Coronavirus

Reacher

Our county issued a stay at home order today.  Banking and other things are exempted. So I sent my wife to our bank to make a cash withdrawal. She went to a branch that has a drive up.  No one there. And no signs.  So she drove to another branch. Doors closed, with a sign to utilize the drive through only.  Which she did. Probably a good thing for her and them.  Still she scrubbed her hands when she made it back in the house.

Not sure if this this is getting out of hand or not.   Just stay safe Hoosier Sports Nation. And know I love you all.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

images (1).jpeg

That brings back memories. Used to have a civilian job driving all over Ft. Benning in a truck. At least twice I could tell there was an Apache practicing their targeting on me. I just thought I'm glad I could help them practice. 

27 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Glad you clarified Maxima. I would have figured a Titan if driving a Nissan in TX :D

Wife drives a Toyota Tacoma... We did have a Tundra (great truck) but needed to compromise between hay hauling and parking it when she goes shopping... 

Of course none of them can PARK a truck... Took this Pic at Kroger a while back 

20181104_151321.jpg

• Haha 1

Have had to go out into public a couple times since social distancing has been implemented.  I have to admit, I like it.  People avoiding getting too close and standing 6 ft away not bumping into me or breathing down my neck when I'm in line is nice. When America goes back to work I hope stores maintain this policy. 

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

"The rat-borne illness, which U.S. health officials say cannot be transmitted from person-to-person, is typically passed to patients when they breathe in air contaminated with the virus through rodent droppings." 

I wonder about people sometimes... 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

"The rat-borne illness, which U.S. health officials say cannot be transmitted from person-to-person, is typically passed to patients when they breathe in air contaminated with the virus through rodent droppings." 

I wonder about people sometimes... 

Have to entertain yourself somehow with all of this lockdown!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I remember before Nissan, they were called Datsun.  In Colorado, we ask :  "What's a Nissan ? "   LOL  back at ya.  Thanks for being a great HSN member. 

I'm serious... I see very few Subarus here... Lots of Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans... But I bet I haven't seen 10 Subarus since I've lived here... You guys and Washington state hoard them all 😁

58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm serious... I see very few Subarus here... Lots of Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans... But I bet I haven't seen 10 Subarus since I've lived here... You guys and Washington state hoard them all 😁

Oh. I understand. Not much need for an all wheel drive vehicle in Texas.  And if you ever came to Colorado you would see Subaru's everywhere.   Day. Night and all the time. 

By the way.  Most of my friends come from Texas.

Including my wife.  And a relative who spent the last 8 years in Germany, and is now a professor at the University of Denver.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Our county issued a stay at home order today.  Banking and other things are exempted. So I sent my wife to our bank to make a cash withdrawal. She went to a branch that has a drive up.  No one there. And no signs.  So she drove to another branch. Doors closed, with a sign to utilize the drive through only.  Which she did. Probably a good thing for her and them.  Still she scrubbed her hands when she made it back in the house.

Not sure if this this is getting out of hand or not.   Just stay safe Hoosier Sports Nation. And know I love you all.

I use a lysol wipe to handle the container at banks, when pumping gas and at grocery check out lines. Better safe than sorry!

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

That brings back memories. Used to have a civilian job driving all over Ft. Benning in a truck. At least twice I could tell there was an Apache practicing their targeting on me. I just thought I'm glad I could help them practice. 

Up here it was A-10s. They'll really pucker your pooper when they swoop in from behind. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just like the other day, when an NBA player came into an interview room to touch everything with his hands. Only to later be tested positive for the virus.

We've got a lot of intelligent people in our country. On the other hand. Not so much for others.  Simply amazing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

U.S.A !  U.S.A.  !

It's just frustrating for me seeing people congregating at the grocery store, or wal mart every day, yet my wife who is a self employed massage therapist cant work.  She has 3-5 clients a day Tues-fri and complete control over the cleanliness of her workspace and very little human interaction.  And we are out 35% of our household income.

But I have an essential job fortunately and will still donate and help as much as I can because, USA and it's what we do.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's just frustrating for me seeing people congregating at the grocery store, or wal mart every day, yet my wife who is a self employed massage therapist cant work.  She has 3-5 clients a day Tues-fri and complete control over the cleanliness of her workspace and very little human interaction.  And we are out 35% of our household income. But I have an essential job fortunately and will still donate and help as much as I can. 

Oh I hear you. The six foot rule in stores here in Colorado has now been extended to ten feet.  Tape on the the floors, at grocery stores has been removed from six feet to ten feet now.

My prayer is going out for you and your family.  Hang tough.

• Thanks 1

Italy's death rate has crested over 10%.  U.S. death rate tracking at 1.37%.  Both countries still racking up new cases.

...and SMH at the IDIOT who licked a toilet seat and contracted Coronavirus.  Really hard to feel sorry for people like that.

34 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Italy's death rate has crested over 10%.  U.S. death rate tracking at 1.37%.  Both countries still racking up new cases.

...and SMH at the IDIOT who licked a toilet seat and contracted Coronavirus.  Really hard to feel sorry for people like that.

The death rate likely will continue to rise until it peaks, but it is still, I think., being somewhat overblown.

Latest numbers as of today per the Washington Post 

US 827 (out of 60,115 confirmed cases)

Italy is now double China though

7,503 out of 74,386 cases

to China

3,285 of 81,661 cases (reported)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/mapping-spread-new-coronavirus/?itid=sf_coronavirus