Coronavirus

Reacher

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honest question. Supposed to have several friends coming in town this weekend for hoops, beer, cards,etc.....and I guess the unknown surrounding everything right now has me really confused. Are people just going about business as usual or would you guys/gals suggest delaying events for groups of people coming in from parts of country until we get a better grasp. 

I really don't have a clue.

So far it has been business as usual here in the Warsaw area.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honest question. Supposed to have several friends coming in town this weekend for hoops, beer, cards,etc.....and I guess the unknown surrounding everything right now has me really confused. Are people just going about business as usual or would you guys/gals suggest delaying events for groups of people coming in from parts of country until we get a better grasp. 

I really don't have a clue.

I think it really depends on where they are coming from. Being in more rural southern indiana its business as usual. No toilet paper shortages for me. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-ma

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not sure what that tells us.  In 16 us presidential race 55% of eligible voters voted.  

I guess it just tells us congress doesnt care. If they helped fund the elections and got of their hands and did their job then it would be decided. 

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not sure what that tells us.  In 16 us presidential race 55% of eligible voters voted.  

Let me try to help. The government issued a travel warning  this morning for people 60 years or older for non-essential travel. And my wife has tickets to fly to Orlando next Monday.  So... I am attempting to talk her out of going.

I have seen HSN members being told it is ok to work from home.  My question.  How has this impacted your everyday life or future plans ?

Edit:  Oh heck, I wanted to quote Hoosier Jax.  Instead I quoted the wrong one.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Wouldn't the United States be the one who decided to make them a state?   

Congress has to vote to change their status but Puerto Rico voting for statehood is taken into consideration. 

Puerto Ricans dont have to and dont want to pay federal taxes. Only those who work for the US.gov or work in CONUS have to pay in. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to share I  will ask to get  tested showing most symptoms just not severe probably because I’m  young but wish me luck it’s too late to contain here in Cali for everyone else prepare this isn’t some joke. Also the key tell symptoms is u get everything I have felt cold,cough,throat/airwaves start closing up affecting breathing, headaches, mild to severe fever and lastly diarrhea.

16 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Just wanted to share I  will ask to get  tested showing most symptoms just not severe probably because I’m  young but wish me luck it’s too late to contain here in Cali for everyone else prepare this isn’t some joke. Also the key tell symptoms is u get everything I have felt cold,cough,throat/airwaves start closing up affecting breathing, headaches, mild to severe fever and lastly diarrhea.

Wishing you the best of luck  on your test.

Though the only problem is we have shortage of tests so may not get a chance to get tested many people being turned down because of the shortage this whole administration is a joke we had three months to prepare. I’m not mad that I may probably have it but I am mad that it  happen not by  my own human errors  but by government incompetence. In California we might have the largest homeless population in the country i wonder what the plan is for those poor people. They are coughing everywhere I see them this is ridiculous look I’m not  saying trump is terrible but he must be better than this. FYI if anyone thinks I’m pro left I dislike both Democrats or republicans just want fellow Americans citizens to be taken care of not neglected we need to forget politics  come together otherwise a lot of loved ones will pay the price for our inability to put away our differences.

Edited by Calihoosier
  • Like 2

I was listening to a podcast and the epidemiologist being interviewed said that as a country we are over-reacting and under-reacting at the same time. And the under-reaction is causing the over-reaction.

I'll try to summarize:

-We have tested (as of yesterday) 8,000 people total. In comparison South Korea is testing 10,000 a day. The lack of urgency to get test kits a month ago put us behind the ball.
-Being able to test earlier would have allowed us to locate clusters. Thus, only quarantining those areas instead of having a mass panic and trying to quarantine everything. We don't know who has the virus and what areas it is most prevalent in. If you don't know this info; it's hard to minimize the spread. 
-Apparently a million testing kits were supposed to be here last week. They still aren't here. 
-Don't panic when we start testing more people because the number of infected are going to jump greatly. This information is good (despite the bad results it may show) because it's going to allow us to locate clusters, which is a whole lot better than running around like chicken with our heads cut off. This is the first step in flattening the curve. 

What doesn't help is people trying to minimize the virus as a 'hoax' or a 'political ploy' or saying it's 'not as bad as the flu' or saying 'it's okay to go to work if you have symptoms'. Every one of those theories or thoughts have been proven untrue. Don't freak out, but also take it seriously and don't spread misinformation. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1