Coronavirus

Reacher

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm growing weary of this conversation.  At this point, everyone believes what they believe, and it is highly unlikely any new information changes their mind.

Isn’t that what’s supposed to be great about America though? People on both side of the equation should be able to share their views. You don’t have to believe them, but part of American should be being able to allow conversations on ……anything. That’s what’s getting political these days, banning certain types of “propaganda” if one side doesn’t agree with it. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I just looked him up and he’s still alive. Dude helped define my (admittedly warped) childhood. 

If he is alive, he isn't doing the act anymore. His son, however, is doing appearances as Sammy Terry. I see him on the tube every year around Halloween.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cthomas said:

If he is alive, he isn't doing the act anymore. His son, however, is doing appearances as Sammy Terry. I see him on the tube every year around Halloween.

Yeah, I looked it up...Bob Carter, the original, started the Sammy Terry character in 1964...He passed away in 2013...His son has don the character since the 90s I think...

Edit: Check that...His son took over in 2010...

That laugh...I always loved that...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Like I said weeks ago. Not fake news. Not a conspiracy. 

This sort of stuff shouldn't be hidden...it should be out there in every media channel all over the world...however you have to dig and dig and dig to find the truth of how people are being treated. I'll leave this little quote....I'm sure most are well aware of who Dietrich Bonhoeffer was and the evil of his time....

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak.
Not to act is to act.”

We tread on very very thin ice. We are justifying destroying liberty and freedom in the name of fear. We have a lot of religious and philosophical quotes on fear and evil...but even if you aren't well versed in those I bet just about everyone here knows this one... Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Master Yoda. 

We've seen what fear in the hearts of man has led to in the past. Some of our worst atrocities were born out of fear. I pray that we do not let fear build to such that it leads to hatred in our society...hatred between vaxxed and unvaxxed and left and right etc etc....because it will just lead to suffering. No matter what side of the issue or aisle we reside...we can not let our fears cause us to hate one another...to turn us neighbor against neighbor and brother against brother. Men's hearts are just as capable today as 80 years ago to do unspeakable evil...all in the name of fear.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm growing weary of this conversation.  At this point, everyone believes what they believe, and it is highly unlikely any new information changes their mind.

I will admit that I take frequent breaks, but get sucked bak in way too often. 

Can we just all admit that.....

Nobody on here is an expert on anything other than that in their professional field.....and the motion offense, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

The human toll in so many ways death,mental,physical  hasn't been ignored by me. 

The whole world is a clown show on all levels. Just getting hard to deal with it all. 

Honestly, I'm considering using my insurance and possibly finding a professional to talk to. All of it is wearing me out. 

Please feel free to reach out to others....probably a professional would be best but even if you just need a friend to get it off your chest...my PM is always available. 

Also...I like to visit the comic relief thread after this one....it really helps!! 

Life is pretty darn sick at times....I find laughter to be the best medicine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This sort of stuff shouldn't be hidden...it should be out there in every media channel all over the world...however you have to dig and dig and dig to find the truth of how people are being treated. I'll leave this little quote....I'm sure most are well aware of who Dietrich Bonhoeffer was and the evil of his time....

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak.
Not to act is to act.”

We tread on very very thin ice. We are justifying destroying liberty and freedom in the name of fear. We have a lot of religious and philosophical quotes on fear and evil...but even if you aren't well versed in those I bet just about everyone here knows this one... Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Master Yoda. 

We've seen what fear in the hearts of man has led to in the past. Some of our worst atrocities were born out of fear. I pray that we do not let fear build to such that it leads to hatred in our society...hatred between vaxxed and unvaxxed and left and right etc etc....because it will just lead to suffering. No matter what side of the issue or aisle we reside...we can not let our fears cause us to hate one another...to turn us neighbor against neighbor and brother against brother. Men's hearts are just as capable today as 80 years ago to do unspeakable evil...all in the name of fear.

I agree that we need to rediscover tolerance and the ability to see things from someone else's point of view. Social media has poured gasoline on the fire. The over the top hysterics that take place on those platforms are unbelievable. I quit Twitter altogether because of it. There is no reason to divide people into 'us and them' groups over differences of opinion. We need to see and hear ALL sides of an argument in order to make informed decisions. The degree of censorship that has been taking place on all of the information platforms is, to me, disturbing. It's not even what is being reported that bothers me. It's what is being left out.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I will admit that I take frequent breaks, but get sucked bak in way too often. 

