OT: Greg Schiano reportedly being hired by Tennessee

madmax

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You have no idea what they'd believe.  It's fair to question if there would be the outrage, but you have no right to say people don't have a very real moral objection to the Schiano hire. 

Just my opinion but I think it is pretty accurate.  I have never seem moral's and SEC fan in the same sentence.  I compare it to our basketball fan base and RMK.  when he was winning big and winning championships nobody cared about his behavior.  Once he stopped winning big is when people started to actually see what RMK was doing was wrong.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just my opinion but I think it is pretty accurate.  I have never seem moral's and SEC fan in the same sentence.  I compare it to our basketball fan base and RMK.  when he was winning big and winning championships nobody cared about his behavior.  Once he stopped winning big is when people started to actually see what RMK was doing was wrong.

This is an utterly ridiculous and frankly, stupid statement.  SEC fans don't have the moral fortitude to not want a guy involved in a rape scandal?  Come on. 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is an utterly ridiculous and frankly, stupid statement.  SEC fans don't have the moral fortitude to not want a guy involved in a rape scandal?  Come on. 

I think you are a little naïve and should watch the 30/30 on SMU and college football to see what fans care about.  They don't care that recruits gets a little attention from female coeds or that they give them money or cars to attend their college.  So no I don't believe they would care about what part Schiano had in the PSU scandal if he had a great record.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think you are a little naïve and should watch the 30/30 on SMU and college football to see what fans care about.  They don't care that recruits gets a little attention from female coeds or that they give them money or cars to attend their college.  So no I don't believe they would care about what part Schiano had in the PSU scandal if he had a great record.

You think "traditional" shady recruiting tactics are actually immoral in the way that child rape is?  That was not rhetorical, please answer yes or no. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Listen, I don't know what reality you live in but raping young boys is something that is not tolerated.  Rape, period, is not tolerated.  Schiano is tied to it.  

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You think "traditional" shady recruiting tactics are actually immoral in the way that child rape is?  That was not rhetorical, please answer yes or no. 

No it is not the same but I stand by what I said that if he had won big they would not be this adamant about this.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No it is not the same but I stand by what I said that if he had won big they would not be this adamant about this.

You are forgetting something.  Schiano did win big at Rutgers.  Won big enough to get an NFL gig with the Bucs.  Then the story broke about the Penn St. tragedy.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Gundy at UT would be fun. He's been at Ok St for 10+ years. Maybe it's just time for a change of scenery. Plus he wouldn't have to throw out all of his orange clothes either.

Or he is using UT's interest to get a pay raise where he is at?

Archived