Purdue Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The way we played, we should have lost by 20. The way Purdue played, we should have won by 10. The fact that some of you are finding anything positive to say after that debacle makes you better people than me. 

The only positive I have is they tried.  Both these programs are completely irrelevant but something about a team not even trying, like the Pacers recently,  is even worse.  IU simply doesn't have the talent to be relevant anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

0-6 against your teams most hated rival. That’ll get you fired at ND and USC in football...probably many other blue bloods as well. *note- I’m not advocating for a firing. It’s just mind boggling.

And in those games- 240 minutes- how many has Purdue trailed?  Can't be more than a few.  They just own us right now.  Don't feel we could beat them no matter what- just hoping to avoid them in BTT.

I’d like to see Jerome looking at some more midrange opportunities before settling for outside jumpers, because if he doesn’t hit one of his first two or three shots, he loses all confidence. 

Race, once again left it all on the court. I’m really impressed by what he’s brought to this team. Also impressed with his touch.

Green was just bad tonight. Yes, he hit a couple threes, but mostly erratic. 

Rob played well for the most part... I just wish that he’d look to attack the rim much more often. 

Al is weak... I mean, I like Al, but good grief he gets bumped and falls. 

Brunk got off to a solid start and then nothing... 

Trace couldn’t throw it in the ocean tonight... along with Green. 

Man this team needs shooters in such a bad way. We were and have been offensively inept from the perimeter for some time now. 

I have been as hard on are Hoosiers as anyone. I have to say we could not hit the broad side of the barn that all boiler fans mate with there live stock in, but we didn't mail it in. We stayed with it gave great effort had a few careless tos, but for not scoring for 10 minutes we still gave are self a chance. Keep up the effort good things will happen Hoosiers! 

Their whole season was riding on this game, and it was against IU. With just normal shooting, IU wins.

I see this team improving little by little every year, and that is how you build sustained program success, not just one season.

Disappointed IU couldn't pull out the win, but not totally upset at the loss. Much better IU teams have lost there.

15 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

People saying no heart, no effort??  Tell me im wrong but i thiught we fought the entire game.  We arent going to shoot 19% very often, so i dont see this as a bad game at all...  obviously bad shooting though

I’m the one usually speaking of NO heart, NO hustle but tonight WE just got Beat by another good instate Indiana team.  If Purdue played every night like there playing Indiana, they be in the field of 64 so I know this hurts them as much as it hurts us!!!  Devonte, Rob, Al, all bricked shots that didn’t catch any iron and not sure what to make of it other than move on to Illinois.  Players & Fans need not to dwell on this series and move on to Illinois.  If you want to beat PU, win 2 more games and make the 64 while they lay eggs and earn a #1 seed in the NIT.  If you think we got problems, just imagine what’s going on over there as they have a very talented team that will miss the 64 but have to watch an instate rival whom they beat twice get to participate.  On to Illinois 

Just now, BornHoosier said:

I’m the one usually speaking of NO heart, NO hustle but tonight WE just got Beat by another good instate Indiana team.  If Purdue played every night like there playing Indiana, they be in the field of 64 so I know this hurts them as much as it hurts us!!!  Devonte, Rob, Al, all bricked shots that didn’t catch any iron and not sure what to make of it other than move on to Illinois.  Players & Fans need not to dwell on this series and move on to Illinois.  If you want to beat PU, win 2 more games and make the 64 while they lay eggs and earn a #1 seed in the NIT.  If you think we got problems, just imagine what’s going on over there as they have a very talented team that will miss the 64 but have to watch an instate rival whom they beat twice get to participate.  On to Illinois 

Make no mistake- this is a very, very, very bad Purdue team.  Very bad.  They just own us right now is all.  Nothing more or less than that.  If we somehow see them in BTT, big trouble.

3 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

we have gone roughly about 40 minutes this season of complete offensive droughts...essentially a full game of basketball of this season was a scoreless effort.

I don't know how you spin that any other way than pathetic. Our coaching has to change even if Archie sticks around.

We were broke as heck but I want to give credit to Painter and his players for smothering any and all IU players who had the ball.  TJD was taken out of this game from the tip and our backcourt continued to brick shots that were contested!  Nice job by PU players and a great game plan from Painter.  On the road vs an Arch Rival, just what I expected!  IU at home vs Arch Rival, did not expect!!!

I don’t get some logic around here. Green is the easy target to hate on, but for us to win we need him to score. Brunk isn’t the problem, coaching and terrible scheme is the problem.

As far as Archie, he is a terrible coach. I would take Painter in a heart beat over Archie.  That probably doesn’t go good over on the roses and daisy's platform.  The fact that he still starts Durham and Smith is unbelievable. The fact that he makes zero halftime adjustments is even more unbelievable. The fact that he can’t set an offense to handle a double team is even more unbelievable. The fact that he still tells has his bigs hedge on a ball screen 30 feet from the basket is even more unbelievable.

The starting lineup should be: Rob, Green, Brunk, Jackson, and Race. First guys off the bench should be Franklin, Hunter, and then Smith. Durham shouldn’t see the court.

10 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

we have gone roughly about 40 minutes this season of complete offensive droughts...essentially a full game of basketball of this season was a scoreless effort.

I don't know how you spin that any other way than pathetic. Our coaching has to change even if Archie sticks around.

The notion that 8-10 minute scoring droughts are solely on coaching is such an lazy evaluation. It's really exhausting to constantly read this narrative.

As has been the case ALL YEAR, this team has a lack of mental fortitude and maturity. When things go well, the team feeds off it and we see really good performances (see FSU, MSU, Penn State). When things go poorly, the negatives cascade and we look completely incompetent. There's nothing Archie can do at this point to fix the mental make-up of this team aside from continuing to push for constant effort (which has improved). It's going to require fresh blood and growth of the young guys already on the team to start getting out of the ruts quicker.

5 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Make no mistake- this is a very, very, very bad Purdue team.  Very bad.  They just own us right now is all.  Nothing more or less than that.  If we somehow see them in BTT, big trouble.

I disagree, they blew Virginia out the water, Beat MSU with no worries, Beat Iowa and played Mich very close.  I like their inside presence and can shoot the 3 at times.  THEIR #1 issue is they don’t play every night like their playing Indiana!  Seems both teams have a want issue from night to night.  I would bet against us if we met in the B10 tourney for sure as they have the size to neutralize this IU team.  I’m over it

6 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

I don’t get some logic around here. Green is the easy target to hate on, but for us to win we need him to score. Brunk isn’t the problem, coaching and terrible scheme is the problem.

As far as Archie, he is a terrible coach. I would take Painter in a heart beat over Archie.  That probably doesn’t go good over on the roses and daisy's platform.  The fact that he still starts Durham and Smith is unbelievable. The fact that he makes zero halftime adjustments is even more unbelievable. The fact that he can’t set an offense to handle a double team is even more unbelievable. The fact that he still tells has his bigs hedge on a ball screen 30 feet from the basket is even more unbelievable.

The starting lineup should be: Rob, Green, Brunk, Jackson, and Race. First guys off the bench should be Franklin, Hunter, and then Smith. Durham shouldn’t see the court.

I think you misspelled the handle of your troll account.

Archived