Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Wife's best friends mom,  is now experiencing the same vision issues as her vp of sales ( who had a second episode Saturday) both ladies are going completely blind all of a sudden. Same stories, they are fine, then all of a sudden they just see white.  The friends mom is older, the vp is young and fit... the vp is having her husband drive her from Chicago to here today for a meeting, as she is not allowed to drive for now.  Thats 3 strokes, 1 death, 3 cases of random blindness, a few heart issues, clotting issues, multiple long cases of extreme fatigue...  all in this year after taking the shot...  again, I am praying the pills hit the market fast. We need them desperately.  Even our friends that support the shot are starting to waiver. With talks of the new variant possibly needing a new shot,  there will be heavy push back. 

That’s a horrible experience, but how do you decide that those are all related to the vaccine? There are hundreds if not thousands of potential factors that happen among a group of people over the course of one year.

Actual adverse reactions are not common, in fact they are super rare. 

“A recent study tried to pinpoint what ingredient in the COVID-19 vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna causes rare allergic reactions. It found that a widely-suspected culprit might not be at fault, and the vaccine reactions might be partially due to anxiety and other psychological factors.

Such reactions are extremely uncommon, happening two to five times per every 1 million people vaccinated in the U.S. But national surveys show that possible side effects remain a sticking point for hesitant people, and misinformation about what the shots contain is still rampant.

Scientists have long linked these adverse bodily responses to polyethylene glycol, an inactive ingredient that stabilizes messenger RNA (mRNA) — the genetic material that forms the backbone of the shots.

Seeking to address this theory, a team of allergy researchers at Northwell Health — New York’s largest health care provider — conducted allergy tests with polyethylene glycol, commonly known as PEG, to see if they could adequately predict if a patient will have a serious reaction to the vaccine.

“We thought it was most likely PEG, but that’s clearly not the case,” said Dr. Vincent Bonagura, a senior author of the study published October 23rd in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. “The vaccine is just made of a few other ingredients — lipids that are stabilizers, salts, sugars and the mRNA.”

53 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

That’s a horrible experience, but how do you decide that those are all related to the vaccine? There are hundreds if not thousands of potential factors that happen among a group of people over the course of one year.

Actual adverse reactions are not common, in fact they are super rare. 

“A recent study tried to pinpoint what ingredient in the COVID-19 vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna causes rare allergic reactions. It found that a widely-suspected culprit might not be at fault, and the vaccine reactions might be partially due to anxiety and other psychological factors.

Such reactions are extremely uncommon, happening two to five times per every 1 million people vaccinated in the U.S. But national surveys show that possible side effects remain a sticking point for hesitant people, and misinformation about what the shots contain is still rampant.

Scientists have long linked these adverse bodily responses to polyethylene glycol, an inactive ingredient that stabilizes messenger RNA (mRNA) — the genetic material that forms the backbone of the shots.

Seeking to address this theory, a team of allergy researchers at Northwell Health — New York’s largest health care provider — conducted allergy tests with polyethylene glycol, commonly known as PEG, to see if they could adequately predict if a patient will have a serious reaction to the vaccine.

“We thought it was most likely PEG, but that’s clearly not the case,” said Dr. Vincent Bonagura, a senior author of the study published October 23rd in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. “The vaccine is just made of a few other ingredients — lipids that are stabilizers, salts, sugars and the mRNA.”

I completely understand your position,  and definitely respect it. If i lived in NY and saw the things you did, I would probably feel differently.  But, when people we know personally walk in to a clinic to get the shot and end up with strokes, or dead in a day or two the "study" doesn't mean much to me.  My family is full of Dr's from cardiologist, to RN, to teaching nursing at a university.  They are all vaccinated, but their position is changing.  They are seeing issues, and its not uncommon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A hodge podge of Covid items since I haven't posted here in a bit...

All early evidence (more will be known in about 2 weeks) points to Omnicron being more transmissible than delta but less severe. This continues with the natural evolution of viruses that has been observed over time. No need to panic or declare states of emergencies (NY).

A quote from Alex Berenson- "Something is wrong. The promises that the health authorities have made over the last 12 months about the vaccines are not coming true. Despite near-complete levels of adult vaccination in Europe, many countries are seeing skyrocketing Covid cases and deaths. And worst of all, all-cause non-Covid mortality is running well above normal in country after country."

Concerning downstream effects- 

"Downstream effects of the antibodies that people produce against the coronavirus spike protein may lead to myocarditis and even neurological concerns, two veteran medical researchers have written in the top medical journal in the United States.

Our immune systems produce these antibodies in response to both vaccination and natural infection with Covid. However, spike protein antibody levels are MUCH higher following vaccination than infection. Thus the downstream response to vaccination may be more severe.

The NEJM published the short paper Wednesday in its Basic Implications of Clinical Observations series. One of the writers is an oncologist and professor at Harvard Medical School; the other is a cancer researcher who has his own lab at the University of California, Davis."

NEJM also reporting on the benefits of natural immunity-

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2108120

"Accordingly, for a person who has already had a primary infection, the risk of having a severe reinfection is only approximately 1% of the risk of a previously uninfected person having a severe primary infection."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

How effective is the vaccine when you have to continously get booster after booster. I'm not going to be a pin cushion. I hate needles with a passion.

I've already been stabbed enough in my life having gone through a reconstructive jaw surgery and periodontal work. 

Moderna stock took a hit when their CEO said their vaccine is not effective against Omnicron.

