Coronavirus

Reacher

So here I am in one of the opening States, as opposed to the State my daughter lives in California. 

I can tell you first hand, the media reports trying to make the States that are opening irresponsible and the reports about the lock down state’s being right are absolute lies!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter confirms that the canned photos of California protestors on the beach are from like last 4th of July!! People are actually practicing social distancing!

Here in Georgia I can tell you that strict social distancing and face mask rules are in affect! Especially here at the plant! But also at the sit in restaurants and open businesses!

Any news media that projects something different, well you decide!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

So here I am in one of the opening States, as opposed to the State my daughter lives in California. 

I can tell you first hand, the media reports trying to make the States that are opening irresponsible and the reports about the lock down state’s being right are absolute lies!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter confirms that the canned photos of California protestors on the beach are from like last 4th of July!! People are actually practicing social distancing!

Here in Georgia I can tell you that strict social distancing and face mask rules are in affect! Especially here at the plant! But also at the sit in restaurants and open businesses!

Any news media that projects something different, well you decide!! 

Kinda like this?

16443047-0794-4F12-869A-31A69B5E6CA3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just an interesting article if you didn't see it yesterday: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original

A study is finding that the Coronavirus developed a new strain that has mutated and is more contagious (not necessarily more deadly) than the original. The new strain is traced back to Europe, and it's the strain that hit the East Coast. This may also explain why the West Coast and other Asian countries have a better handle on it....they are dealing with a less contagious strain.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Just an interesting article if you didn't see it yesterday: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original

A study is finding that the Coronavirus developed a new strain that has mutated and is more contagious (not necessarily more deadly) than the original. The new strain is traced back to Europe, and it's the strain that hit the East Coast. This may also explain why the West Coast and other Asian countries have a better handle on it....they are dealing with a less contagious strain.  

I saw a report of that on the local tv, this morning.  Stay safe TD.

31 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

So if you follow the very first Link in the LA Times article to the website that contains the data, the very first thing that is mentioned is the following disclaimer...

"bioRxiv is receiving many new papers on coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.   A reminder: these are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information"

Apparently the LA Times reporter didn't read that part.

Then again, maybe he did...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So if you follow the very first Link in the LA Times article to the website that contains the data, the very first thing that is mentioned is the following disclaimer...

"bioRxiv is receiving many new papers on coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.   A reminder: these are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information"

Apparently the LA Times reporter didn't read that part.

Then again, maybe he did...

The reporter actually did talk about differing views about halfway in and why they need to be considered, but also why more studies need to be done. He actually went into this with quite a bit of depth by interviewing other doctors. Nothing in the content indicates that any of this is conclusive. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

1588768470844_Clint.jpg

So true. My aunt's neighbor is in her upper 90's but still very active. Rides around their hood in her golf cart. I ran into her Monday and she stopped by and asked if that "thing" was still going on. I said yep...that thing is still going on as she drove away and just went about her business. Must admit. Was pretty jealous. Haha.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

The reporter actually did talk about differing views about halfway in and why they need to be considered, but also why more studies need to be done. He actually went into this with quite a bit of depth by interviewing other doctors. Nothing in the content indicates that any of this is conclusive. 

I read that part, but why even publish it until something is substantiated? What good does it do the general public?

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I read that part, but why even publish it until something is substantiated? What good does it do the general public?

Pretty much every single article regarding COVID19 is unsubstantiated because we are learning about it. They are just reporting on information a new study found. This was reported in multiple new sources yesterday. 

I just shared because I personally have wondered why the East Coast and Europe are getting hammered harder than the West Coast and Asia. This may explain why...it may not explain why, just something to consider as scientists continue to learn more about this thing. 

11 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Pretty much every single article regarding COVID19 is unsubstantiated because we are learning about it. They are just reporting on information a new study found. This was reported in multiple new sources yesterday. 

I just shared because I personally have wondered why the East Coast and Europe are getting hammered harder than the West Coast and Asia. This may explain why...it may not explain why, just something to consider as scientists continue to learn more about this thing. 

I appreciate you providing the link. Trying to give the reporter the benefit of the doubt, it could be the headline was written by someone else. For those that just peruse a lot of headlines (I'll admit I'm guilty of this), it certainly leads to a different  conclusion.

47 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Not skewering you at all...just that I think with articles like this we're playing right into China's hands. They want to sow the seeds of discord and confusion...well, to me, articles like this accomplish that...

Most people won't read it with a discerning eye like you and i have. It's in the LA Times with that headline...it's fact...

Edited by IUFLA

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Two important follow-up questions to this story.

• Did he have toilet paper?
  • Did he wash his hands for 20 seconds afterwards?

https://www.wthr.com/article/toilet-flush-heard-during-supreme-court-oral-arguments-conference-call

Yes to one. No to the other. It's up to you to figure out which one.   LOL

Take care 5.  We love ya.

Staying at home in NYC not so safe?

"About 18 percent came from nursing homes, 4 percent from assisted-living facilities, 2 percent were homeless, 2 percent had been at other "congregate" settings, fewer than 1 percent were prison or jail inmates, and 8 percent were classified as "other."

"This is a surprise," the governor told reporters at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research in Manhasset, New York. "Sixty-six percent of the people were at home, which is shocking to us."

How is this happening?

Edited by IUFLA

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Alright.

First we had farmers plowing under their produce.

Then.... we had cattle being killed.

Now.... this waste has gotten completely out of hand :

Colorado craft breweries  to dump beer – Boulder Daily Camera

I'm sure we could find some college kids (like the farmlink kids...along with others) help with this dilemma...

Edited by IUFLA