HSN Memory Lane Thread

On 3/2/2020 at 11:55 PM, milehiiu said:

I am sure Jaybob and NaturalHoosier remember HuskyBomb.  Husky and I developed a relationship. In that after he graduated from IU. He joined the Army. Then got assigned to the 4th infantry division at Fort Carson, Colorado.  My last duty station. He spent several combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.  And he gave me his military e-mail.  His last mission Husky sent me pictures of him and four of his closest buddies in Afghanistan. Then one day, I watching the news on  Denver tv. And hear that four members of the 4th infantry from Fort Carson had been killed. My heart skipped a beat. I tried to get a hold of Husky via his military e-mail.  But the Army always would shut it down for guys that were sent on a mission.

It was weeks later, when Husky got back with me.  And yes. It was his team that got killed in action. He was the only one to make it out alive.  After attacking the enemy and taking them all out.

Later when Husky returned to the U.S.  He got in touch with me. Saying he would be going back to school in South Carolina, for an advanced degree.  But that he was having a really hard time dealing with all that he had gone through.  I never heard from him again, after that.

I had forgotten about Husky, but I remember the circumstances like it were yesterday Ken. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IUHatHead, I remember a game thread one time, we were joking about betting on the game. Since it seemed we lived about an hour apart here in GA, the bet was whoever lost would buy pizza and beer. Problem was we both wanted to bet the same way, so we never did get together.

Jaybob and Natty!!  Cool to see you guys again! Long time, wow!  I won't be offended if either of you forgot me though! :) 

Jaybob and Blue were the two Scout mods most new HSN 1 people first got brave enough to chime in on when the less appropriate jokes started flying LOL 

On 3/21/2020 at 9:53 AM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Remember when you went to the store and saw that stuff called toilet paper? 

Remember when everyone you knew in the neighborhood staying home for two weeks was only when you and your buddies got grounded together? 

And I think that Jaybob and Natural Hoosier were still around, when Hoosier Sports Nation contacted Indiana University. In order to get tickets to a game for our mascot. Ayden Billingsley and his family.  I know CC remembers.  When IU told us they could not honor our request. Only somehow have Coach Crean hear about it, and give the Billingsley's some of his personal tickets.

This is what HSN does. We truly are family.  Thinking of our mascot.... daily. 

21 hours ago, milehiiu said:

And I think that Jaybob and Natural Hoosier were still around, when Hoosier Sports Nation contacted Indiana University. In order to get tickets to a game for our mascot. Ayden Billingsley and his family.  I know CC remembers.  When IU told us they could not honor our request. Only somehow have Coach Crean hear about it, and give the Billingsley's some of his personal tickets.

This is what HSN does. We truly are family.  Thinking of our mascot.... daily. 

For some reason I think Oggy played a big role in that special night. Oggy sent me text during game when Ayden and I were on the big screen. 

Was BirdAlfordBailey on HSN? I know he and I were really close on Hickory Husker, but believe he was an old Scout guy as well.

Ah yes. Oggy played a part in getting the tickets.  Have completely forgotten about Oggy.  A great guy. Who would trade PM's with me often.

As far as BirdAlfordBailey.... though I recall the name.  I don't have much to add.  Maybe CC or one of our current mods, or even Jaybob or Natty can help.

And of course.  Never forget about Government Cheese.   Oh, I have stories to tell about him !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 10:51 AM, milehiiu said:

Ah yes. Oggy played a part in getting the tickets.  Have completely forgotten about Oggy.  A great guy. Who would trade PM's with me often.

As far as BirdAlfordBailey.... though I recall the name.  I don't have much to add.  Maybe CC or one of our current mods, or even Jaybob or Natty can help.

And of course.  Never forget about Government Cheese.   Oh, I have stories to tell about him !

Hey Mile

Another lurker here that is bored from this quarantine and decided to finally post! I’ve been following since Jeremy hollowell committed and I saw his quote in the paper (something like, “at Indiana, I felt there was something special”). I googled his name during study hall and found JCBasketball telling everyone Gary Harris was coming to IU. Been following you guys ever since. 

I am currently in the army and stationed in southern Alabama. I wear my Indiana colors all the time and people get it confused with Alabama crimson and tide!

I check this site everyday and love feeling connected even though I’m so far away! Hope we get a season this year. Stay safe!

2 hours ago, HoosierEast said:

Hey Mile

Another lurker here that is bored from this quarantine and decided to finally post! I’ve been following since Jeremy hollowell committed and I saw his quote in the paper (something like, “at Indiana, I felt there was something special”). I googled his name during study hall and found JCBasketball telling everyone Gary Harris was coming to IU. Been following you guys ever since. 

I am currently in the army and stationed in southern Alabama. I wear my Indiana colors all the time and people get it confused with Alabama crimson and tide!

I check this site everyday and love feeling connected even though I’m so far away! Hope we get a season this year. Stay safe!

WOW ! 

So happy to hear from you.   I served in the Army after graduating from IU during the Viet Nam War.   A huge thank you for your service to this great country of ours.

JC Basketball. Another wow.

Please. Please. Don't remain a stranger.

Keep your head down. And stay safe as well.

12 hours ago, HoosierEast said:

Hey Mile

Thank you for your service.  Glad you are posting.  Stay safe and we look forward to your contributions 

Forgot all about JCbasketball

22 hours ago, HoosierEast said:

Hey Mile

Thank you for your service. Stay safe my friend!

Archived