Coronavirus

Reacher

41 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

You are right that no one here will shed a tear over losing some NYPD. But we are also used to navigating mountains of garbage that would terrify most people. We’ve been through sanitation strikes before and will weather them again. 

It’s funny that the “mighty NYPD” (all 35,000 strong) were whining about the mandate and thousands said they would refuse the shot. They buckled - only 34 of them ended up being placed on leave. Not much power there apparently. I’m sure they realized they wouldn’t get that pay and fat pension elsewhere for sitting in their cars staring at their phones all day. 

1850691210_200w(1).gif.70146af570e0899004540770df785ce2.gif

;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

True??

It seems to be a bit misleading...numbers I'm seeing is that over 2,000 have called out ill over the past few days....not necessarily all at once etc. It does seem that they are seeing staffing/coverage issues based on the outages though. Honestly, I hate this....I hate it for anyone that might be effected as a result of not having coverage but I also hate it for those that we once called heroes...through COVID last year and even 9-11 rushing into towers to save people but we are so quick to throw them out over a mandate. Just wish cooler heads would prevail....it's a p!ss!ng contest and the american public loses.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It seems to be a bit misleading...numbers I'm seeing is that over 2,000 have called out ill over the past few days....not necessarily all at once etc. It does seem that they are seeing staffing/coverage issues based on the outages though. Honestly, I hate this....I hate it for anyone that might be effected as a result of not having coverage but I also hate it for those that we once called heroes...through COVID last year and even 9-11 rushing into towers to save people but we are so quick to throw them out over a mandate. Just wish cooler heads would prevail....it's a p!ss!ng contest and the american public loses.

I read this morning they were not allowing natural immunity to count and that is one of the fights to allow that as an exemption.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I read this morning they were not allowing natural immunity to count and that is one of the fights to allow that as an exemption.  

Yeah I didn't mean to make it seem like their fight isn't valid.....unfortunately though that many times those in power don't care who their policies hurt. Rules for thee and not me....and I've got my security and as long as I can afford to pay to have my trash picked up etc etc they don't care how it effects their constituants....much less the hard working people that make this country run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/31/molotov-cocktail-attack-at-nyc-deli-captured-on-video/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Seems like Brooklyn needs more Police and Firemen, not less. 

Or will Brooklyn hippies come to the rescue?

Well we had almost whole cities burned and looted last year....why would some robberies and a couple businesses burning bother anyone. Just collateral damage....acceptable losses. The cause must go on!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Just wait until the Rittenhouse verdict....

Not sure what will happen but I'd be shocked if he isn't found guilty in some standard...besides it wasn't a race crime so while there could be outrage I wouldn't put it up there with the George Floyd case or anything.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not sure what will happen but I'd be shocked if he isn't found guilty in some standard...besides it wasn't a race crime so while there could be outrage I wouldn't put it up there with the George Floyd case or anything.

I have a law degree.  The fact that he was even charged is one of the biggest injustices I've ever seen.  It's a lot like the Duke lacrosse case or the George Floyd case.  Most people don't have the slightest clue as to what actually happened and you can thank the media for that.  I won't comment further.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tested positive for covid today. My symptoms began about a week ago and are nearly gone now. It was the lack of taste and smell that caused me to be tested. My wife, who is vaccinated, came down with what she thought was a cold about two weeks ago and I got it a week later. Same symptoms though some of hers were worse than mine. She refuses to be tested and is over whatever she had now. This makes me think that the number of vaccinated people getting covid and transmitting it are significantly higher than being reported. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cthomas said:

I tested positive for covid today. My symptoms began about a week ago and are nearly gone now. It was the lack of taste and smell that caused me to be tested. My wife, who is vaccinated, came down with what she thought was a cold about two weeks ago and I got it a week later. Same symptoms though some of hers were worse than mine. She refuses to be tested and is over whatever she had now. This makes me think that the number of vaccinated people getting covid and transmitting it are significantly higher than being reported. 

I thought of the same thing last week. I got my shots but if I got a cold, I doubt I would get a Covid test. How many people get Covid with little to no symptoms and don't report? And then spread it? Has to be a good amount

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I thought of the same thing last week. I got my shots but if I got a cold, I doubt I would get a Covid test. How many people get Covid with little to no symptoms and don't report? And then spread it? Has to be a good amount

My wife and I had to get a test to attend a concert. We both did it at CVS drive through. It was self administered and unmonitered. 

To be real, this bullshit needs to be over with. We are going on 2 years now. It can't go on forever.

My BIL died either from covid or after he got vaccinated. It's unfortunate and I wish it never happened.  

Honestly wish it was me because I'm sick of this stupid world. 

My point remains, this fear of a virus needs to stop asap. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cthomas said:

I think the number of people (vaccinated or not) that get COVID and transmit it w/o knowing is probably significant. 

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife and I had to get a test to attend a concert. We both did it at CVS drive through. It was self administered and unmonitered. 

To be real, this bullshit needs to be over with. We are going on 2 years now. It can't go on forever.

My BIL died either from covid or after he got vaccinated. It's unfortunate and I wish it never happened.  

Honestly wish it was me because I'm sick of this stupid world. 

My point remains, this fear of a virus needs to stop asap. 

I guess I’m not really understanding anymore when people talk about “this bullshit” that has to end.

Life has pretty much returned to a new normal. Around here, no one is scared to go out anymore. Street life, and restaurants and bars are bumping. Wearing a mask into a store isn’t a problem. Kids are in school. Life is going on. Halloween was bumping for both kids and adults. When I walk down the block, every restaurant and coffee shop is humming with full tables and people enjoying themselves. 

If people want to fixate on the negatives of having to wear a mask indoors to shop or vaccine mandates, then knock yourself out. The rest of us are returning to our new normal. 

You know I like you man, and hate to see you saying things like “sick of this stupid world.” 

There’s always been a LOT that makes me angry, like a lot. But honestly the last two years have taught me to be thankful b/c we don’t know what the next year may bring. 

And the IU season starts in less than a week! Maybe we can kiss this thread goodbye then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

I think the number of people (vaccinated or not) that get COVID and transmit it w/o knowing is probably significant. 

I guess I’m not really understanding anymore when people talk about “this bullshit” that has to end.

Life has pretty much returned to a new normal. Around here, no one is scared to go out anymore. Street life, and restaurants and bars are bumping. Wearing a mask into a store isn’t a problem. Kids are in school. Life is going on. Halloween was bumping for both kids and adults. When I walk down the block, every restaurant and coffee shop is humming with full tables and people enjoying themselves. 

If people want to fixate on the negatives of having to wear a mask indoors to shop or vaccine mandates, then knock yourself out. The rest of us are returning to our new normal. 

You know I like you man, and hate to see you saying things like “sick of this stupid world.” 

There’s always been a LOT that makes me angry, like a lot. But honestly the last two years have taught me to be thankful b/c we don’t know what the next year may bring. 

And the IU season starts in less than a week! Maybe we can kiss this thread goodbye then.

Life was like that down here in Florida….the whole time. Results have been no better and no worse…especially once people got vaccinated and the antibody treatments became widely available. Sure there were some minor inconvenience of wearing masks in a few places but most didn’t require it.  Like you said most of that is all behind us. I think the issues most face is the mandates on their jobs. My wife’s work did. The forcing of small children to wear masks and the possible future mandates on child vaccinations for a group of individuals who are at almost statistically zero risk from this virus. That is what is upsetting so many. Adults fears being taken out on their children.

• Like 3