Coronavirus

Reacher

29 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

🇺🇸...Oh say does that star spangled banner still wave,  o'er the land of the free...and the home of the brave!  🇺🇸

Yes, that's really funny...🙄

Keep politics out of here and no one will say a word...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Let me try to help. The government issued a travel warning  this morning for people 60 years or older for non-essential travel. And my wife has tickets to fly to Orlando next Monday.  So... I am attempting to talk her out of going.

I have seen HSN members being told it is ok to work from home.  My question.  How has this impacted your everyday life or future plans ?

Edit:  Oh heck, I wanted to quote Hoosier Jax.  Instead I quoted the wrong one.

The only thing that's changed for me is being forced to buy a little extra TP and not ordering chinese takeout or really eating out in general.  

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

As with the test kits...maybe the individual states should grow a set of balls, develope their own kits and, forget about the FDA. 

A doctor and researcher developed her own test in Washington. Because of all the bureaucracy she couldn't use it - she decided to side step the government and was the one who caught that initial cluster in Washington. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/10/us/coronavirus-testing-delays.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just updating my situation went to urgent care to try to get tested nope if your not showing severe symptoms you won’t get tested  if it’s only mild because of severe shortage of tests lol just great u need to follow their guidelines plus your primary doctor has to ordered it for you if he or she can. So I called primary doctor to schedule appointment and order a test can’t because there not seeing no patients because busy overseeing  more serious cases and backed up from overload of patients. Well folks it’s starting buckle your seatbelts because it’s gonna get chaotic here in Cali. But it is genius for this administration keep low numbers that way by not testing lol.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Just updating my situation went to urgent care to try to get tested nope if your not showing severe symptoms you won’t get tested  if it’s only mild because of severe shortage of tests lol just great u need to follow their guidelines plus your primary doctor has to ordered it for you if he or she can. So I called primary doctor to schedule appointment and order a test can’t because there not seeing no patients because busy overseeing  more serious cases and backed up from overload of patients. Well folks it’s starting buckle your seatbelts because it’s gonna get chaotic here in Cali. But it is genius for this administration keep low numbers that way by not testing lol.

Hope you get better soon. 

1 hour ago, Calihoosier said:

I hear ya about the administration in California.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Yikes..not good

Only 128 confirmed cases so far.  So we will see how well it does there soon. 

Also, since Australia is in the southern hemisphere their seasons are reversed. Will be winter there in a couple months. 

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, Calihoosier said:

Yeah! The Chinese government controls every aspect of life in China, and look what a GREAT job they've done at controlling this situation. Good thinking, there, Einstein. 

• Like 2

Finally. I was successful in convincing my wife to cancel her flight to Orlando next week.  However she has been on hold with United Airlines for over an hour, now. Still waiting to talk to a live person.  Sounds like many others are cancelling.

• Thanks 1