The Indiana University vs Illinois Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It actually looks like a Kingfisher or a really weirdly shaped bluejay.

And i think we lose by 15.  Will be down 27 with 3 minutes to go, they will pull their starters and Green will hit 4 3s in a row and act like he is a world beater

You got it. It is a Kingfisher.  But man.  Just as bad as the Kansas Jayhawk mascot.

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Yeah.  I mean its not terrible but i believe that since you're called the Fighting Illini, you could choose anything in the world to use, why use a bird?

Gotcha.  Just to be fair.  The BIRD has yet to be named the official mascot of the Fighting Illini.   I am with you.  Think they could come with a better mascot.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

ralphie.jpg?width=1440&height=810&mode=cColor me biased. However, I think the University of Colorado has the best live mascot of all.  Looking for Ralphie VI, since Ralphie V was retired at the end of last season. Not because of old age. But because that lady buffalo ran too fast.

I never noticed you were biased towards Colorado...

Back to Illinois.

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Sadly I don't see this team beating the new Wisconsin Badgers.  Another kinda must win if we want to try and win 2 out of the next 3.  

We haven’t beat Wisconsin in what seems like a lifetime ago but if we lose to them at home with a spot of the 64 on the line, do we really deserve it anyways?  Last 3 games shown our issues are not heart but the ability to hit open shots, make your FREE throws & stop turning the ball over with errant passes in the most critical part of the game. Might be just me but Illinois is a much more winnable game than Thurs at Mackey.  

4 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

We haven’t beat Wisconsin in what seems like a lifetime ago but if we lose to them at home with a spot of the 64 on the line, do we really deserve it anyways?  Last 3 games shown our issues are not heart but the ability to hit open shots, make your FREE throws & stop turning the ball over with errant passes in the most critical part of the game. Might be just me but Illinois is a much more winnable game than Thurs at Mackey.  

Pretty sure we beat UW last year at home

For some reason and I have no ideal why ! I feel like we will win at Illinois. We all know we are more then capable of winning these last three games. With the inconsistency of our guard play we are also very capable of losing these last three games. Three games in a row is a lot to ask this group. I choose to believe, we will win the next two for sure! Go Hoosiers 

I think I heard this correctly. Of the last 10 games we've played Illinois we won 8 and the 2 we did lose were by a possession or OT? Guess i didn't realize how dominate we've been over the last 4-5 years vs them. Says plenty I guess.

Regarding game. Best news I have is it's our last true road game of season. Otherwise Illinois has shown at times they can shoot, has shown at times they put the ball down low (Kofi can get quick fouls), and they also have shown plenty of times to get beat by poor play. They seem to be trending up again so I'm not expecting much from our end....not because we aren't capable but you can't honestly expect us to flip it all of a sudden on the road. It's March tomorrow....heaven forbid our guys show any ROAD intelligence.

15 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It actually looks like a Kingfisher or a really weirdly shaped bluejay.

And i think we lose by 15.  Will be down 27 with 3 minutes to go, they will pull their starters and Green will hit 4 3s in a row and act like he is a world beater

Gonna get ugly.  UI's guards will shred IU's backcourt.  RP ailing/recovering from whatever ails him,  Franklin's a frosh and the remaining two,  meh.......  you all know.

McHoop

Archived