Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Reacher

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Well, let's put it like this... I drive a Nissan (Maxima) to work every morning, and between semis, duallys, and pick-ups, I'm the rare exception. 

But they all drive them like they're Ferrari's...

It's pretty much the same here in Georgia and I drive on a two lane highway! We probably have a few more cars. But Trucks are the majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our county issued a stay at home order today.  Banking and other things are exempted. So I sent my wife to our bank to make a cash withdrawal. She went to a branch that has a drive up.  No one there. And no signs.  So she drove to another branch. Doors closed, with a sign to utilize the drive through only.  Which she did. Probably a good thing for her and them.  Still she scrubbed her hands when she made it back in the house.

Not sure if this this is getting out of hand or not.   Just stay safe Hoosier Sports Nation. And know I love you all.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Well, let's put it like this... I drive a Nissan (Maxima) to work every morning, and between semis, duallys, and pick-ups, I'm the rare exception. 

But they all drive them like they're Ferrari's...

 

images (1).jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

 

images (1).jpeg

That brings back memories. Used to have a civilian job driving all over Ft. Benning in a truck. At least twice I could tell there was an Apache practicing their targeting on me. I just thought I'm glad I could help them practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Glad you clarified Maxima. I would have figured a Titan if driving a Nissan in TX :D

Wife drives a Toyota Tacoma... We did have a Tundra (great truck) but needed to compromise between hay hauling and parking it when she goes shopping... 

Of course none of them can PARK a truck... Took this Pic at Kroger a while back 

 

20181104_151321.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have had to go out into public a couple times since social distancing has been implemented.  I have to admit, I like it.  People avoiding getting too close and standing 6 ft away not bumping into me or breathing down my neck when I'm in line is nice. When America goes back to work I hope stores maintain this policy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

"The rat-borne illness, which U.S. health officials say cannot be transmitted from person-to-person, is typically passed to patients when they breathe in air contaminated with the virus through rodent droppings." 

I wonder about people sometimes... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

"The rat-borne illness, which U.S. health officials say cannot be transmitted from person-to-person, is typically passed to patients when they breathe in air contaminated with the virus through rodent droppings." 

I wonder about people sometimes... 

Have to entertain yourself somehow with all of this lockdown!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I remember before Nissan, they were called Datsun.  In Colorado, we ask :  "What's a Nissan ? "   LOL  back at ya.  Thanks for being a great HSN member. 

I'm serious... I see very few Subarus here... Lots of Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans... But I bet I haven't seen 10 Subarus since I've lived here... You guys and Washington state hoard them all 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Have to entertain yourself somehow with all of this lockdown!

Been playing tic tac toe with myself. Currently undefeated. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm serious... I see very few Subarus here... Lots of Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans... But I bet I haven't seen 10 Subarus since I've lived here... You guys and Washington state hoard them all 😁

Vermont has 95% of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm serious... I see very few Subarus here... Lots of Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans... But I bet I haven't seen 10 Subarus since I've lived here... You guys and Washington state hoard them all 😁

Oh. I understand. Not much need for an all wheel drive vehicle in Texas.  And if you ever came to Colorado you would see Subaru's everywhere.   Day. Night and all the time. 

By the way.  Most of my friends come from Texas.

Including my wife.  And a relative who spent the last 8 years in Germany, and is now a professor at the University of Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw in my morning paper where the kid from Ohio that was on spring break in Miami has apologized for his "If I get corona, I get corona" comment he made last week.....,,.

Also see where Prince Charles has tested positive. Hope the Queen is alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Our county issued a stay at home order today.  Banking and other things are exempted. So I sent my wife to our bank to make a cash withdrawal. She went to a branch that has a drive up.  No one there. And no signs.  So she drove to another branch. Doors closed, with a sign to utilize the drive through only.  Which she did. Probably a good thing for her and them.  Still she scrubbed her hands when she made it back in the house.

Not sure if this this is getting out of hand or not.   Just stay safe Hoosier Sports Nation. And know I love you all.

I use a lysol wipe to handle the container at banks, when pumping gas and at grocery check out lines. Better safe than sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I use a lysol wipe to handle the container at banks, when pumping gas and at grocery check out lines. Better safe than sorry!

Great tip. Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

That brings back memories. Used to have a civilian job driving all over Ft. Benning in a truck. At least twice I could tell there was an Apache practicing their targeting on me. I just thought I'm glad I could help them practice. 

Up here it was A-10s. They'll really pucker your pooper when they swoop in from behind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just like the other day, when an NBA player came into an interview room to touch everything with his hands. Only to later be tested positive for the virus.

We've got a lot of intelligent people in our country. On the other hand. Not so much for others.  Simply amazing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

At least in my town its business as usual and people aren't following the shelter in place order. 

U.S.A !  U.S.A.  !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

U.S.A !  U.S.A.  !

It's just frustrating for me seeing people congregating at the grocery store, or wal mart every day, yet my wife who is a self employed massage therapist cant work.  She has 3-5 clients a day Tues-fri and complete control over the cleanliness of her workspace and very little human interaction.  And we are out 35% of our household income.

But I have an essential job fortunately and will still donate and help as much as I can because, USA and it's what we do.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's just frustrating for me seeing people congregating at the grocery store, or wal mart every day, yet my wife who is a self employed massage therapist cant work.  She has 3-5 clients a day Tues-fri and complete control over the cleanliness of her workspace and very little human interaction.  And we are out 35% of our household income. But I have an essential job fortunately and will still donate and help as much as I can. 

Oh I hear you. The six foot rule in stores here in Colorado has now been extended to ten feet.  Tape on the the floors, at grocery stores has been removed from six feet to ten feet now.

My prayer is going out for you and your family.  Hang tough.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy's death rate has crested over 10%.  U.S. death rate tracking at 1.37%.  Both countries still racking up new cases.

...and SMH at the IDIOT who licked a toilet seat and contracted Coronavirus.  Really hard to feel sorry for people like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...