The Grilling & Smoking Thread

I love the Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. Use it on Burgers and Steak. Haven't been able to find the bigger size bottle in stores for awhile. May have to look online and stock up for the summer. 

Used to live in Naperville so been to many a Ribfest. Highly recommend anyone who can try and get there to check it out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I love the Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. Use it on Burgers and Steak. Haven't been able to find the bigger size bottle in stores for awhile. May have to look online and stock up for the summer. 

Used to live in Naperville so been to many a Ribfest. Highly recommend anyone who can try and get there to check it out. 

Dominat One

I’m glad this thread is back. Like many, I’ll be off work tomorrow trying to get set up to work from home. That means the smoker is getting used!

Got some chicken thighs seasoned. Not pictured: chicken legs in Caribbean jerk marinade, turkey sausage, boudin, and a chuck roast. 

595042E6-D927-4B11-837C-1C4DE6A86E95.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, milehiiu said:

Good to see you back again. "Old Friend". Oh I do recall the times we talked about grilling out on John Decker's Hoosier Nation. He designated me as a mod. And asked me if I had any ideas who he should designate  as another mod at the time.  I told him... we needed some young blood.And suggested you. And Mr. Decker made you a mod. Then.... when Mr. Decker left the site, with no notice... it was you and me that worked to keep it alive.  Till CC stepped in. And started HSN 0.1

My how time has flown by. Not only a husband to a beautiful lady. But a father. Long way from when I first met you. And baseball was a major part of your life.

Oh, I have memories.  Again. Glad to have you back.

Very ironic small world lol. Must have been perfect timing because I remember messaging Decker that if he ever needed help on the boards I would love to. Perfect timing lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs mile bought a honey baked ham for Easter Sunday. However our son is insisting on grilling shrimp with his pineapple sauce instead. It's really good.  Pulled the grill under cover as it has been snowing all day. And currently the wind chill factor is 9 degrees.  Guess what we will be having for dinner on Monday ?   You got it.... Honey backed ham.   Looking forward to two great meals this weekend.

Stay safe Hoosier Sports Nation.  Prayers continuing to go out to each and every one of you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I do a ton of grilling and smoking. I would highly advise this seasoning when you do so. You don't have to add anything else, but this. 

Any pork, any beef, fish, shrimp, veggies. You can use it on anything. 

Snapchat-1335525326.jpg

I just ordered some. I needed a new "go to."

I use to use Williams Rib Tickler, which looked to be a lot like the Marion-Kay enterprise...family owned and it was right up the road from me in Cleveland, Texas, but I heard the founder died, and the relatives were feuding over the company. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I just ordered some. I needed a new "go to."

I use to use Williams Rib Tickler, which looked to be a lot like the Marion-Kay enterprise...family owned and it was right up the road from me in Cleveland, Texas, but I heard the founder died, and the relatives were feuding over the company. 

I believe you're going to be happy with your purchase. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I believe you're going to be happy with your purchase. 

$10 shipping, but if it's good, I'll suffer that. I never mind paying for stuff I like.

Looked for an Amazon option (prime member) but no joy...all they had was Marion-Kay popcorn seasoning...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I do a ton of grilling and smoking. I would highly advise this seasoning when you do so. You don't have to add anything else, but this. 

Any pork, any beef, fish, shrimp, veggies. You can use it on anything. 

Snapchat-1335525326.jpg

Looked for this on Amazon and couldn't find it. Couple dominatrix books came up instead.  Where do you order it from?

• Like 2

Just now, Reacher said:

Looked for this on Amazon and couldn't find it. Couple dominatrix books came up instead.  Where do you order it from?

I'm from Brownstown. They sell it in all the local groceries around here. 

Hell I'd buy it for you and ship to you. Same for you @IUFLA

Have to be cheaper that way, wouldn't it? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...