I think is was the Pfizer CEO said annual "revaccinations" will be needed. Those are then Covid shots, not vaccinations!

Natural immunity is still the best bet. 

So far, no big surge of cases / deaths in S Africa where Omnicron was first found.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Moderna stock took a hit when their CEO said their vaccine is not effective against Omnicron.

I think is was the Pfizer CEO said annual "revaccinations" will be needed. Those are then Covid shots, not vaccinations!

Natural immunity is still the best bet. 

So far, no big surge of cases / deaths in S Africa where Omnicron was first found.  

Didn't the CDC change the definition of vaccine?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0d8aKspv?s=a99&pd=08vvqoSG&lang=en_US

Guy goes to Covid party to get natural immunity and dies from it

I elected to not get vaccinated because I believed in my circumstances that I would be ok. Caught it from my wife who was vaccinated. We thought she just had a cold and so I didn't really try to stay away from her. It worked out fine for me and the symptoms were relatively mild and short in duration. But, I would never seek it out and try to get infected. That, and I'm sorry he died as a result, is some kind of special stupid.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I completely understand your position,  and definitely respect it. If i lived in NY and saw the things you did, I would probably feel differently.  But, when people we know personally walk in to a clinic to get the shot and end up with strokes, or dead in a day or two the "study" doesn't mean much to me.  My family is full of Dr's from cardiologist, to RN, to teaching nursing at a university.  They are all vaccinated, but their position is changing.  They are seeing issues, and its not uncommon 

Hope you didn’t think that I was dismissing their experiences or your own feelings on the subject. Those are a lot of issues close to you and when they are that close they can feel very amplified.

It’s just very difficult to tell what causes health issues in today’s world and the vaccines are fairly simple with very limited ingredients. Probably less ingredients than almost everything we stuff our faces with these days. 

That said, I respect you enough not to argue about it online. Would rather be talking home audio or IU with you anyway!

32 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Hope you didn’t think that I was dismissing their experiences or your own feelings on the subject. Those are a lot of issues close to you and when they are that close they can feel very amplified.

It’s just very difficult to tell what causes health issues in today’s world and the vaccines are fairly simple with very limited ingredients. Probably less ingredients than almost everything we stuff our faces with these days. 

That said, I respect you enough not to argue about it online. Would rather be talking home audio or IU with you anyway!

No argument my friend!  Just pointing out what we have seen in front of us. I know you and your wife have been right in the thick of things out there. I try to keep an open mind as much as possible, and really only speak on what I see first hand.  My heating and air conditioning background doesn't qualify me much in the way of science 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

No argument my friend!  Just pointing out what we have seen in front of us. I know you and your wife have been right in the thick of things out there. I try to keep an open mind as much as possible, and really only speak on what I see first hand.  My heating and air conditioning background doesn't qualify me much in the way of science 😂

Meh, we were in thick of things in the beginning, but not so much since. And I think your heating and air conditioning background may trump my IU Russian History degree when it comes to science!

I just work with a bunch of smart people. I’m the dumbest by far, but they need me to keep the lights on and keep everything running. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Numerous studies are pointing to the link between vaccines and health issues. 

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

"We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination." 

10000 excess non Covid deaths largely due to circulatory issues just over the last several months

Edited by Reacher

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Numerous studies are pointing to the link between vaccines and health issues. 

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

An abstract without statistical discussion and design points to vaccines and health issues. 

I find it odd that the same people who were sticklers about restricting how you were supposed to count COVID deaths back in the day, are now lumping any health issue post-vaccination into caused by vaccine. Carry on though…

3 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

An abstract without statistical discussion and design points to vaccines and health issues. 

I find it odd that the same people who were sticklers about restricting how you were supposed to count COVID deaths back in the day, are now lumping any health issue post-vaccination into caused by vaccine. Carry on though…

So you are on record saying these researchers are wrong and there is no possible link? Other researchers that have found the same result  are just plain wrong? 

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

So you are on record saying these researchers are wrong and there is no possible link? Other researchers that have found the same result  are just plain wrong? 

Well, there is this……

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-vaccines-idUSL1N2SH1HN

The American Heart Association published an “expression of concern” in its journal on Nov. 24 to warn that the passage may not be reliable and that a “suitable correction” was needed (here).

It added: “Specifically, there are several typographical errors, there is no data in the abstract regarding myocardial T-cell infiltration, there are no statistical analyses for significance provided, and the author is not clear that only anecdotal data was used.”

15 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Well, there is this……

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-vaccines-idUSL1N2SH1HN

The American Heart Association published an “expression of concern” in its journal on Nov. 24 to warn that the passage may not be reliable and that a “suitable correction” was needed (here).

It added: “Specifically, there are several typographical errors, there is no data in the abstract regarding myocardial T-cell infiltration, there are no statistical analyses for significance provided, and the author is not clear that only anecdotal data was used.”

So anecdotal data was used and there was a typographical error and that is sufficient to throw out and totally disregard the conclusion? 

Come on. So tired of all the source bashing while ignoring the underlying issue. 

Peter Pan could say there is a link between the vaccines and heart issues. I'd just want to know if it is true. 

Are you willing to go on record and say their conclusions are patently false? Admit there might be a chance, however small, that their anecdotal data found something that deserves further study? 

12 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

“Fugitives” lol wow. More than “fugitives” slip through the cracks. I often wonder how some people make it to where they are while being so ignorant.

• Like 1