HSN Memory Lane Thread

17 minutes ago, morganmonroe said:

You know what I remember about JayBob?  He was the king of exclamation points.  The absolute KING.  I see a few sprinkled in here, but not as many as B.K.  (Before Kids)

Kids do have a way of teaching us what to get excited over. 

Good to see you, sir!   Sincerely.

He’s gotten a little older, now the joy of life is gone 

🤣

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

Good to see you old buddy! I've been meaning to post over here for awhile, but I've been too lazy to reset my long forgotten password. Couldn't pass up a chance to say hi, hope you are doing well.

Great to see you again. I've seen you lurking for quite some time now.  Hope this thread will bring you back home as it has to others. 

1 hour ago, morganmonroe said:

You know what I remember about JayBob?  He was the king of exclamation points.  The absolute KING.  I see a few sprinkled in here, but not as many as B.K.  (Before Kids)

Kids do have a way of teaching us what to get excited over. 

Good to see you, sir!   Sincerely.

I actually considered kicking off my original sentence with several, but decided against lol. Looking back I can’t believe I did that, but hey, at least I was known for something lol.

Good to see you bud!

7 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

This is a great thread. But seems we would not be doing it justice if we do not recognise our lost friend, CCGeneral.

As well a Laf, and sadly, others.

Puts petty message board spats in perspective. 

Love our new friends around here, and happy to see old ones.  :)

Yep.  As I posted in the other thread.  Laf and his family spent an afternoon and evening at my house one summer.  No mention of any health issues.  He may not have even been aware of any at the time.  But, it was just months later, that he passed.

CC General's passing also took me by surprise.  The guy was relentless in bringing "stuff" to the board.  Much like snowling.  Who by the way is having serious health issues right now, but continues to be active on our board.  Please say a prayer for snowing, and his wife who is having a knee replacement any day now.

I am sure Jaybob and NaturalHoosier remember HuskyBomb.  Husky and I developed a relationship. In that after he graduated from IU. He joined the Army. Then got assigned to the 4th infantry division at Fort Carson, Colorado.  My last duty station. He spent several combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.  And he gave me his military e-mail.  His last mission Husky sent me pictures of him and four of his closest buddies in Afghanistan. Then one day, I watching the news on  Denver tv. And hear that four members of the 4th infantry from Fort Carson had been killed. My heart skipped a beat. I tried to get a hold of Husky via his military e-mail.  But the Army always would shut it down for guys that were sent on a mission.

It was weeks later, when Husky got back with me.  And yes. It was his team that got killed in action. He was the only one to make it out alive.  After attacking the enemy and taking them all out.

Later when Husky returned to the U.S.  He got in touch with me. Saying he would be going back to school in South Carolina, for an advanced degree.  But that he was having a really hard time dealing with all that he had gone through.  I never heard from him again, after that.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I am sure Jaybob and NaturalHoosier remember HuskyBomb.  Husky and I developed a relationship. In that after he graduated from IU. He joined the Army. Then got assigned to the 4th infantry division at Fort Carson, Colorado.  My last duty station. He spent several combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.  And he gave me his military e-mail.  His last mission Husky sent me pictures of him and four of his closest buddies in Afghanistan. Then one day, I watching the news on  Denver tv. And hear that four members of the 4th infantry from Fort Carson had been killed. My heart skipped a beat. I tried to get a hold of Husky via his military e-mail.  But the Army always would shut it down for guys that were sent on a mission.

It was weeks later, when Husky got back with me.  And yes. It was his team that got killed in action. He was the only one to make it out alive.  After attacking the enemy and taking them all out.

Later when Husky returned to the U.S.  He got in touch with me. Saying he would be going back to school in South Carolina, for an advanced degree.  But that he was having a really hard time dealing with all that he had gone through.  I never heard from him again, after that.

What an awesome story.  I hope he got the counseling he needed and came out on the other side.  HB, if you ever see this, thanks for what you did.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 11:55 PM, milehiiu said:

This may not be the same feeling Mile. My wife of 38 years had an uncle who was 1 of 3 that came back from  Okinawa  out of his platoon! I always love OUR VETS AND WOULD DO ANYTHING I COULD FOR THEM!  I never knew the story of his life until after he had passed!! I am proud of all who have served our GREAT COUNTRY! PS MILE THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! 

1 hour ago, loviubb said:

This may not be the same feeling Mile. My wife of 38 years had an uncle who was 1 of 3 that came back from  Okinawa  out of his platoon! I always love OUR VETS AND WOULD DO ANYTHING I COULD FOR THEM!  I never knew the story of his life until after he had passed!! I am proud of all who have served our GREAT COUNTRY! PS MILE THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! 

Much appreciated.  Something I never got while I was in the service.  In order to fly military standby when I was in the Army. It was required to wear a dress uniform.  Without going into details. Flying was  very troubling at that time.

May god continue to bless your wife's uncle. I am sure he is in heaven.

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Much appreciated.  Something I never got while I was in the service.  In order to fly military standby when I was in the Army. It was required to wear a dress uniform.  Without going into details. Flying was  very troubling at that time.

May god continue to bless your wife's uncle. I am sure he is in heaven.

I HAD A HALF DAY PASS TAKEN AWAY BE CAUSE I WAS IN MY CIVIES!😀 

16 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I HAD A HALF DAY PASS TAKEN AWAY BE CAUSE I WAS IN MY CIVIES!😀 

And to think. Now a days. The military tells members it's ok to travel in civilian clothes, because of what we went through when we were serving our country.  And yet. Those that choose to travel in their dress uniforms... thank goodness ,are welcomed by their fellow passengers.   Always honor our vets. Regardless of when they served. And never forget the sacrifices they gave up for serving our country.

Archived