Jump to content

Coronavirus


Reacher
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think the economic impact of mandates is being underestimated. Alot of people in critical positions or with irreplaceable knowledge and experience are going to quit or retire early. Who will replace them?

The ordeal with Southwest should be a wake up call. 

You know the sad part about this is it is likely to have a cyclical effect. It basically speeds up the process where companies look at off shoring jobs and increasing their use of automation because of the staffing issues and all the cost of personnel increases etc. Big companies can afford these changes and technology moves etc but smaller/medium size companies then will have to react and very easily get squeezed out of the market as they can't afford to keep up. Not sure where all this goes in the end and not sure we as a country have a real sound fundamental solution to the problem....so if that is the case...why are we voluntarily taking measures to speed up the process. We should be trying to do the opposite and incentivize people to work and companies to hire and keep jobs here until we have a better handle on how we are going to navigate the future of the greater US labor markets. I'm not sure how our political figures can spin these things as a positive for the country, especially given the record level of debt Washington continues to rack up under both of these parties. Ugh...forgive me for my non-corona rabbit track.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You know the sad part about this is it is likely to have a cyclical effect. It basically speeds up the process where companies look at off shoring jobs and increasing their use of automation because of the staffing issues and all the cost of personnel increases etc. Big companies can afford these changes and technology moves etc but smaller/medium size companies then will have to react and very easily get squeezed out of the market as they can't afford to keep up. Not sure where all this goes in the end and not sure we as a country have a real sound fundamental solution to the problem....so if that is the case...why are we voluntarily taking measures to speed up the process. We should be trying to do the opposite and incentivize people to work and companies to hire and keep jobs here until we have a better handle on how we are going to navigate the future of the greater US labor markets. I'm not sure how our political figures can spin these things as a positive for the country, especially given the record level of debt Washington continues to rack up under both of these parties. Ugh...forgive me for my non-corona rabbit track.

Not sure if you are familiar with the Cloward-Piven strategy but it seems plausible its being followed to some extent. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not sure if you are familiar with the Cloward-Piven strategy but it seems plausible its being followed to some extent. 

Yeah...I honestly wasn't wanting to get too political (and hate to think that might be the case but it get's harder and harder to give the benefit of the doubt) but that is entirely a possibility. Add flooding the market with unskilled labor across the border...well you know. You look at what is going on with all the things and you can make a case for the govt take over of everything (healthcare crisis, energy/gas crisis looming, law enforcement crisis, your going to see another banking/housing crisis, social media/internet censoring crisis, transportation/supply chain crisis) it all can be looked at from that perspective and you could easily see the government come in for nationalized take over. It certainly could be theorized that could be the goal for some. Hate to say the thought has gone through my head.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2021 at 10:29 AM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Being a devoted American Airline customer, I hope that they (and all the rest) "not publicly" coordinate like this.

 

If anyone needs a ride, I've got 3 open seats :)

American Airlines with 250+ cancelations and 20% delayed (same % as Southwest). 

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled

image.thumb.png.fbf271207fb8f1677966ff1ed85747c7.png

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Reacher said:

American Airlines with 250+ cancelations and 20% delayed (same % as Southwest). 

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled

image.thumb.png.fbf271207fb8f1677966ff1ed85747c7.png

There is a reason for this. 

The company I work for hasn't required a mandate.

Instead they have a cash Drawing to incentive vaccination.

They know vaccine mandates will force people to quit. I could probably afford it but I like my job and would suck it up.

But people are quitting in droves. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and we wonder why people are skeptical about everything...🙄

(sarcasticly) Why would that be??? They posted the retraction on page 68 in 4 inch font beneath an ad for dog shampoo. Here is the title of the Retraction.

We screwed up again.....but I doubt you can read this to know.

Honestly, it isn't just the NYT, it's reporting everywhere....who cares if we are telling you the truth...we have a narrative to get across and facts be damned...nobody ever reads the retractions or waits to the end of a news report to get the retraction....people just read headlines and get their news in 1 min clips....then rush to the comment section to voice their opinions.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...