abdominal symptoms such as abdominal pain, change of bowel habit and diarrhoea, fatigue, pain, anxiety and depression among the most common issues reported.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

These stories are tragic, yet very likely preventable.  Just.....get.....the.....vaccine.

83,000 Healthcare workers in New York are possibly going to lose their jobs... these numbers are astronomical across the country.  Why so many people who have stared this thing in the face, still refuse to take the shot?  It's obviously not that simple, its obviously not that safe. Dr's and nurses making 6+ figures a year are walking away. The mandates make less sense as the days go by, and more information comes out.  I'm just a dummy sales guy, but when I see that many professionals walking away from something,  It makes me question things. Whole lot of why's...   thankfully I don't personally know anyone who has died because of covid. I know people who were on their death bed, who had covid when they passed.  I  know 3 local people personally that had strokes after taking the vaccine. 2 of which are still with us, the other 46 yr old gal with 3 kids is not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2021 at 3:26 PM, dgambill said:

Oh...I know. I have several in a couple different calibers. The assault is perputrated by the person committing a crime...not by the item they do it with. It's a big scary gun...but it isn't even close when it comes to how many assaults are committed by this particular style gun then a handgun. I just didn't want to drag that into this forum....I know we have another for it.

If people think so called "Assault rifles" are scary, well, some of us own things that would make them crap their pants. 

And if they think we will willingly give them up, they got another thing comin. Not gonna happen. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

83,000 Healthcare workers in New York are possibly going to lose their jobs... these numbers are astronomical across the country.  Why so many people who have stared this thing in the face, still refuse to take the shot?  It's obviously not that simple, its obviously not that safe. Dr's and nurses making 6+ figures a year are walking away. The mandates make less sense as the days go by, and more information comes out.  I'm just a dummy sales guy, but when I see that many professionals walking away from something,  It makes me question things. Whole lot of why's...   thankfully I don't personally know anyone who has died because of covid. I know people who were on their death bed, who had covid when they passed.  I  know 3 local people personally that had strokes after taking the vaccine. 2 of which are still with us, the other 46 yr old gal with 3 kids is not. 

I work in the microbiology lab for the 2nd largest contract pharmaceutical company in the world. I haven't taken the vaccine. Alot of others haven't either. 

Have alot of coworkers who have taken it and had adverse reactions and refuse to take the boosters. 

I am interested in monoclonal antibody injections and oral anti virals. 

I'm not anti vax but I've had this crap and survived and so has my wife. 

My BIL went into icu just a few days after getting the vaccine my sister unvaccinated.

They both got covid. She recovered in less than a week, he died after 36 days in icu. Nothing makes sense. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Sad 1