Can we just all admit that.....

Nobody on here is an expert on anything other than that in their professional field.....and the motion offense, of course. 

I've said a couple of times - this thread will work perfectly if everyone approaches it without any goal of convincing anyone else of anything.  This is a large, de-centralized water cooler.  Nothing more.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just a question...but at what point is booster fatigue going to be a real thing? People getting tired of boosters and even more so the body's immune system being overworked and exhausted from these boosters?? If every variant that comes along is "alarming" and causes us to send people for more shots where does it end? I worry about my family. I was supportive of the vaccination for my elderly family members...but now they've had a booster...and in what...6 more months another...and another next?? At what point will it actually do more HARM then good? I don't know...and I'm not sure the experts do either. Is the solution to really to just keep vaccinating forever on this? I think it's a wonderful thing to protect so many people...but can you just keep going back to the same bottle for answer every time? Just questions...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Isn’t that what’s supposed to be great about America though? People on both side of the equation should be able to share their views. You don’t have to believe them, but part of American should be being able to allow conversations on ……anything. That’s what’s getting political these days, banning certain types of “propaganda” if one side doesn’t agree with it. 

I'm not suggesting the thread be locked or anything.  Simply stating that I personally dont enjoy the discussion as much as I used to.  I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone.  But, even the most debatable topics have a shelf live.  This one has reached expiration for me unless something very significant comes to light.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I agree that we need to rediscover tolerance and the ability to see things from someone else's point of view. Social media has poured gasoline on the fire. The over the top hysterics that take place on those platforms are unbelievable. I quit Twitter altogether because of it. There is no reason to divide people into 'us and them' groups over differences of opinion. We need to see and hear ALL sides of an argument in order to make informed decisions. The degree of censorship that has been taking place on all of the information platforms is, to me, disturbing. It's not even what is being reported that bothers me. It's what is being left out.

Agreed my friend. And I like to think even those I might sit on the other side of the spectrum on several issues are still my friend...and hopefully nothing should cause me to feel hatred or such passionate anger against them to go along with something that would cause them to suffer or be harmed. We may be on the opposite side today but tomorrow another issue we may be alike. Furthermore we all want what's best for those around us and those we loved we may just come to a different solution on how that is best achieved but in the end we generally have the same goals. I too am off all those social platforms. IMO they are extremely unhealthy for society. Amazing inventions with incredible potential but unfortunately in the wrong hands have melted down into the lowest and mostly worst of human nature.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not suggesting the thread be locked or anything.  Simply stating that I personally dont enjoy the discussion as much as I used to.  I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone.  But, even the most debatable topics have a shelf live.  This one has reached expiration for me unless something very significant comes to light.

I take regular breaks....every once in a while something new comes along and I try to see if there is any updates people share or that I might be able to share. That said...yes sadly this is a sad and exhausting topic...hopefully better news comes in the new year as opposed to the mostly negative news we have endured the past two.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Live(or not) and learn is what my feelings are on the subject.  

BTW, scheduled for my booster this coming Monday.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I take regular breaks....every once in a while something new comes along and I try to see if there is any updates people share or that I might be able to share. That said...yes sadly this is a sad and exhausting topic...hopefully better news comes in the new year as opposed to the mostly negative news we have endured the past two.

Was reading about Pfizer and Merck oral therapies (pills) coming in 2022.  They sound like the good news everyone wants to hear and can get behind.  Hoping those treatments will really lead us out of the pandemic mode to the new normal, whatever that is.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Was reading about Pfizer and Merck oral therapies (pills) coming in 2022.  They sound like the good news everyone wants to hear and can get behind.  Hoping those treatments will really lead us out of the pandemic mode to the new normal, whatever that is.

Serious question. How many people will be analyzing the ingredients in those pills, will be frightened of the long term side effects, or concerned about how quick they come to market? If it is different, will that be because it's taken orally? Or perhaps that they don't have immediate short term side effects like the vaccines do? Or that they don't have to be taken preemptively? 

