Coronavirus

Reacher

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We did this in Bloomington when we lived at Elkins just before moving out in 95. None of us wanted to really do the deep cleaning necessary so I found an ad for almost topless cleaning services.  We all chipped in....got a last keg from Bloomington Liquors and we drank while they cleaned. Best $250 6 guys could spend 3 days before moving out. $40 for the keg and the rest to have the place cleaned. Actually did a really good job too. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not if you are  contained with your wife, well I can't speak for you but if I ordered carryout and it was delivered topless the rest of my meals would be consumed through a straw.

Some wives actually like top.....  Oh wait, this should be a thread of its own. My bad.. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I'm old fashioned, so feel free to beat me up, but to ll the young ladies out there, there is such a thing as too many tattoos.  The ladies in the photos in the linked article reached that point a while back.  

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We did this in Bloomington when we lived at Elkins just before moving out in 95. None of us wanted to really do the deep cleaning necessary so I found an ad for almost topless cleaning services.  We all chipped in....got a last keg from Bloomington Liquors and we drank while they cleaned. Best $250 6 guys could spend 3 days before moving out. $40 for the keg and the rest to have the place cleaned. Actually did a really good job too. 

Why did we never think of that. Got killed on security deposits for damage and not clean enough. We once had several from night moves come over to "clean" for us 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Why did we never think of that. Got killed on security deposits for damage and not clean enough. We once had several from night moves come over to "clean" for us 😀

I think that's where they actually worked which was just down the street from Elkins. We lost part of deposit for carpet (standard) but everything else was perfect.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think that's where they actually worked which was just down the street from Elkins. We lost part of deposit for carpet (standard) but everything else was perfect.

Thats awesome. My roommate of 3 years worked as a waitress at the moves, we got a lot pf perks so to speak.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not if you are  contained with your wife, well I can't speak for you but if I ordered carryout and it was delivered topless the rest of my meals would be consumed through a straw.

I am contained but my wife works at the local hospital. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

As of Tuesday morning, New York State had 25,665 cases, with at least 157 deaths. The state now accounts for nearly 7 percent of global cases. NYC has topped 15,000 cases and is doubling every three days.

we continue to pray for you, your family and all new yorkers. 

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

we continue to pray for you, your family and all new yorkers. 

Thank you, despite the scary numbers all is well here.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The numbers in Indiana, especially in the Indianapolis area, are beginning to get concerning. 

I've been watching the IN numbers too and they are definitely ticking up quite a bit. 106 new cases since yesterday is very concerning. I have a lot of older relatives still in Indiana and they seem to think this is all just a hoax and blown out of proportion to the real threat. I've tried to talk to them, but you can't force someone to do something they don't want to do.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The numbers in Indiana, especially in the Indianapolis area, are beginning to get concerning. 

Is this a situation of more cases. Or. More screening being done ?  I see this happening all over the country. And must confess. I am confused.

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Thank you, despite the scary numbers all is well here.

I've been watching the IN numbers too and they are definitely ticking up quite a bit. 106 new cases since yesterday is very concerning. I have a lot of older relatives still in Indiana and they seem to think this is all just a hoax and blown out of proportion to the real threat. I've tried to talk to them, but you can't force someone to do something they don't want to do.

I just noticed that my small rural county has 6 and that does not include the 3 that I know of from our schools since they actually live in neighboring counties. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Is this a situation of more cases. Or. More screening being done ?  I see this happening all over the country. And must confess. I am confused.

In Indiana, the percentage of deaths as compared to the number of cases, is one of the highest in the country.  Indiana has 12 deaths on 365 cases.  Compare that to Maryland, with only 3 deaths on 349 cases, or North Carolina, with no deaths on 410 cases,  

And, Illinois has 12 deaths like Indiana, but on 1,285 cases.  

Edited by 5fouls

20 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Just heard about business owners who are taking out lines of credit. In order to pay their employees. 

I guess I don't work for 1 of them. I spent hours last night and this morning reaching out to some of our clients that owe money but are big enough to endure and was able to get several invoices paid, only to find out that we will all be laid off and therefore will not be getting paid. The cherry on top is that no commissions will be paid to me for my sales. Big picture we will find a way to survive and as long as Ayden is OK I can handle the rest but not the news I was hoping for today. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I guess I don't work for 1 of them. I spent hours last night and this morning reaching out to some of our clients that owe money but are big enough to endure and was able to get several invoices paid, only to find out that we will all be laid off and therefore will not be getting paid. The cherry on top is that no commissions will be paid to me for my sales. Big picture we will find a way to survive and as long as Ayden is OK I can handle the rest but not the news I was hoping for today. 

Praying for all involved!

And here they finally decided to shut the plant down for two weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This is exactly the thing that I am most afraid of during this whole thing. Sure the sickness is bad, but good people and families losing jobs and means of support are going to really start piling up. Especially in areas that are already struggling. I am so sorry this is happening to you and your family.

This is what I hope the politicians can agree on fixing. Get money to people who are losing their paychecks. Let's try to help the little guys one time and see how that works out. Sorry, that may be out of line as politics, but people's livelihoods are on the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The people that will test positive are already out there. So I think it's just a product of more testing is being done as test kits become available.

Posted earlier in thread but a good compilation of the data

https://covidtracking.com/data/

So far its holding around 15% tested test positive with a mortality rate of around 1.2%  

Extrapolating out for total US population, if enough testing is done expect 55-65 million positive cases.  I just cant imagine we will see 550,000 - 650,000 deaths though. Sure hop not anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

This is exactly the thing that I am most afraid of during this whole thing. Sure the sickness is bad, but good people and families losing jobs and means of support are going to really start piling up. Especially in areas that are already struggling. I am so sorry this is happening to you and your family.

This is what I hope the politicians can agree on fixing. Get money to people who are losing their paychecks. Let's try to help the little guys one time and see how that works out. Sorry, that may be out of line as politics, but people's livelihoods are on the line.

I agree with your sentiment 100% and if that's considered political then someone needs to change the rules.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I agree with your sentiment 100% and if that's considered political then someone needs to change the rules.

With the markets being up today, I would be surprised if it got finalized today.  I'm guessing tomorrow it will get finalized to try to boost the markets up again.

Unemployment numbers come out Thursday, and they're going to be ugly.  Markets will probably take a hit that day, so they'll probably release the package tomorrow to give markets a head start for Thursday.

Just my guesses.

• Like 1