It's probably a mix of all factors listed above. I'm all for these therapies, but I am curious to see if these get as vigorous of an examination by the public. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Serious question. How many people will be analyzing the ingredients in those pills, will be frightened of the long term side effects, or concerned about how quick they come to market? If it is different, will that be because it's taken orally? Or perhaps that they don't have immediate short term side effects like the vaccines do? Or that they don't have to be taken preemptively? 

It's probably a mix of all factors listed above. I'm all for these therapies, but I am curious to see if these get as vigorous of an examination by the public. 

There will inevitably be some people who won't take the pills. But I think most will. Being able to treat the symptoms from the beginning,  will be a huge advantage I think.  I'm not a shot guy, but take pills for allergies everyday.  I don't see this as any different 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Or the FDA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I'm just hoping for us to embrace an all encompassing solution...one that isn't just vaccine focused, lockdown focused, or experimental pills etc. Where we get to the point that we can attack this virus and defend ourselves with multiple methods and options...where people will have the freedom to choose the method of protection that best fits their conscious. 

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Just a question...but at what point is booster fatigue going to be a real thing? People getting tired of boosters and even more so the body's immune system being overworked and exhausted from these boosters?? If every variant that comes along is "alarming" and causes us to send people for more shots where does it end? I worry about my family. I was supportive of the vaccination for my elderly family members...but now they've had a booster...and in what...6 more months another...and another next?? At what point will it actually do more HARM then good? I don't know...and I'm not sure the experts do either. Is the solution to really to just keep vaccinating forever on this? I think it's a wonderful thing to protect so many people...but can you just keep going back to the same bottle for answer every time? Just questions...

I think we need to change the language. The vaccine is not a vaccine in the true sense. It is a Covid shot. Boosters are going to be like annual flu shots meant to update the coverage for new variants. Personally, I'm waiting for a booster that will protect against Omichron. Hopefully just a few months away. I'm not worried about Omichron but figure, at that point, for a moment in time, I'll be fully vaxxed. I don't want to get a booster now just to get another in a couple months.

Eventually, with the daily pills and therapeutics, there shouldn't be a need for these "vaccines".

The judge that struck down the federal vaccine mandate had this to say-

“If boosters are needed six months after being “fully vaccinated,” then how good are the COVID-19 vaccines, and why is it necessary to mandate them?”

“In other words, even if you are fully vaccinated, you still may become infected with the COVID-19 virus. Although CMS spent pages and pages attempting to explain the need for mandatory COVID-19 vaccines, when infection and hospitalizations rates are dropping, millions of people have already been infected, developing some form of natural immunity, and when people who have been fully vaccinated still become infected, mandatory vaccines as the only method of prevention make no sense,”

Treatment with other drugs and supplements has resulted in an 85% reduction in hospitalizations and death of high-risk individuals presenting with COVID-19.

Covid is not a death sentence- even for the elderly

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I 100% believe there will be people against those pills...absolutely. I too will be cautious to sift through the information on them. I just wonder to what point people will be allowed to be free to chose for themselves how they want to protect themselves. I think the pills can be very very important in saving lives and protecting people as we see new strains of the virus work around our vaccines and as we see people's antibody response weaken over time. Will we see vaccine fatigue in people's minds and in their body from over vaccination? So these pills will absolutely play an important part of the treatment and saving lives. However, the focus now has shifted more to forced vaccinations. So with that said I don't see these pills being a game changer in changing the narrative going on right now. That narrative being should people be forced to be vaccinated to work, live, and interact in society normally? That is really where most of the disagreement and discussions are focused. Will the results from these pills change minds in those in authority that forcing vaccination is no longer necessary? Would perhaps the option of having to take pills daily or the results we see from the pills etc to avoid covid cause people to decide getting a vaccination and being done be a safer and better solution.

51 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm just hoping for us to embrace an all encompassing solution...one that isn't just vaccine focused, lockdown focused, or experimental pills etc. Where we get to the point that we can attack this virus and defend ourselves with multiple methods and options...where people will have the freedom to choose the method of protection that best fits their conscious. 

This is it, best post on the subject. That is all anyone could or should ask for.👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1